Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Lights [BBC]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

I thought it was very good. Well worth a watch. I binged the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I believe Series 2 release is imminent, saw a promo on BBC advising to catch up on Series 1 before 2 is released. They have also renewed for 2 more series.

M

Series 2 starts Monday 15 April at 9pm on BBC1…

• Registered Users Posts: 31,973 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Looking forward to this tonight!

It's already on iPlayer.

M

Not had time to check the iPlayer, are they releasing the entire series or just mirroring the live episodes? I think the entire series went out for Series 1 after first episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Loyalists this time. Presumably series 3 has Alliance party criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭drury..

Full season is on iplayer

Solid episode 1 of season 2 I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Could have done with "previously on Blue Lights", I spent so much time trying to remember who was who.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

M

Finished S2, thought it was a good improvement over S1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭waywill1966

Without revealing spoilers,is Derek Thompson aka Charlie Fairhead in it? I am recording the series off freesat and will watch it all then!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've only seen the first two episodes, but he only made a very brief appearance. So far.

Watched episode 2 of the new season, really enjoyed it, moved things along. Kind of liking watching it weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I imagined that the 2nd series wouldn't be as good as the 1st given that Richard Dormer wasn't in it, but I think it turned out to be better.

I didn't realise that Desmond Eastwood who plays the part of DS Murray Canning is the brother of Colum Eastwood the SDLP leader. That kind of thing seems to happen down here as well with people like Killian Scott being Eoghan Murphy's brother. Politicians are probably good actors as well. 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 33,108 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some of the acting is a little bit ropey, but overall a watchable show.

Everyone seems to get off with their work colleagues in the PSNI.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭squonk

I finished it last week. I thought Season 1 stood up better. I hadn’t rewatched S1 but I wasn’t sure who DrugMammy was. The woman the two estate leaders were getting their split from and contract on the ground the the “Dublin fellas”.

Seemed more like a general fallout season after S1 and I wasn’t convinced with the ending as a vacuum wouldn’t have existed for king so the estate probably wouldn’t have all been so happy.

And, yes, part of the duties of a PSNI officer appear to be available to get off with and ride your fellow officers 😀

Advertisement