Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭HorseSea

Pretty sure the codes can not be used on anyone elses account, I know that Insider promo codes for items can't, assume it's the same for discount codes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Would be a shame if not. I've sent one to RGARDINR, so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

My half-assed attempt at a Lego village scene. Happy Christmas all! 🎄 🦌 🎁⛄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Aah that's cool !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

That's really cool especially when lights turned off in 2nd pic and Xmas lights really add to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Huge thumbs up for the Game of Bricks lights. Lit up my Home Alone set and they're magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Going by how frustrating the light kit for my Ecto-1 was I can only imagine how finnicky parts of the Home Alone house are, but the end result is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We bought the Holiday Main Street a few weeks ago but only started assembling it yesterday afternoon with the kids. The stickers were missing but I called into the Lego Store last night on the way to Christmas pints with friends and the staff were brilliant. The manager said she would see if there were any damaged boxes in the store room and came back a few minutes later with the stickers. Two very happy kids this morning.

I also decided to get some tracks when I was there so next step is to get a motor for the tram.

It really is a beautiful kit.

I did the Santa sleigh with the kids last night and today. I planned on starting Santa's visit but otherstuff got in the way and I don't think the kids were in the mood anyway.

I have a few sets I got thinking of the week off school, something to keep them busy other than the switch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Here is my winter scene for 2023. Built a mountain with a secret cave(light brick activated by pressing the snowman outside the cabin) built into it. Custom double winter Lodge set, winterized A-Frame Cabin set, a frozen lake and a winterized Tree house set. Loved building it, took a load of hours over the last couple months. Apologies for the poor quality photos, phone camera isn't great.

Happy Christmas! Hope you like it

• Advertisement

I done it there on an order and it worked. Thanks for the code again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Can anyone suggest where is best to buy display cases? Preferably in Ireland. It is mostly vehicles I have along the lines of the Back to the future DeLorean, Batmans tumbler etc. Decent sized cases required.

Thanks

I have the IKEA, Rudsta and detolf display cases. They work great for displaying Lego. I've bought additional glass shelves to put inside the too.

In other news, seems smyths have decided to just throw the new releases in the shelves. Got a few bits in carrickmines today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

They did that last year, too. Having worked in Smyths in the past, any new releases have large stickers on the box saying "Not to be sold before x date" or some such wording. It's only a day early I guess

You know the vouchers and gifts you can redeem with your insider points, they have an expiry date of 60 days..... well do Lego email you to remind you or is it up to you to remember?

I took screenshots of everything but there's always the fear that you miss one.

Was afraid of that ....need to sit down as I've a few from black friday weekend and 60days coming fast.

Not gone in the current gwp, but I think a dragon might be coming out around the 15th , that looks a better gwp but might be wrong there

Yeah the threshold is a bit high on the current GWP. I think there is meant to be a space GWP at end of month not sure what it is tho. Some monkie kid 5 year anniversary as well this mth but not sure if that is GWP, spend insider points or you need to buy monkie kid sets. The current GWP ends 16th January. If the dragon 1 comes out 17th they might over lap in lego store in town and Blanchardstown so could get the 2 of them then. I will hold off until then anyhow and chance it.

That sounds really tempting to hold off and try and get the two sets.

I was processing another order before Christmas, that had the bauble gwp and the small Christmas bag and the thingy I need to claim, however my credit card verification for online sales is acting up on certain stores , Lego being one of them, so I missed out.... raging.....I've changed passwords etc but still no joy......need to ring them....I let it slide in December as I'd everything in and was getting too trigger happy 😊😊 I still want that item though so will need to do a sale online soon.

Yeah I'm going to hold off and chance it then. I am hoping the monkie kid GWP is insider points as I will convert some and have 60 days to claim it. I will see then in lego store and try and see if both GWP are in store on 17th Jan and buy then. I will convert most of my insider points to 50 euro voucher then. I might go for viking village for 140 and then decide on something else to bring it to 190 if they are giving both GWP in store then. If not I will hold off until better GWP. That's a pain with your card. Definitely ring up to sort it out.

• Advertisement

I got this to weight the blind boxes of the lego minifigures. Works for most part. You just have to get the correct weight of the minifigures from YouTube but got most of ones we wanted. Worth investing in I think. Bit smaller then a mobile so not worse size. I just used it in smyths and lego store. Felt a bit weird using it but no point in getting tons of the same ones all the time that don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

According to this article, there is no need for the weighing scales in store. There is a scannable QR code on the bottom of the series 25 boxes that will show a code. This code relates to a specific figure so they should be a lot easier to identify.

I'll test it out tomorrow in Smyths and report back.

https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/it-looks-like-lego-minifigures-series-25-qr-codes-could-reliably-reveal-contents-inside/

Just tried it in Blanch and managed to get 11 out of 12 I think. Will update when I open them

Edit: All built, I was correct :( im missing one. But yeah, QR codes do work and they are the ones posted on this page.

Post edited by ktulu123 on

If it works these are the codes apparently for UK and Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Can confirm it works perfectly... Got 7 goat herders and 5 fright knights.

Class I will have to get the ones I want as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I bought three of those €5 off vouchers with insider points a few weeks back, but I think they're expiring soon. Does anyone know if you can use them in the store or is it only for online purchases? There's not really much catching my eye at the moment to put in a big order (waiting to see the Medieval Town Square), so I'd like to use them to get the peacock that came out a few days ago from the shop. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

Such a shame looking at all the Lego deals on Argos this time of year, oh well just think of the money saved.

• Advertisement

Advertisement