Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

yes. That is the graph. The problem is that no scientist has ever provided a CAUSE & EFFECT to determine that humans are responsible for this graph. It’s the difference between science & scientism (the latter which is commands modern day consensus)

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

Yes I understand your take on it, and that such science (science = knowledge) is evolving. But I would certainly myself agree with overall erring on the side of the caution that our evolving activity may be a big part of climate change. At the same time I have some counter ideas from a visit to Newfoundland & Labrador’s S hence Centre’s Johnson Geo Centre in St John’s, Newfoundland. I visited when there were direct flights from Dublin. They postulated a number of scenarios, which was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,157 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Most of the 'talent' will have the Easter holidays either off or curtailed.

Kullum could be in for Laaavhline .

Not much sign of any 'changes ' by Kevin so far.

The car man is still in for the stint on Easter Monday at 09-11.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Got a bout of food poisoning on Friday evening - projectile vomiting, rigors, cold, loss of time-sense, etc.
    Pretty sure this time around it was the same cause as previous - an e.coli infection from a contaminated water supply or tinned fish.
    Took to my bed late on Friday night, spent as much time as I needed to feel better and when I finally crawled out of my pit, on Sunday morning, Saturday had just gone
    Never to be seen again.
    Still couldn't keep anything down, even a couple teaspoons of yoghurt came back up, but I recalled some nursey advice from previously - boiled water. A pint of boiled water.
    Surprising how well that works.
    Steadily improving, but flamin' weak.
    There is one consolatioon, so far I've shed a couple of kilos but I don't think this episode will have me being at death's door after a week or two and my GP (who was a switched-on honest type) telling me I'd only have a fortnight to live if my bloodwork kept coming back as it was. (That was a Luton and Dunstable Orspital - possibly the worst place for dragging you back from the brink I've ever been in).

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭furiousox

Wrong thread? 🙄

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mattser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Health status updates are as fundamental to this thread as making fun of Duffy’s weight and his working class accent and saying appalling things about callers for a few thanks.

Ascertaining de cause is important if it is a repeat episode. Gallbladder infection, pancreatitis, IBD, being obvious ones to eliminate. But de way hotspittle A&Es are now we are put off attending. Around this time last year I had what is now known to be a suden progression in pre-existing MS, and had a bad seizure, and ought to have gone to A&E. However, the media, including Liveline, were repetitiously highlighting that we should not be presenting to public hospitals as they were not functioning, and to see alternatives. When I could actually hold a phone in my hand I should have dialled 112/999 but was put off by the messages from RTE, when I was one such case that needed the expertise. Going to a private hospital with no resident neurologist and a general consultant who subsequently let me down badly resulted in a delayed diagnosis and much distress.

I still intend to raise the matter on Liveline when a good opportunity arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,773 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Radio1 schedules are on Central European Summer Time 😐️ aka UTC+2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Advertisement

More of their cut-price IT Skillz, when the top 'talent' waltz away with the money.

I only get €20 per post from Recode Agency (the agency par excellence for talented talent) that garners a reaction. I have to take screenshots of my post and the reaction. I don’t get paid without a reaction, and I have to submit total annual earnings in my Form 11.

I bet Cull’Em will be in for Joe for next two weeks.

I first posted here in 2009, back when the thread was about liveline! 😃

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I know , that’s the usual slur when I state obvious facts.
    if you have cause & effect data from actual scientific method testing I’d be delighted to retract.
    (observation of a natural phenomenon and skipping past the hypothesis, independent , dependent variable testing and conjuring up a cause & effect relation is NOT the scientific method. It’s pseudoscience.)

you must have heard my call on September 2009. I did a search back on vBulletin back in the day as I only first joined Boards about 2017/18, the Liveline thread was absolutely dead & dry back then compared to now.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but you're an idiot and you're now on ignore.

has Joe gone mad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,647 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The coddle nowadays must have a bigger kick in it than that from his younger days so to speak 😂.

It's dat skunk coddle wit' de Danish pork sossiges an' dat.

Joe literally phoning it in today.

CPL 593H

JOE

Sounds giddy and different - I’m presently eating my hat as I swore Joe would be in Chateau Dordogne this time of year.

Sleeping with smelly unwashed people and dat.

Something about missing Lyon’s Rea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Tow

Today in Studio S7.1:

• Command Chair: Joe sounding like he is in de Jacks.
    • Guest Chairs: Empty

Possible Topics:

• Jonathan Ross: Showers once a Week. what is it like to live with de Unwashed.
    • Match Maker: How is business these days?
    • Lyons Tea: Life not worth living since they did away in Pyramid Tea bags.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Maybe Joe in his Gorey residence and got a loner of Tub's state of de art podcasting setup.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

I thought he was in de jax with de echo quality, but no extraneous sounds

Maybe he’s across de bay in de Monkstown stewdio.

Easter Eggs cost more than last year, so we spend more on them. Gavin is confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The lad from Belfast Live sounds like he's ringing in from the same place Joe was for the promo.

Advertisement