Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest Fest - Emo, Co. Laois - 2024

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Granite Head

Shuttlebus from carpark to campsite / venue (15-20 minutes). Short (<5 minutes) walk from venue to campsite, boutique camping a minute or two nearer again.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Shuttle bus was used for the overflow campervans and some camping last year. They underestimated how much space was required for the campervans. They closed the campervan field on Friday afternoon and diverted everyone to a field with no facilities. Bit of a balls but turned out to be a great festival...apart from the persistent rain!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Thanks for info.

So it must be the same campsite I was in (5mins walk away). Past a pub on the corner if I remember rightly??

Think we'd manage with a shuttle bus to and from car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭rockterrain

Ibiza dance stage line-up was due this week according to social media I believe. Nothing yet though. Perhaps tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

"Ibiza Dance Stage?"

Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

According to Billy Duffy's instagram the cult are playing this festival.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,238 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Nice, starting to develop a bit of fomo on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

It's up on The Cult website too. It's part of their 40th anniversary tour.

That changes things somewhat. Hmmm.

• Advertisement

Nice. I thought the missing band was Travis based on earlier rumours. Would take The Cult instead definitely. Looking forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The Cult are freaking killer live. Fantastic addition.

Shaping up nicely!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just filled in a volunteer application for this one, so may see ya's there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Added a rake of new acts including Ash, Lisa Hannigan, undertones, stunning, Mundy, something happens, Cathy Davey etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Scratch put up they won't be at the festival as they never agreed to play it but the festival implied they pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

My wife surprised me with tickets to this.

It should be a good weekend if the weather plays ball, and i'm looking forward to the wedding present and the cult. Hopefully they have more to add.

Rough figures

25% of the top tier played last year

30% of the mid tier

75% of the bottom tier

Ibiza Rewind⏪ LineUp

Hey Forest Fest Family, 🌳🎶

📢 We're Honoured to announce an Incredible Line up of DJs for the Ibiza Rewind "Bora Bora Music" Tent 🤩

This promises to be a Proper 90's Ibiza Weekender with many DJs Playing their first-ever gigs in Ireland 🙌

The Legendary Mr.C  of The Shamen is our Main Headliner🔥

No track Sums up the 90s Rave Spirit like "Ebeneezer Goode"  and his SuperFreq parties at DC10 have made him an intrinsic part of the Ibiza club scene 🏝️🪩

Mr C is dance music Royalty and we are very honoured to have him part of the Forest Fest family💖

Gee Moore  aka DJ Gee is the Creator and owner of the world-famous Bora Bora Music Club concept and record labels 😍

His highly anticipated return to Ireland after a 20-year sojourn in Brazil promises to be an emotional moment as he looks to revive the original essence of Bora Bora with a special Vinyl set at Forest Fest this July 🎶🙌

DJ Rocky of X-Press 2, is most well known for his Hit "Lazy" -He has worked as a Remixer/Producer under many guises such as Problem Kids & Ballistic Brothers. 😍

Rocky has been playing regularly in Ibiza since 1990 including residencies at KU, Space, Pacha and Manumissionto name a few ❤️‍🔥

Terry Farley had a huge role in the acid House Movement in London😃As the owner of Junior Boy's Own record Label, he signed many electronic artists including the Chemical Brothers and Underworld. As a DJ he has played DC10, Space, Pacha & KU. Terry also has Irish roots and it will be a spiritual homecoming for Terry when he plays Forest Fest this summer🍻

🎶❤️ DJ Pippi is recognised for creating the "Balearic Beats" Music genre that originated on the island in the mid-1980s.  In 1995 he penned the summer dance anthem "I Luv You Baby"💃Today, Pippi entertains audiences at Glitterbox in the world's no 1 club, Hi🪩It is a privilege to have one of the founding fathers of the Balearic scene perform in Ireland for the very first time at Forest Fest🌳🎶

Dance Fans in Ireland will certainly recognise DJ Jurgen's track  "Better Off Alone" with Alice DJ - This was one of the biggest Dance hits of the 90s🕺💃 Jurgen's DJ sets at the famous Space afterparties established him as one of Ibiza most sought-after DJ's 🔥

Jon Sa Trinxa pioneered the Ibiza Beach Club vibe at the Hippy hangout Sa Trinxa on Salinas Beach🏖️🍹Jon's eclectic mix of ambient, funk, reggae and house grooves established Sa Trinxa as a symbol of musical freedom✌️We are honoured to invite Jon to play his first Irish gig at Forest Fest this summer😎

For a trip down memory lane - How about some Acid House Cabaret? - with Kirk Field's Rave New World🌀 A unique one-man show from the UK’s premier rave raconteur 😃

All curated by Ibiza connoisseur and DJ Dannykayibiza👏

Each DJ will take you on a 3-hour journey through the iconic sounds of Ibiza🎶

From 1 pm "La Playa" :

Chill out to the Ibiza beach club vibe with beach house, funk, soul, and disco - with seating, tables and podiums to reflect the whole Ibiza vibe 🏖️🍹🪩

Picking up the tempo from 6 pm, our "La Tarde session" will reflect the famous Ibiza Sunset Playlists as people get ready for the night with Classic House and 80’s music🌅

Finally "La Noche"- Dance into the night with our headline artists, delivering all the 90s Summer Anthems from house to Trance & Techno, accompanied by live MCs and pumping beats until the early hours. 🕺💃🪩

Those are VERY rough figures. By my reckoning, 0% of the top tier played last year.

• Advertisement

This is the top tier. Out of 20 acts, 5 of these played last year.

This is the middle tier

This is the bottom tier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Thundercats takes round one.

Please God no. I had to step away from the EP thread with all the bickering.

Forest Fest rivaling EP DJ announcement Calvin Harris with Mr C! Close call that one!

Mr C is an amazing DJ, have had the pleasure many times over the years. It'll be proper underground stuff, not The Best of The Shamen. Terry Farley and Rocky also two top quality house DJs/Producers. This could be amazing if you like that kind of thing.

Yes was actually taking more of a dig at the EP announcement :) Am genuinely pretty excited by this. Forest Fest was amazing last year. My one concern is stage proximity and I hope with the dance additions they don't infiltrate the other stages. There's a lot of cool forest areas in the surrounding areas of the arena. I wonder what scope there is to branch out a bit (pardon the pun). Could really help build the festival vibe. On the quality of acts I think they've pulled it out of the bag once again.

Yeah I was at it last year, weather aside it was grand. I'm not sure they have the permission to extend outside the GAA grounds though.

That's fair. I have a different view of what 'top tier' is, but okay.

• Advertisement

Yeah if they could actually get onto the grounds of emo court it would be amazing. However emo court is opw owned so I'm not sure who makes the call on that one.

Advertisement