Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest Fest - Emo, Co. Laois - 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Pretty sure they were announced on this thread a few weeks as the temporary website had then up

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Yeah I got a refund, I was pretty firm in my communication with them though and made it clear there would be small claims action if it wasn't resolved.

Given they were so badly organised outside of the festival last year I am not surprised to see that they are looking a bit shambolic this year, the announcement this week is now pushed to February so I think most people will not be tempted by the early bird "discount".

Can't believe artists have still not been paid for last year, that is a real tell tale sign that things are not good, word travels fast and bands will refuse to play without upfront cash. I know they wanted to expand it again this year, last year was 10k the previous was 5k. To me last year felt like they jumped too quickly, not in the festival site itself which was to be fair as well managed as it could be in the conditions, but campervan was a fiasco, and the fact that they were still selling camping and caravan tickets on Saturday when there was no space really boiled my pi$$. Also they lied about when it all had to be streamlined for safety reasons because we were turned away before they claimed their safety officer told them it was unsafe to allow anyone else in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Just got an email this morning still offereing the discount. I thought that was initially a 24/48 hour offer to begin with?? Guess tickets aren't running out the door.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,003 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Theyve been trying to push ticket sales quite a lot this week. ive gotten two separate emails.

they are doing a "flexi" day ticket, with a loyalty discount (code Loyalty15) where you can choose which day to use the ticket in, Im not sure how that will work in practise as most people will probably choose the saturday so how do they predict crowd capacity for the day?

if it turns out that the flexi tickets become "1st come 1st served" with a limit for the saturday, it will just become another headache

theres nothing so far that would attract me back in the headliner announced. Dexys have a couple of big hits and id have zero interest in kevin rowlands solo stuff. Ive see Travis back in the day, cant recall exactly what festival, possibly oxygen? and seen human league at EP back in 2005 (they do a great set!! loads of hits)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,003 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

todays email is about the 'daily' loyalty, not the weekend 'loyalty'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭blowitupref

The latest email from them

"While we were eagerly gearing up to unveil the much-anticipated lineup on December 22nd, We've had to extend the excitement a bit further. The Lineup Reveal is now scheduled for February 1st, 2024.

Why the delay, you ask? Well, here's the scoop - we've got over 15 international acts in the mix, and we're meticulously fine-tuning the details as we speak. The Forest Fest team is working tirelessly to ensure every detail aligns perfectly for a weekend filled with summer vibes, good times, and mind-blowing tunes. We appreciate your patience as we fine-tune the magic that awaits you on the weekend of July 19th, 2024."

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rockterrain

Am intrigued by the 'Ibiza Summer Dance vibes with international dj's'. Could be a winning move. That was one thing last year it sort of abruptly ended when the bands stopped. Some 90s dance tunes could go down nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

From eventbrite

• Lineup Teasers - Unveiling the Acts on February 1st 🌑🎭
    • As we gear up for the big reveal on February 1st, here are some cheeky hints to tickle your funny bone:

• 🔍Synth Vibes: Get ready for an electronic groove that might just bring out some extraordinary human beings  to the stage! 😉🤖
    • 🔍Splash of Color: Dive into a palette inspired by the ocean; our festival might just get a splash of vibrancy! 🌊🎨
    • 🔍Musical Panorama: Imagine a soundscape that you can see – it's a view worth catching! 🏞️🎶
    • 🔍Stereo Grooves: Brace yourself for a harmony of beats that dance in stereo; these maestros promise a journey beyond the usual. 🎧💃
    • 🔍Midnight Run Fun: Join the after-dark adventure filled with soulful rhythms, and don't forget to lace up your shoes for the midnight run! 🌙🏃

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Human League and Ocean Colour Scene so?

Would have liked to have seen Human League at EP or ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Groove armada ? For number 3

What's the sound scape one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Looks like -

Human League

Ocean Colour Scene

?

Stereo MCs

Dexys Midnight Runners

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Line-up tomorrow. Looks like some overlap with North West Deva festival in UK.https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-human-league-ocean-colour-scene-the-coral-to-headline-north-west-deva-festival-2024-3570273

Could The Coral be the other clue? If Robert Fripp also makes it that will make it a potentially serious line-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• 3. 🔍Musical Panorama: Imagine a soundscape that you can see – it's a view worth catching! 🏞️🎶

I think the rest are pretty straightforward and sussed already. LCD Soundsystem are touring and doing festivals in August.... It'd be some pull by the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Fanirish

You must be dreaming, lcd are not playing a 7500 cap festival here when they have a 20,000 cap headline show of their own in malahide in June.

Oops didn't realise they were doing Malahide.... Dreaming indeed :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Confirmed this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The wedding present jump right out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Capacity was 10k last year, up from 5k the previous, anyone know what the capacity is for this year?

Didn't even feel like 10K last year, it was very intimate. Biggest crowd I remember was for BellX1 when it seemed to go right to the back. But no hassle getting to the front if you were that way inclined. Very relaxed crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

is there any breakdown on which nights each of the bands play?

Or do you just speculate and use the interchangable function later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Won't he announced until closer to the actual date. June at earliest

Just bought a ticket. Early bird offer ends after this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Coz

By any chance did anyone on here play at it last year and if so what were the artists camping facilities like (if any)

Divine Comedy to headline the Friday night. Confirmed on the official Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Tony Hadley (Spandau ballet) plays Sunday in support to human league

Edit: think this may have already been announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Went to this 2 years ago and it was a short stroll from campsite to arena.

Am tempted this year as

1. The dates suit
    2. The Wedding Present are brilliant live

but I heard there were shuttle buses last year. Was the nearby camping area not used last year or was it premium camping or something?

What about car parking? Can you get parked near to the camping area. 2 Years ago we got parked 2 minutes walk away from the tent.

Advertisement