Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P Diddy the next Epstein/R Kelly?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you don't care about the perpetrator and you don't care about the victim… as you declared above - why would the scandal cause you to care enough to post? Your claims are contradictory and are not convincing.

The amoral tone in your posts comes across as condoning such actions as this vicious assault, that the only thing he did wrong was getting caught.

Such a view is reinforced by refusing to give straight answers to a simple question like:

"Do you think it is ok to beat a woman like that?"

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I am reading and contributing for the same reason as many others. It entertains me and I am intrigued to (maybe) find out about how the network operated. I don’t see why I need to justify my interest to you, or who you think you are to demand that people answer any question that you throw at them.

My moral view on the matter is irrelevant. What he did is a crime, so it’s black and white, and not a moral question. I do not condone the attack, but it’s not a moral question for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Criminal acts can also be subject to moral judgment. The moral reinforces the legal. Both are important. We see this for offences \ misdemeanours that are deemed illegal but perhaps not immoral. In the past such conduct towards women may have been nominally illegal, but not subject to social \ moral condemnation - and appear to have been more common \ tolerated. It is important to reinforce that this is an act both illegal and morally reprehensible.

Would you express a moral judgment if it was reprehensible conduct that was not illegal? Or would you fall back to another excuse or expression of disinterest?

There are no demands in my posts and the reason why you were quite reasonably asked to explain your interest in the thread is when you replied to my post with a statement like this where you declare such disinterest:

"I do not care about people, and that includes most victims of any sort, as well as perpetrators."

After such a statement, it is entirely reasonable to ask then why you are interested in the topic at all.

But we'll leave you at being "entertained" and "intrigued" by how a network of sex and drug traffickers operate - rather than, as might be expected, concerned and hopeful that law enforcement can shut down such operations.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Moral judgment is not something that interests me much, although there are some things that will make me angry. Violence against people does not interest me unless I care about the person. I have explained this before.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy the topic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The apology was pathetic.
    Only sorry he was caught.
    No defence for this saddo.

Don’t think this is the end either, only the beginning.

As for the victim blaming here…pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah I can't with the whole "why did she choose to stay?" crap. If it was that simple then no one would ever be the victim of prolonged domestic abuse. Unfortunately, it isn't. Victim blaming doesn't help anything.

Imagine what he was like behind closed doors if he could act that way in a public place and knowing there would be cameras

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭benny79

How has he not be arrested with all the allegations yet? I know there only allegations but the FBI raided his houses surely the found something to arrest and hold him.. R kelly 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 39,922 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mixture of things. The majority of the allegations are historical so the criminal statue of limitations has expired.

He is alleged to have been involved in "sex trafficking" that is federal so that is why the FBI raided his houses.

But they are only allegations, to get something like that into a criminal trial you obviously need solid evidence, willing victims and witnesses. It also obviously needs to be true.

This scum bag is beyond wealthy, he can pay for silence like he did for that poor misfortunate lady in the video or he can fight any criminal charges with a massive war chest to spend on fancy lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭jj880

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maryroeloffs/2024/05/22/netflix-buys-sean-diddy-combs-documentary-after-bidding-war/

A docuseries about the allegations of sexual abuse, rape and sex trafficking against rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs has landed at Netflix months after its producer, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, started teasing the project and posters for a fake documentary started making the rounds on social media

Advertisement