Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P Diddy the next Epstein/R Kelly?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

lol That's not the 'Ultramagnetic MC's' buck, unless three of them have miraculously turned into women and even more miraculously another three have turned into white men.

You wanna check yo algorithm before you wreck yo algorithm

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

What's wrong with white rappers and lady rappers? You need to make sure you're connected bro.

Nothing wrong with it, but the 'Ultramagnetic Mc's' had neither so the picture you posted isn't them. Hold on a tick and I'll find out for you who them gadges in your pic is.

lol so unfortunately this is the OG's who you posted

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/artist/stereo-mcs/

The Stereo MC's

"Thanks buried"

"you're welcome Citizen Six"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The only positive thing Shane Lynch ever did was when he punched this c***t.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,935 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭badabing106

Word on the street is that Jay Z is alot worse than Diddy.

Diddy posted this on his insta and left the comments open!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5ZTAHSP27g/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The video which has emerged today is a hard watch.
    He paid the Hotel 50k to delete the footage but someone kept a copy.
    should be in jail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭maik3n

He has now responded to the video leak.

https://news.sky.com/story/p-diddy-rapper-sean-combs-says-video-of-him-assaulting-singer-cassie-is-inexcusable-13139380

As much as it pains me to say it, with Chris Brown being welcomed back into the fold with open arms after the Rhianna incident, I think Diddy can still come back from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭jj880

Not so sure. Seeing a photo of Rihanna's swolen face and hearing what went down is bad but seeing this video is on another level. All about how Diddy is perceived. I think he's done and going to jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

never liked the guy.. always just felt there was something monumentally off about him….. proven now, 100% IS….

Let’s be honest, if someone like Paul McCartney wrote songs containing some of the misogynistic, abusive, sexist shîte that passes for ok in Diddys world.. ohhh…Because #gangstarap…. He’d be cancelled in 5 minutes , same Metallica, Coldplay, U2 or anyone not of that genre… where it’s just accepted… 😵 constantly bigging up violence, sexism, criminality…. And not to be questioned, in fact protected, so is anyone surprised ?

An absolute fûcking ghoul, always was, just now, proof…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I think you need to be able to separate the art from the artist, or their artist persona. And I say this as someone who doesn’t understand the appeal of this music genre at all.

Assaulting someone in a public place with guaranteed cctv is pretty stupid, but it’s more impressive that he didn’t get the footage deleted for good. I have no doubts that he could have had he approached this properly, so he probably felt too safe.
    Begs the question why she decided to stay, but that will probably just be answered when a post trial tv interview deal is offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

You seem more put out that he got caught and didn't successfully cover his tracks than the fact that he was battering his girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I seen this video earlier, checked here, there wasn't much traffic. A couple of posts highlighted it alright. Dirty 🐁, denied everything to the hilt. Thug! Never thought he was any good at music. He's more a producer these days. The only song I remember really of his was a Biggie tribute which was a cover of a Police hit. And all the rumours going around, the raids and after seeing this, you gotta wonder what else is true.

Haven't watched his apology video. Though I have seen the links as well and chat about what it contains. Do I need to? He's only made it because he's been exposed as a complete liar. I heard he didn't mention the victim's name even once, possibly for judicial reasons and potential lawsuits. Conniving to the nth degree.

Edit: Another reason why he doesn't mention Cassie's name, it could be a control thing in his mind.

Post edited by sligeach on

I’m not put out by either of these things. Surely you agree that he must be stupid or that he must have felt invincible if he disregarded the importance of the recording?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,408 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Too busy casting aspersions at the victim of the assault to condemn the act itself.

Just that he was stupid or reckless to get caught.

Thats what comes across in your posts.

Speaks volumes.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I don’t see the point to condemn the assault because it’s “proven” by the recording. He obviously did it so what’s the value in commenting further on it. I find it more interesting that he did not move heaven and earth to get rid of the evidence.

What does it being recorded on camera have to with you refusing to condemn it?

