Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popular things you aren't fond of

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Funderland , never saw the point of it , particularly in the depths of Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ottolwinner

I just paused the cycling on tv to read this post 🚴

• Registered Users Posts: 15,749 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Tartare sauce always served with fish. Get that white vomit in a bowl away from me.

Seafood in Ireland. Deep fried fish and chips being the ONLY option in most restaurants in a country surrounded by water, even ones on the coast. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Basically most forms of modern so-called 'entertainment' .... i.e. modern music, smutty comedy, any reality show esp Big Brudder and Luv Island, 'talent' competitions, etc ...

Stupid breakfast radio shows .... especially that Doireann Garrihy one ....

Ryan Tubridy ...

Donald Trump and other warmongers ... I cannot see the appeal plus Trump was involved in reality TV too which is almost as big a crime as his desired Iran war ....

Dungkeys in pubs ...

'Prolife' fanatics and babers pushing their agenda in your face ... while supporting wars on Iraq, Iran, et al ...

Loud silly ads/commercials ...

Overhyped football matches that end nil nil and do not live up to expectation ....

The anti mask brigade and the anti vaxxers .... and Covidiots in general ....

ISIS ...

Fifty Shades of [smutty] Grey ...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tic Tok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Reality tv , especially celebrity ones .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Marvel Movies

Tatoos

Coldplay

Most Rap Music

Heineken

Religion of any type

Crime journalism and podcasts

Tea

Anti Immigration people/protests

"Friends" TV Show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Procedural dramas, cop on the edge, suffering in their personal life, duty vs corruption. Blady blah blah, trope after stupid trope.

Most of netflix, there's a certain quality to a lot of their production that you can tell if it's going to be trash. Like they bought the sets from Alibaba.

A lot of women now using "ick" as a synonym for unattractive. You're 30, talk like an adult, and you should be beyond flavour-of-the-month words trying to keep up with a superficial trend. You are older, you should see these things for what they are, fickle and juvenile.

People fawning over Irish celebrities. Just shut up, please. They are just people who are known for doing something very good (most of the time) why would I care past their movies/music/books/tv show what they do. It is cringe to follow every detail of someone's life and frankly, just weird. You have your own life, get obsessed with that instead.

Fancy coffee places with blaring music and the staff calling me "bro". Man shut up and just get my coffee, with your terrible lofi beats playlist and relaxed vIbEz. What do you think that's going to do, justify that fckn 8.50 sandwich you're selling? Then the memorabilia, what a deluding thing to think that I might one day have the best Americano of my life and buy a €25 beanie because I want to remember such a show stopper. Just relax. You serve coffee, keep it simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Think a lovely prepared steak drenched in ketchup

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MickMacca7757

So you find soccer, golf and tennis(I have no interest in) mind numbingly boring but you can watch cycling for hours on end. Its no wonder your wife is annoyed. I think you need help 😂

• Advertisement

Football(soccer) is the greatest sport in the world. Give it to me over rugby everyday of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭65535

Eating Animals of any kind

Breastfeeding from Animals or eating/drinking any animal secretions.

Being told the lie that eating animals or drinking their breastmilk is required for human life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hash browns

Mushrooms

The dubs

Shamrock Rovers fans

I love a good steak or a fry up to help the hangover on a Sunday morning 😁.

Prepare yourself for the onslaught of Dubs 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Pubs being open on Good Friday. Heading down to the off licence on the Thursday to buy a slab of cans for a party on the Friday evening really was great. Absolute chaos down there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Social media reels telling you how to do everything.

Constantly trying to be more productive.

People who waste their lives to "climb the ladder". (For material things)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Suckler

People who waste their lives to "climb the ladder". (For material things)

This coupled with social media - what's your "Side Hustle" ..why haven't you got six "side hustles". So many middle age grifters acting like hawking make-up/ skin creams/ nutrition tips is going to make them the next Alan Sugar.

The latest I've noticed is "travel councillor" as their side hustle. (god I hate that phrase).

The same c0nts advising you to select your friends purely from what you can materially gain from them.

Post edited by Suckler on

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭65535

Let me guess - you'll also say 'I'm against animal cruelty' !

• Advertisement

Is being a "holier than thou" type popular?

Seems to be a lot of it going around. Not fond of it.

Tribalism. The GAA jersey kind that's endemic here. Villages hating other villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I dislike the M50. It's far too popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pricks “living their best lives” and being the “best versions of themselves.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Maybe it's bad timing but easter eggs? I like the odd bit of chocolate but these massive eggs I don't get it. Way overdone if you ask me.

I'll be back to the thread in December lads😀

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Marks & Spencer food in general.

It's okay but people rave about it.

Personally I find quality to much better in take-aways/café/bakerys/etc

Price is often cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

Mags Roche

Catholicism

St Patrick's Day - as now celebrated

Miggledy D

The Healy-Rays