Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Options
  • 02-11-2023 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,356 ✭✭✭✭

Teaser Trailer

Opens May next year

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes is set several generations in the future following Caesar’s reign, in which apes are the dominant species living harmoniously and humans have been reduced to living in the shadows. As a new tyrannical ape leader builds his empire, one young ape undertakes a harrowing journey that will cause him to question all that he has known about the past and to make choices that will define a future for apes and humans alike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The first trailer for this has dropped. A couple of the writers and producers of the reboot trilogy have returned, which is good. No Andy Serkis involvement though, sadly.

I really enjoyed Dawn, Rise, and War so hopefully this maintains the same quality, although it still looks like it's another prequel to the events of the original PotA. Hopefully that doesn't wear too thin just yet.

Edit: Coulson beat me to it. Mods can delete!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Feuding Apes

Released 24th May 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 60,356 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 18,961 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Looking forward to this, but I'm a bit unsure how they're going to wrap this into the reboot trilogy. But the new trilogy is one of the very few examples of a reboot of a famous series that worked really well, so there's hopes it'll be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just seen the trailer for this in front of Dune 2 yesterday. Must say it looks good. I look forward to it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,356 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ms

I went and seen this yesterday. Excellent film, beautiful scenery and characters you really care for. It has been 7 years since the last film was done but I love the way what happened in that film at the end was not forgotten.

I would give this film 10 out of 10.

Its a must see in the cinema.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,961 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It has been 7 years since the last film was done

No it wasn't. Don't be ridiculous.

checks Google…

Fuck me.

😥

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭winstonia

Was alright. Nothing groundbreaking. Took awhile to get going. Guess they are gonna make a few more 5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I haven't seen it. But the trailer seems to give everything away. Apes and humans get on. Then they don't. Apes hunts humans. And the film is a huge build-up to the inevitable battle. I could be wrong of course. In any case, I will stream it when available. Always liked the planet of the apes movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I haven't seen it, but Kermode's review said there's a planned trilogy and that led to this film lacking pace of its own

Ms

All wrong and if you liked the films you would go seee it in the Cinema.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Its a film I will happily go see a second time in the Cinema.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭santana75

Saw this earlier, cracking film. Far better than I expected. Very reminiscent of the original 1960s version

Advertisement