Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭antfin

Anywhere near the M1 interchange, or indeed anywhere outside the M50 except the Red Cow area would be a nightmare for public transport when dropping a car off or collecting. At least at the moment the Luas is right beside the SC.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

+1

And stock second hand cars for sale. Create a proper dealership to allow trade in etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Agreed, I’m north side too, Sandyford isn’t the most convenient place for me either but I’d just be happy to get it looked at, at least I’ve finally a meaningful reply today so fingers crossed I’ll get it booked in and sorted soon.

funny it took so long to get to this point and less than 30minutes to complete the investigation 🤣

“I have completed my investigation,

I found that one of your Autopilot processors is experiencing booting failures, this in return will disable autopilot features

Further on site diagnosis will be required in our workshop to try recover the car computer

I am going to allocate a new car computer so we can have it on hand for your appointment if we are unable to recover the

processor

Also your screen dimming

concern may be linked to this also so we will test after this repair has been carried out

I will get this appointment prepared for you in a moment“

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bovakinn

I was having similar issues (Also a 2022 RWD) I was told it was a known bug in the software, and that 2024.2.8 was released to fix it.

Touch wood since the update I haven't had a single issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Fingers crossed, I’m booked in for the earliest available appointment which is the 25th, they won’t provide a loaner because according to them it’ll take less than 4 hours to carry out the repair so at least that sounds promising.

• Advertisement

If you need to work they will give you a small private office. Or bring the laptop as there’s WiFi on site. And tea, coffee, biscuits etc!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That office is gone... it's been replaced with the desk placed in the corner/hallway between the waiting area and the workshop door entrance, so it is anything but private. It's kind of like another room, but there is no door to the waiting area, and the techs are constantly coming and going through the workshop door.

Also, on the 2 occasions I was out there a few months ago, there was no soap in the gents toilets... so bring some sanitiser gel or soap with you's....

I was in it 2 weeks ago. It’s in the corner of the service waiting area. Glass door on it too.

Unless it was taken since then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Sounds like they really are becoming like any other main dealers 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ah, the glass door wasn't there when I was there... but there's still a door to the service area no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭sk8board

Tesla haven’t shown any real interest in their own second hand cars in California, so they’re never going to do it here. They genuinely don’t want them back. New sales only.

you’d have to think that eventually they’ll have to, just cause what’s happening right now in Ireland - Tesla drivers with 2-4yo cars flipping into a new one and trying to sell privately, which they may not have had to do before.

early adopter Tesla drivers might be ok with that, but the mass market buyer just wants a garage to take the old car and driver away the new one.

it’s a MASSIVE selling point for the likes of VW, if all you want is ‘a car’ and no hassle getting out of it at resale time.

Yes. That’s a separate door from the waiting room to the service area. There’s a room off the waiting area now.

Agree.

It’s the same for the indicator stalks. They may be no big deal for young or adaptive generations but for the mass market, they should have been retained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Definitely needed. Sandyford too small and is just in an awkward spot. The M1/M50 area would be ideal.

The bottom area has a roundabout connecting the R139 to the M1/M50 and the southern exit is blocked off land with very little on several acres.

The smaller field above is accessible via a road between the clayton hotel and clonshaugh garage.

The larger area to the NE of the Airport is another possibly excellent location with access off the Swords Road and the M1....also very conveniently located beside the airport for a large supercharger installation. The coachmans inn and national show centre are located right there, with good access all round.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Luna84

It's all well and good us picking out spots on a map but you do know land in those areas cost a lot. I know they a re a massive multi national company but they do care about money as well. If anything I think they should build a site out in Kildare or Meath to better serve people not from Dublin. Cheaper land out there too.

It's not just picking a convenient field in Dublin on the map. It might seem like a good idea to pick somewhere like Ashbourne, or Sallins, but while more central then the M1/M50 interchange, they are not nearly as strategically located and would see less traffic. The M1/M50 interchange is a very busy gateway connecting Dublin to NI. It's also right beside Dublin Airport.

Every main route around the country leads to the M50. If Circle K can afford to build a large service station right there, I'm sure Tesla (being the 15th largest company by market cap of over $600B) could muster up the cash to have a similar sized site in such a strategic location. Having a large bank of superchargers there at the very least would make absolute sense. I'm amazed they don't have any there. There is a single ESB fast charger at the M1/M50 and another at the Airport which is always busy, or ICED.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭3d4life

Would the Sandyford site not just be a time limited rental ?

Its nowhere like big enough for what is needed now

I'd say they need min of two service centres for Dubland.

( Doubtless they will get on quite all right without flogging non Tesla stuff )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭eagerv

Sandyford is not fit for purpose any more. Dropped in there at about 12 midday today, place completely blocked up. Wanted to see the new Highland, but a few viewing. Tried the coffee machine, couldn't get to work, perhaps was the operator.🙂

Nobody Supercharging, unusual; I didn't either. Had enough to get home, 304km total today using 73%of battery. All at speed limits, but plenty of 80 and 100km/h roads. Mild enough as well.

Stopped off in Ashdown Park Hotel, Gorey, on way home where there was an Experience Tesla open day. Got to drive the new RWD Highland Model 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jakeredwood

A question if you don't mind that someone might know the answer to:

A 222 Tesla 3, I recently had a puncture fixed, issue now is that tyre showing 0 pressure and of course warning light won’t go out.Tried doing various YouTube fixes but nothing worked, anyone experienced this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Jakeredwood

Ya thanks unfortunately that's what I am thinking now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭innrain

I got it replaced under warranty. Similar issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Is there any range difference between the Model 3 RWD and the newer Highland RWD?

We have a Dec. 2022 Model 3, which already has almost 40.000km on the clock. A new job has the family car doing even heavier mileage (a weekly 320km per direction all motorway commute, on top of the other weekend and holiday driving).

Leaving home fully charged, typically arrive with 8-15% battery depending on weather / traffic conditions. I realise this will decrease as the car ages. Would a Highland perform any better and give a little bit more margin? Not really willing to spend the extra on an LR.

We have an VW eUp as a second car (which we absolutely love) and now thinking of replacing it with something more substantial to give us flexibility. The question is whether it is another Model 3 or something else… but I can’t see what that something else might be.

The RWD Highland is supposed to achieve about 20kms more on the WLTP. What that translates into in real life is any ones guess. Slightly better aerodynamics plus new tyre type probably help a little.

I wouldn't be spending the extra to go to a M3H unless it was a LR model, as the extra range is tiny in the RWD. Not going for the LR means stopping for a top-up, which to be fair is something you really should be doing on such a long and regular commute.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭josip

320km motorway is more than likely less than 3 hours of driving. Why should they be stopping during that?

How long would a Tesla charge last if the car was parked up with 50% battery. Like would you come back a week later to a flat battery. Asking for a friend who will be going on holidays. It's a long range not sure if that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Will they be leaving Sentry turned on? That will have the biggest effect on the battery.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I have a 2022 LFP battery, it loses very little. I think less than 2% over a few weeks, I had Sentry off. Sentry will cease to operate anyway once the battery gets to 20%.

May use a little more if you keep waking up the car with the app.

• Advertisement

I'd say they will turn that off as to save juice. But with sentry off how much of a drop are we talking from roughly 50% left parked up for a week.

Advertisement