You dont see the point or that would run contrary to the general misogyny and victim blaming of your posts?

If it wasnt recorded would we expect posts refusing to condemn unproven actions?

Always some excuse isnt there?

• Advertisement

Why do I have to condemn it in order to contribute to the thread? Can we not just discuss the material?

When you don't condemn the assault, instead you cast aspersions about the victim - and no doubt, if there wasn't footage of it you would be casting aspersions as to the truth of the victim's account…

And the most you can muster about the perpetrator is that they were 'stupid' or 'reckless' - then it becomes obvious your posts "discussing" the material are just dog whistling approval of misogyny and tolerance of the behaviour of the men carrying out such assaults.

That’s your interpretation of my post, nothing else. Personally I don’t see any benefit in commenting on the morality of the assault, but prefer to discuss the event and surrounding circumstances themselves. It doesn’t warrant personal comments against me either.

Earlier you said you wouldn't comment because it was documented in the video. Can't keep your story straight.

Now out comes a different excuse once the misogyny and victim blaming in your posts is called out. That's the content of your posts being attacked btw, so don't try to play the victim here - the victim here is Cassie. The perpetrator of the reprehensible assault is P Diddy. Not that you would know it from your posts.

There is a lot of benefit in challenging such attitudes towards women and abusers when manifested in posts on this thread.

I said that I didn’t see the point in making moral comments on the assault. You see what happened in the video, so why would you need everyone to express shock and horror at it? I will not add any emotive language just because you deem it a requirement. The same applies for their names - for me it adds nothing to the discussion. You are free to post differently to me if you like, but I will not add faux outrage just to appease you.

Surely we have derailed the thread enough by now and can move on.

And you would express moral comments about the assault if there was no recording? Nope. You'd be doubting the victim's account of it. Any excuse.

Why would 'faux outrage' be required, when it is a recording of a woman being brutally beaten?

Sums up the entire amoral tone of your posts in a nutshell.

Why would be faux about it? Do you think it is ok to beat a woman like that? And if not, why go to these lengths to avoid saying so?

It is clear, you don't make moral comments on it in your posts because that would require you to express a negative moral opinion about a male perpetrator of domestic violence against women - and as we have seen in this set of posts, any excuse will be reached for to avoid doing so.

I do not express moral comments because I don’t have to. If you paid attention to my posts you’d notice that I do not care about people, and that includes most victims of any sort, as well as perpetrators. I can’t change that, but it doesn’t mean that I can’t comment on threads discussing people or events. So yes, adding emotive language would be faux outrage in this case.

The video speaks for itself. If you are bothered by my lack of condemnation then feel free to ignore my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭jj880

@odyssey06 is this your first time meeting Jequ0n? 🤣

You are posting in a thread about a vicious assault on a woman. If you "do not care" about people, if you "do not care" about victims and perpetrators of such an assault why are you even posting here? Something about the incident is drawing you to comment on it, why this incident and not others?

Expressing moral comments would not be 'emotive' language. Even if one does not feel emotional connection, one can reason an reasonable intellectual logical argument as to why laws against such actions are in place, and that such conduct is wrong, and can be called out as such.

Do you think it is ok to beat a woman like that? Do you think it is correct that such perpetrators are judged to have committed wrongdoing by society and accept the reasonable basis for such laws and judgments?

And if you are free to express 'amoral' perspective, then likewise others are free to point out the amoral basis of those questions \ perspectives. Or you could add your own such context.

• Advertisement

This thread is about the whole P Diddy scandal that seems to be slowly unravelling. It’s not just about this video/ assault. If it’s evident that a crime was committed (and captured by the camera) why would I need to add a personal commentary that it is reprehensible? It really doesn’t matter what my personal feelings on this matter are. He has evidently committed a crime. It’s a fact so there is no need to comment further.

People need to be judged in a courtroom, but by social media. In this case he is fair game because he missed his chance to settle the affair adequately.

Advertisement