Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

Thanks. I'll take a look. I've used brick link for random pieces but not in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Anyone giving Lego bouquets for Valentines Day tomorrow might also be interested in these instructions for free download.

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/set/assets/blt6b25af39cbf50919/Flower_Vase_Building_Instructions.pdf

You’ll need a decent selection of your own blocks to build, but my OH just did one and it looks pretty cool. Sturdy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ok for the stupid people in the back row, can someone point me how it works.

Here's an image from a box containing the sprinter , scratch that it's the code for fitness instructor, but I can't see it matching any of the codes on the sheet.

What should I be looking at?

Post edited by Princess Calla on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

You need to scan with phone camera to read the dot matrix barcode. That's the Fitness Instructor.

• Advertisement

Sorry I made a mistake saying sprinter , I meant fitness instructor...so I presume the 248S3 is the individual code, but I can't see that on either of the "cheat sheets" that were uploaded earlier in the thread 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

It's the 6472861 code in my screenshot. It's only picked up scanning it. Don't think it's printed on the box anywhere.

Ah the penny has dropped.....I get it now. Thanks 😊

It's a bit of a pain but you will see the amount of fitness instructor ones etc. vampire knight v hard to find. I found 3 of them but I'm glad codes work as wouldn't be buying them otherwise. Cn be bit weird with QR code have seen some on boxes that aren't like the ones in the pics above, I found easons had them and somewhere else, like they were made in a different lego factory and codes didn't come up.

The fitness instructor code is the only one that came up with scanning, even on his phone that's a higher spec it wouldn't work.

I ordered 2 from Lego store online and the QR code on those are not great.

I picked up a few in Smyths today and the QR code looks more readable but only the fitness instructor is coming up.

I do think the little number under the QR code is an identifier though, as I went for different ones and I didn't get a duplicate yet.

So from my "research" 248S3 is fitness instructor.

748S3 is the train

241S3 and 342S3 are the goat herder and gamer champion....I don't know which is which though , sorry, boxes got opened before that penny dropped 😂.

I've 2 more to open , well the kids do, so will see what they are during the week.

However if anyone has a picture of the codes on box from the triceratops costume or the red and black knight or the mushroom will you put it up as they are what the kids have picked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

You can also use the Brick Search app which will scan the QR code and show an image of the actual fig contained within.

Any one else's lego account when they go into it that their current orders and even previous orders are blanked out grey and has status Uknown on them all? Just mine been like that since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Phewww thks, i was like did i get hacked. Thanks for checking.

Last few hrs for the bricklink designer programme wave. Castle sold out in 3 hrs i think, station i think in 1st or 2nd day and same I believe with burger shack. Western store is a very good buy I think for its price and there is a lot in it as well for that price. Not too far off selling out but I can't see it making it. Parisian street about half way, I say this will make lego take note and might not pick ones tht are like this going forward as hasn't sold crazy well. Still a chance to grab either 1 of you like. I preordered the western set and castle 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Nieces age 8 and 5 were visiting, so I pulled out about some small-medium sets and said they could have one each. Years ago, my brother had warned me "No princess stuff" for the 8 year old, so I was fortunate that it was the 5-year old went for the Rapunzel music box, while the other one went for a horse grooming set.

Few free things upcoming in lego store from tomorrow. Not sure about Easter egg hunt tho. If you build 1 and keep it or something.

For the Ninjago fans there's a micro model available using your insider points. Says it's the first of a 3 part series. Might be a nice display piece.

I'm holding off for a few more days to claim it as has to be claimed within 60 days but I want it to fall over May the 4th star wars event so would like to input the code then so if still available I will use my insider points for it come Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

MARIO DAY | Something is coming | LEGO Super Mario

Save the date of March 9 for an exciting LEGO Super Mario event! Mario Day is coming, and it seems like something more is on the way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Folks,

We've been given a promo code to get 10% off tickets to the Bricktionary exhibition.

PR Blurb -

"The exhibition is the brainchild of Ryan “Brickman” McNaught and will house over one million LEGO® bricks!! From life-sized animals to fashion and fantasy, some of the biggest and best LEGO® creations ever made will be featured in ‘Bricktionary: The Interactive LEGO® BRICK Exhibition’ which opens in Dublin’s Theatre of Light on March 10th."

Use code “BRICKCON10” to get 10% off tickets via the link below -

https://bookings.scopetickets.com/event/11664

T&Cs - Discount offer excludes Family Bundles. As per the terms & conditions, ticket purchases are not subject to the legal right of withdrawal. Once issued, tickets cannot be exchanged, modified, or refunded, except in the event that the show is cancelled.

Regards,

Dave

Dublin Brick Con

Made it to blanch for the free animal crossing set.

They had a brain wave of making you make the set before you could take it away.

I was childfree and I maybe 4'11" but yeah, no.....plus there was a good size queue outside.

I had a quiet word with a member of staff and got a couple of made up bags.

I headed to Penneys and by time I walked past again (10;25) queue had gone....so not sure if they gave up on the idea.

I wanted to buy minifigs but they had none. I went down to art and hobby shop and they have some promotion "Lego 5 stamps offer" not really sure what's it's about but I got 6 minifigs for price of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Celebrating MARIO DAY with LEGO Super Mario

There's a few different Mario sets and then the Mario Kart teaser at the end.

The Mario sets never done it for me, just didn't like the way the figures built. Would of preferred if normal minifigures.

Got the mother's day picture frames last wkend. Same deal was busy I prefer when they have them ready in bags. Funny in town on Wednesday lego store had the picture frames to build for free them so got the pieces for another 1. The build the minifigures are gone up to 8 euro from 7 to build 3 of them as well in store. Yeah art and hobby do that but as in front of the tills and I can't scan QR code in front of staff I won't buy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Oh that Batman Skyline.... just as I thought the Ornothopter was my last buy... For cryin' out loud, I still have to find a place for Rivendell

Yeah I had the codes from the boxes I have written down so I bought 6 boxes with different codes. I ended up with 3 duplicates of ones I already had, so that obviously doesn't work. The staff didn't seem too bothered about what I was at.

Scanning them at home not all of them would pick up on the scanner either.

I'm not overly pushed on the duplicates as with two kids it's sometimes easier.

I've a birthday party in swords during the week so might slip into Smyth's and try to get the remaining 3, I really just want the triceratops costume and I'll actually need 2 as both of them want it.

I was looking at the new mediaeval village, it's gorgeous....very tempting!!!

Speaking of Smyth's

Defo in smyths in swords I think there all up at the tills in that smyths but least you can check the codes there. Yeah I like the medieval village, I will buy it down the line but it should of came with a horse another person and 1 or 2 more animals for the price of it. Especially as you get 22 minifigures in the castle set. But hold off when good GWP if you do. I will have to get the eldorado fortress before it 1st as that retires this year.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah it's definitely a gwp and double points purchase.

The Eldorado set also looks fab....so many sets so little space and money

Advertisement