Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Curious as to why the panoramic roof was on so many of the older models and yet it seems to be quite rare on the new ones. It’s a pity.. I really liked that bright feel during the test drive I had on the older one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Dunno, I never lived in the Soviet Union, but I've heard a few anecdotes to that effect from former residents of the worker's paradise

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

It was standard on the Family, Tech and Max trims I think, whereas now it's an extra

The Family trim in particular seemed quite popular as it was decent enough value for money at the time

As an introduction to the world of EVs, would it be a decent move to pick up a 2021/22 family model now if it had low mileage?

Yeah it's a decent car if the price is right. Certainly I've seen a few going for just over €20k which seems good

Are you able to have a home charger installed? You'll want one to maximise the savings, and you'll want to read the electricity plan thread to see what deals are good for you

Also, I'm guessing you've already confirmed the range will cover your daily usage? Make sure there's a decent buffer to cover some unexpected driving

It's also worth putting any longer trips you regularly take into a planner like https://abetterrouteplanner.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Mad_Lad

Why would I be telling porky-pies ? 😀

Missing on the 77 Kwh is the below which costs 2,815 and was standard on the 2021 Tour 5 77 Kwh

The Tour 5 cost me 41K

With the Assistance package the total cost would be 47,680 Euro's.

WE3 Assistance Plus Package In addition to Assistance package
    Area View
    Lane change system side assist
    Travel Assist, Lane Assist and Emergency Assist
    Parking Route memory

The only difference now is the parking route memory, my21 T5 doesn't have it.

That's a huge price compared to the Model Y and getting close to the long range Model Y long range which costs 49,990

I can't seem to find whether or not the 77 Kwh id3 is the 5 seat or 4 seat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭denismc

Yes, I picked up one 2nd hand (Tech) 6 months ago and I am very pleased with it, when you compare with 2-3 year old Golfs they seem very good value.

My only gripe with the car is the infotainment system isn't the most intuitive but it has wireless AA which makes up for it.

Getting about 300 km range in Winter ( mostly school runs) but that is increasing as temperatures increase.

There is a recall to do with a battery module that needs to be checked, also when I got mine it had older software. So these need to be checked if buying from a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

Not car related but the wife's grandmother had to queue up for a fridge in Poland in the late 70's. When she got to the top of the queue a pregnant woman appeared and going the rules of the day she got dibs. Unfortunately for her and fortunately for my wife's grandmother the pregnant lady couldn't afford it. It turned out to be the last remaining fridge in the shop. The wife's grandmother snapped it up and it's still believe it or not in her kitchen to this day. They don't make them like that anymore lol.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭electricus

It has 4 seats but I think the Cupra Born 77 is available with 5.

At that price point, the ID.4 is much better value.

I don't know I didn't check the ID4 specs, if I could remember the MY21 which I probably couldn't.

• Advertisement

I know I can get an ID.4 similar to mine for around €48k new, somewhat lower than the €57k I paid

I can't remember exactly what add-ons I'd selected but it definitely has all the assistance packages, led headlights and the sunroof

Pretty sure I skipped the DCC as it's fairly useless, and I got 19 inch alloys instead of 21s

Can't remember if it included the heat pump

I know the SUV shape isn't for everyone, but for the same price you get more storage and seating space, plus an extra 80hp and better software for the moment

Oh yeah I see the extra 80 Hp for the 77 Kwhs now.

I do remember at the time the id4 with the travel assist was going to cost 58k, it's a 3,600 package now including area view camera.

To be honest, I wouldn't pay so much for a car again in a hurry.

