Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popular things you aren't fond of

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Expensive Doughnut, they just a bit of dough with icing/piece of chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Food trucks, average food trying to be trendy.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Seneca the Stoic

Rugby.

Social media.

Ed Sheeran.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Video gaming

Friends tv show

Today's shite music

Cocaine

Woke mother fuckers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Twitter, just don’t get the popularity of that site/app. Was encouraged to join it by an ex about 7 years ago…..did so, I think I tweeted or retweeted about twice to enter competitions and that was the end of it…. Never even a cursory look…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 caldar

Food reviewers on instagram, are these people qualified in any part of the food industry?

Yet their reviews could do some real damage someone's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Some of you all are absolute dry shites, to be fair.

I mean, like, zero craic

Post edited by Norrie Rugger Head on

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

He probly means rock music is dying. For some people that's the only kind of music. Hard for others to understand but I agree it's dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Just because something isn't mainstream doesn't mean that it's dying. There's loads of great rock music out there. People are just too lazy to look and then assume that there's nothing good out there. Their loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bob Marley Park

Reality TV and the 'celebrities' it spawns are responsible for such shite it's unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,808 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Christmas. And every Hallmark holiday.

Putting mayonnaise in every. Fcukin. thing.

Fizzy drinks.

Irish country music.

Small dogs, esp white fluffy yokes everyone seems to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Chess

When I was growing up rock was mainstream. I mean it is dead in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭monseiur

The media, RTE to be specific, and their almost canonisation of their ex. colleague that chancer Charlie Bird. Some day the whole truth about that golden inner circle in RTE - Tubs, Bird, Forbes etc. will come out and certain halos will be extinguished very quickly, some may already be flickering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I just look at my football clubs twitter, that is it.

I came across some local guy on it lately, the guy wants to get into politics, he seems to post on twitter 10 to 20 times a day, who the fcuk does he think want to see his opinion on everything? its like he posts every thought that comes into his head. he is in his 40s, its like something a teenager would be at, then look back on it years later and cringe at what they wrote.

Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Coffee

Strawberries

GAA

Father Ted

Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Get Real

And the popular thing I'm not fond of is disliking Ryanair.

Seems to be so popular to bash them and I genuinely don't get it.

For the vast majority, EU flights are all the same these days, it's a means of transport from A to B, similar to a bus.

The amount of times I've been at a boarding gate and overhear "Ryanair-x,y,z" and can feel the persons eyes rolling, and yet...there they are, boarding the Ryanair flight with me.

Something made them choose to travel on the same flight as me, with Ryanair, yet they're talking about them in a condescending manner.

Now, if you've boycotted Ryanair altogether yourself, fair enough, you've principles.

I myself, if there's twenty quid in the difference, will choose another airline. But Ryanair can be clearly the obvious choice, most of the time.

Regardless of destination in Europe, you go online, click a price, and get a seat in a piece of metal that flies. It's a fairly homogeneous product. Some arrive to destination on time, some are delayed, some staff are lovely, some are rude. I can't differentiate one from the other.

The rest is purely mindset/psychological perception of branding imo. But really it's like having some weird Dunnes Irish Mineral Water VS SuperValu Irish Mineral water loyalty.

• Advertisement

I just had to buy a flight with them.

Absolutely horrid website and process, and they are the reason for such terrible customer service from all modern carriers. I would have gladly paid an extra 100 if there were options but it's a conference location

I mean if that's alright with you, like

Post edited by Norrie Rugger Head on

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

The government OPPOSITION

True, both referendums were defeated.

But hovt opposition are still FULL OF SH|TE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Suckler

They regularly promote themselves to "Nutritionists". They start off with the usual inane profile - House build/Renovation - Babies - 'What I eat as a busy mum' - Nutritionist/Health & Fitness - Hawking supplements - hawking skincare.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bob Marley Park

Social Media ads, more recently, using very bad AI videos of celebs telling you how to get rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I agree. I haven't had any issues with Ryanair myself, although they do seem to be constantly in the news for the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 39,641 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Don't get me started, you can't move without chess been thrown in your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

St.Patrick's Day paddywhackery, shops littered with appalling crap, senseless junkets around the world by our politicians, stupid parades, anti social behaviour etc.etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Social media.

People my age (mid 40s) on Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat. Don't get it.

Taylor Swift...nothing against her. Good luck to her. But just don't get the appeal.

Beards.

Reality TV.

Avocados.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 MickMacca7757

Rugby

Advertisement