Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popular things you aren't fond of

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

😄😄👌

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Youre spot on, always guaranteed quality in M and S

Sometimes it's as cheap or cheaper than high street equivalent

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bawling out Wolfe Tones songs in public/online.

The gen Z version of toddlers using swear words they don't understand just to get a reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Photobox

Meringue. I get the idea it's popular as it seems to be on every friggin menu. It's like solidified candyfloss.

The new thing of calling St Patrick's day, Paddy's day slways makes me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Move abroad to certain countries, say NZ, and its definitely a thing you notice. Bacon, sausages and crisps in particular over here are woeful in comparison

• Advertisement

I have lived abroad and did not die of starvation.

There's a subset of Irish who can't live without the overpowering fake cheese and onion stench of Tayto in a sad packet with more air than crisp. The supermarket own brands and niche irish brands have a far better crisp than Tayto who are simply trading on the name now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Shhh we will be linched with it been Easter weekend. I get Ferro Rocher instead of a Easter Egg every year, yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

I don't drink Tea or Coffee, I've been asked numerous times if I'm sure I'm Irish 🤣.

Eggs, can't stand then in any format whatsoever, vile things.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Not a new thing at all, it was always Paddy's Day in the 70s and 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

At least Tayto Cheese & Onion, and Salt & Vinegar don't use the nonsense language of other brands in their names. Mature Irish Cheddar & Red Onion. Atlantic Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar. And other such waffle. All hand cooked of course. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if the fancy brands and Tayto have the same owners. Ingredients of Tayto and two of the fancy brands Cheese & Onion.

Potatoes, Vegetable Oils: Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil, Cheese and Onion Flavour (Onion Powder, Yeast Powder, Cheese Powder (Milk), Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate; Wheat Flour (Wheat, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Salt).

Potatoes, Vegetable Oils: Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil, Cheese and Onion Flavour (Onion Powder, Yeast Powder, Cheese Powder (Milk), Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate; Wheat Flour (Wheat, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Salt).

Potatoes, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Mature Cheese & Red Onion Flavour (Onion Powder, Sugar, Cheese Powder (Milk), Salt, Yeast Powder, Butter Milk Powder, Yeast Extract, Natural Flavourings, Irish Cheddar Cheese Powder (Milk), Colour (Paprika, Extract).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Photobox

Maybe where you grew up, never heard it as Paddy's day in regular conversation only in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Super Value

Extortionately expensive for an average shopping experience, at least you do get a high end experience in M + S

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭thereiver

Any metal piercings , nose rings ,any tattoos on arms or neck . I had to turn off celebrity Googlebox too many men wearing shorts .hurling gaa , any show on tv that involves detectives and a murder suspect .any tv show where people only speak Irish .coke any cola drink too much sugar caffeine .

Reality tv unless it's a dating show . Tesla , electric cars , those cars are big and heavy are they really better than a small petrol car if you want to save the planet cycle or use bus luas

AI it uses an incredible amount of power and water to process all the data and it's going to replace some jobs programers artists in the future

The world got along fine without AI

The f word some people use it too much

Thats a ffing good tv show if you use it everyday it becomes meaningless

heavy metal music

Anthomorphising animals.

Calling young animals "babies", no Karen, they're pups, kittens, calves, etc. not babies. And no, they're not part of your family, you didn't give birth to them.

Letting dogs have the run of the house, sitting and sleeping on people's beds. Cats and dogs allowed on tables and worktops where food is prepared. Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Agreed...theres something particularly sad about childless couples going around referring to their pets as their babies and referring to themselves as "dog/cat parents"....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

I agree. I grew up in Dublin and it was always known as St. Patrick's Day until around the late 2000s when Paddy's day became more common.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Drinking in pubs every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭FrankN1

People who have more than 2 children. I guess they don't want to have any life themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Archeron

Panda bears. Stupid smug black and white tossers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Marty Morrissey

Tats

Piercings

Neo liberals

Arrogant/smug people. (Particularly those with cork accidents)

electric cars

fundamentalist Green Party members

Use of them/they etc pronouns in the ‘singular’…….wtf

Probably not a lot of working couples have more than two. Unless you're on benefits, kids are an expensive lifestyle choice now.

Probably not a lot of working couples have more than two. Unless you're on benefits, kids are an expensive lifestyle choice now.

Phone-in ragebait radio shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ladies Football, seems to be everywhere but it's on a par with an under 16s boys game quality wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭amacca

GAA ... its undeniably popular, Im sick of it tbh, Ill watch an all ireland final maybe and possibly enjoy it or a hurling semi-final and final or two but **** me it seems to be onall the time and talked about all the time ..meh

In the same vein soccer, ie premiership...talk about over **** exposure....I still enjoy an international tournament or the closing stages of something like chsmpions league (maybe quarter finals on) but by god listening to people use the term we when referring to the businesses and the playthings of the rich amuses me

F1 the more popular its gotten in recent times the less I give a ****....I almost feel the outcomes are almost fully predictable now....it used to feel (whether correctly or not) that it was much more down to the drivers and there was more genuine rivalry and excitement than simulation

Diet or zero soft drinks.....popular but taste awful to me...anything that has asparatame, stevia etc etc....

Dickhead social media bolox....thats a broad brushstroke but you know what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Coronas, Picture This, Gavin James.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Dogs bred and distorted into weird shapes purely for human amusement; Bulldogs and pugs mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,012 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I don't think that having more than two children is that popular.

Actually I'd think it's in the minority these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am pleased that "The Dubs" aren't first (considering the poster's username). That is a sign of improvement in my eyes! 😆

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement