Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 Flat turf season.

Options
  • 31-03-2024 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would start this for anyone to bang up anything useful for the punters on here

I see Richard Hughes is 7 winners from his last 14 runners, red hot also add the sp of the winners 5/4 6/4 7/2 7/2 4/1 9/2 6/1 so maybe leave his outsiders alone.

Plus two second places at 4/6 7/2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭del roy

Another trainer in decent form

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/author/richard-hannon

one for later……………Serene Seraph is another very, very good filly and she could be Classic material, too. We didn’t over race her last season and I’m hopeful she could end up top notch.

3.45 PHOENIX BEACH 2pts e/w 16/1 powers/ladbrokes 4 places

We’re back at five furlongs on Sunday and I just have it in my mind he’s a horse who doesn’t want it too soft. I hope it dries out a bit for him but for the money I’m happy to take a chance and he is only a pound higher than when winning at Newcastle in November.

OISIN ORR doing 8-11 on this one today, may have to miss breakfast as the lightest he has ridden last 12 months 8-10

TRAINER / JOCKEY combo at the track over the last five years 14 runners 3 winners 7 places

Bath 2.50 MAJESTIC HEIGHTS (16/1)

Hannon's MAJESTIC BREEZE is interesting as his twice raced male 2 Yr Olds running in May are 9/18 with 14 placed.
    over the last 12 months the trainer has had 28 runners at Bath 6 winners and a massive 14 (50%) placed.

Windsor 6.35 LADY DREAMER 2pts e/w 12/1 4 places skybet.

Windsor form 312

LADY DREAMER steps up a grade here from her last turf race however she was a close 3rd in a class 4 here last July. the jockey Trevor Whelan is riding at his minimum weight he has ridden in the last 12 months.

Over the last 5 years trainer Tom Ward has send 67 horses to Windsor 11 won and 31 placed it actually gets better when you switch to handicaps only 47 runners 9 winners and 24 placed.

I don't think this will be 12/1 at off time tomorrow.

Lads Re: LADY DREAMER interesting observations regarding the trainer's handicap runners.
    29 of his 31 handicap winners since 2009 were priced at SP 17/2 or lower (Win SR 21%) whereas just 2 from 126 won priced at SP 9/1 or greater (win SR 1.58%).
    Five jockeys riding his handicap runners (Hollie Doyle, James Doyle, Kingscote, Levey & Marquand) account for 24 of these winners and rode all his handicap winners at Windsor. A saver on H Doyle's runner RHYTHM N HOOVES (a previous CL 2 winner off OR 87 under H Doyle) might be worthwhile?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

Varian very sweet of Ejaabiyah for the Oaks. some fancy prices still available. Entered on saturday

here's our oaks bet

EPSOM OAKS
    Friday 31st May

EZELIYA 3PTS E/W 14/1 POWERS/HILLS/BETFAIR 3 PLACES

THIS FILLY HAS SUCH RIDICULOUS LOW DOSAGE IN HER FAMILY I JUST HAD TO INCLUDE HER FOR THIS RACE.

Ezeliya (0.67)
    Dam- Eziyra (0.43)
    Grand Dam- Eytarna (0.52)
    Great grand dam- Ebaziya (0.25)

that's one of the lowest dosage lineage I have come across since I started doing the dosage for the DERBY/OAKS 23 years ago. I know some people will say does not mean a lot Myles, Elvis had a brother who couldn't sing a note however there are two things I find you need for the 1m4f race at Epsom,
    STAMINA AND BALANCE, below is the Racingpost analysis from her last race

A solidly run race and likely to be an influential one as the season goes on.

EZELIYA had not been seen since winning a Cork maiden the previous September and this reflected the progress made. The drying ground suited her, she benefitted from a patient ride and she stayed on really strongly up the hill. The extra couple of furlongs of the Oaks trip is likely to suit her well, and she looks a well balanced filly that could handle Epsom well should they go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭finbarrk

'At 40-1, she is probably the only filly in the Oaks whose price could crash'

By Maddy Playle, reporter

It's an interesting market because the more talented fillies appear to be heading elsewhere. Opera Singer is slated to make her seasonal reappearance in the Irish 1,000 Guineas, Tamfana is on track for the Prix de Diane and the trials – including the Musidora – haven't thrown up anything spectacular so far.

Perhaps Saturday's Fillies' Trial Stakes will have the answer. The impressive Newmarket winner Sea Just In Time would need to be supplemented for Epsom, so most interesting at this stage is Ejaabiyah.

The winner of her only start at Kempton over a mile in November, she has plenty of speed being out of the Golden Slipper winner Estijaab but is by last season's Oaks-winning sire in Frankel, and connections clearly think she will thrive over middle distances.

Roger Varian has already scooped one of this year's Classics with a lightly raced improver and Ejaabiyah could be another. At 40-1, she is probably the only filly in the Oaks whose price could crash.

Ejaabiyah16:30 EpsomView RacecardJky:Tnr: Roger Varian

Oaks ante-post betting market
    Betfred Oaks (4.30 Epsom, May 31)

Coral: 2 Ylang Ylang, 8 Rubies Are Red, 12 Ezeliya, Forest Fairy, Tamfana, You Got To Me, 16 Opera Singer, Siyola, 20 Danielle, Secret Satire, Treasure, 25 Classical Song, Content, Buttons, 33 bar

'Her ante-post price stands out as value'
    By Robbie Wilders, tipster

I’m most interested in Ezeliya for Dermot Weld, who knows exactly what it takes to win a British Classic.

The way she stayed on up the Navan hill when capturing the Salsabil Stakes on her return gives me every hope she will eat up an extra two furlongs at Epsom. That looked a strong running and she can only keep improving.

A beautifully bred daughter of Dubawi, Ezeliya’s dam finished third in the Irish Oaks a few years ago and she should be even better on faster ground. Her ante-post price stands out as value in the Oaks market, with Ylang Ylang the correct favourite but a beatable one.

'Her form has been franked and I'd expect her to run a big race at Epsom'
    By Jonny Pearson, handicapper

It doesn’t look like the strongest three-year-old fillies' division.

Rubies Are Red was an impressive finisher at Lingfield but I’m not convinced by that form, and the form of the Musidora looks to be a little thin on first impressions too. It appeared to turn into a sprint in the straight, favouring those ridden prominently.

I have been most impressed by the Dermot Weld-trained Ezeliya, who was very impressive when beating Purple Lily at Navan in April. Her previous win last season when beating Wendla has been franked a couple of times since and I’d expect her to run a big race at Epsom.

Silk
    Ezeliya
    16:30 Epsom
    View Racecard
    Jky:
    Tnr: D K Weld

• Advertisement
Advertisement