1600 add-on for the pro plus because it already has the area camera I think

The pricing is a bit strange, varies with the trim, and the configurator doesn't seem to have the assistance plus package 😬

I'm in the same headspace, nothing wrong with my car and I don't want to spend the money on a newer one

I'd say there'll be some good deals next year on 242 models, but like the ID.3 at the moment. But that then has a knock on effect on trade in of my current car

Much like the film Wargames, the only way to win is not to play 😭

I've had time to think about over Easter, I'm paying for EVs since 2015, not to mention what I've paid in the past on other vehicles, time to save, cars have got really, expensive today and I think manufacturers have really forgot the lower price segment, the 1.0L, the small hatch, the estate car, I get why people will want to go out and buy an EV, the excitement of it all, it's so different, so new for most people but when that wears off it's not exciting any more paying so much for cars lol

What I will do in October is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭eagerv

Surely Mad Lad your savings have been huge over the last number of years, I know it's something we are inclined not to think about. Especially with work charging in your case. While your car has lost more value than you would wish, the price of new cars has also fallen. So cost to change may not be as bad as you think.

In the lower price segment there are a few small cars very keenly priced. VW e-up comes to mind, quite a respectable range in a nice package for under €20k. And simple, plenty of buttons, no screen, you just use your phone in a holder.

Some people I know (Not all old folk) rarely if ever drive beyond their local town and certainly would not venture onto a motorway. Lower range cheap cars such as the Dacia would suit many. Probably more common away from big cities, but I am sure you know similar folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭fits

A few of us bought new that never did before back in 2021but there really was very little available back then. There is 75000 km on our car now that was charged 99% at home and the long term average is 17 kWh/100 km. we must have saved at least 3000 a year and had an 0% finance deal too. I don’t think we did too badly to be honest.

There's more to running a car than fuel, repayments + interest, all those deposits add up etc, the Tax on new cars is ridiculous too and it's a lot of money that goes to the Government, that's my hard earned that they get for nothing lol.

Better to have it in the bank than keep spending it I say.

The next car won't be nearly as expensive.

Well, I won't be getting stung for the 4th time, this is the last time I buy new and probably for good, the cost of new cars has got very expensive over the last couple of years and so much technology is adding to this cost that we mostly don't need yet forced to pay for it.

It's just not worth all the money to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Didn't you hand back at least one of your previous cars after the PCP?

If I paid off the balloon to own it I wouldn't have been any better off because the dealers weren't going to give me any more, that didn't make any sense at the time because I didn't intend to keep the Leaf or i3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Comer1

The peace of mind that comes with driving a car still under warranty can't be ignored either. I expect that with how complicated and being so electronics based, all new cars are, especially EVs, repairs will be difficult to diagnose and extremely expensive.

Yeah we'll be able to sort out a home charger. The ID3 will be for school runs and local trips. We do around 40km a day in the car we use for that now so I think it'll be a good fit. That planner is excellent! Definitely bookmarking that one.

That's great to know. I definitely think the strategy now is to get a 21/22 tech/family model with mileage as low as possible. Then after a year or so, if things are flying, I'll use that to trade in against the model thats coming out in the next couple of months when they're available used.

Expecting to get 15k for my own so would be hoping to put this to bed for 6-7k all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭fafy

Newmarket Motors are the VW dealer to watch, they were 1st in the country, to heavily discount the discontinued E -Up, the first to offer a 241 ID4 (albeit the low powered 174hp) for circa 41k, and now the first to offer a new 241 ID3 for under 31k.

Their pricing is consistently clear & transparent, but just for the “bog standard” spec ID’s, if thats what you are looking for, unlike Divane’s in Kerry, who mess about with vague scappage deals, which are neither clear nor transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Only issue I have with that price is the warranty looks to only be 1 year. Otherwise it's a decent price for the Pro version with the alloys tacked on.

There's a 160,000 Km 8 year warranty, whichever comes first on the EV bits like battery, motor, inverter.

What I'm not sure about is what battery % they guarantee in this time is it 70 or 80% ? I don't know.

The rest of the car of course anything can happen the same with all cars I suppose.

One thing for sure is that I'm not going to keep spending on new cars just to avail of a warranty. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Alright alright we get it you aren't buying another new car there's really no need to tell us every time you post. Motorbike good EV bad, you're melting my brain at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

With VW it's 70% degradation

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

he'll get the ban eventually. It was so quiet on motors forum for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

It's considered 2nd hand so for some reason they replace a 3y warranty with 1y dealer warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Sneaky move, happened to me with an ex demo Skoda seems to be a VAG thing that they conveniently forgot to tell you.

Advertisement