Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah I was buying a few small sets around the tenner mark , the gift was added when I hit 56.

Weird they didn't have them in store as they had the Christmas ones in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yeah strange 1 alright. Must of had spare ones left over in the lego warehouses and just getting rid of them to so that is why not advertised on website as they don't have tons of them either. Was nice to get something extra tht wasn't expecting anyhow. I'm going to lego store later I might pick up a 2 or 3 build a figure packs if they have the knights ones done there as had tons pre made in lego City centre store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Finally got my hands on the 1989 Batmobile and picked up the large Batwing on adverts, although I need some space to actually put them because I'm getting more and more that need to be built...

And one of my favourites

Large one has the light & sound kit too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Sweet mother of Jesus, that's some collection of kits to be built 🥰

I just done a pick a brick order as making son's lions night castle and small brick missing, was good now as when making the order I see on their site you can make the lion's knights and black falcon knights for cheap enough, say guts of 2 euro per figure not including shield etc. So head, body legs. Made 11 black falcon knights with helmets and weapons and 5 lion knights up. Order was 86 euro but ordered a ton of helmets and weapons and armor etc. The parts pack Insider came free as spent over 55 and year of dragon GWP as over 85. The parts pack is not been advertised on lego site which I think strange, just make sure you are registered for Insider to get the parts pack if spending 55 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Good or bad timing, releasing this just after Hamilton announced he is leaving Mercedes...

https://www.lego.com/en-za/product/mercedes-amg-f1-w14-e-performance-42171

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

They're also releasing an Ayrton Senna McLaren!!! 🥰

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Will be a day 1 purchase for sure.

Mercedes also looks good, but can't help thinking it would look a lot better in Ferrari livery

Anyone getting any of the lego bricklink sets in 4 days time? I might go for castle set and wildest 1. Saw review for castle set, looks huge height wise and looks lovely on outside. Inside tho is pretty bare and only 9 minifigures take away from the set, price pricey for it but I say will sell out within a day tho. Waiting to see review on wild west set still.

Seems to be GWP with about 200 spend from 17th Feb until end of February.

• Advertisement

The packaging on that looks very retro 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I love this gwp but I'm not looking to buy anything at the moment (still have unopened Eldorado Fortress and Viking Village). It's a shame the Medieval Town Square isn't out until March 1st because that's the only set I'm tempted to buy right now. First images of that are coming this week. I hope it's good 🙏

I say it will be cool looking and a great set and will go great with the lions castle set. There both 2 sets that you have that I want to get. I might spend the 200 and get the GWP and get the viking village for 140 and another set to get 200 spend. I have about 70 euro in Insider Points so least be only 130 then.

not blown away by any of them to be honest. The train station is probably the most appealing to me, but I'm keeping my money for "proper" Lego sets.

There's a review of the wild west set here:

https://jaysbrickblog.com/

Thanks for that I think I will grab the western store one for sure. I get what you mean about the lego thing not been 100% true lego. Still not 100% on the castle set but I might regret not getting it. Only thing is you can purchase the set and still cancel it, I think last time I got set in designer programme they pre authorised the money deducted but was refunded a few days later, think just to make sure your card is OK. But you can cancel the set still. So gives a while to save up the money for them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It’s when you see the reviews on YouTube you really see the benefit of the design process for the official sets. The Parisian Street, which looked decent in initial images, really looks quite basic and lacking in finesse in reality. The castle is just missing something, mainly in the interior detail. It just feels slightly off. It’s there I really appreciate how much thought goes into the initial formation of the plates and structure that derives from it. Train yard loooks great though.

Yeah I agree with regards the castle set its the interior that I would deduct a mark from it on plus it could of done with 2 or 3 more figures. I think you could add to the interior with weapons racks yourself but for price paying I think more should of been added in there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Bricklink designer programme sets up last hr. Castle set nearly sold out on pre orders so if thinking on it I would jump on it now. From what I remember lego take money from your account now but refund it within a day or 2 just to make sure card is good and only take money when item dispatched properly in July and you can cancel set before then anyway and won't be charged if you change your mind but castle set will be sold out in next hr I reckon. I preordered it and western set.

Yeah, it's sold out. I wasn't keen on it from the early photos (plus I can't afford it!) but looking at this review on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoJdOa3EwoY), I think it looks better than the Lion Knight's Castle. The interiors are lacking, but you can furnish that yourself; however, the exterior is stunning, and it looks a lot more impressive than the LKC, which I was disappointed with. The review has them side by side at the end. I even prefer the brick colour of the Mountain Fortress.

The Medieval Town Square images are out as well. I was a little disappointed with the front, but having the seen the rear/interiors, I'll definitely pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Have to be honest, the 1st round of Bricklink sets didn't take my eye at all.

Mountain Fortress looks too bland on the inside for me, particularly for an eye-watering €340.

Old Train Engine Shed is interesting but would look a bit lost on its own.

Parisian Street is nice but I think there are better modular sets in the proper range that I'd prefer for less than that price.

Other two I've no real interest in either.

For me, the Brick Cross Train Station and Ocean House that are coming due in June would be of more interest to me.

I will just put money aside for the sets when there out in July. I agree outside is a lot better then the inside of the set but like you say just add to it so will look way better then. The medieval square looks good now would of liked maybe a horse or another animal or 2 with it plus maybe 1 more knight.

The next wave is very good I thought that the lego train and bridge set go well with the western themed set in the current wave.

I like the pirate 1 as well but skull part could of been better, ocen house and mushroom house I really like as well.

Parts pieces came there. Was making the little lad's lion castle set and small piece missing. I was going to email customer service to get replacement part as only 10 cents on their site but I ended up just adding to it for knights weapons armor helmets etc. Plus saw you could make lion knights and black falcons so got 17 minifigures as well, plus few extra heads. Cost 86.59 for it but got the Chinese lunar calendar parts pack free plus year of dragon. But good way to get your knights, shields are pricey so didn't bother with them.

10c end up costing you 86 euro 😂 you shop like me 😂😂😅

How does that work, I tried to order white Lego before Christmas but credit card was having major issues (finally got fixed on Tuesday and yes there's a Lego delivery arriving tmw)

They weren't coming up on my order when I went to checkout......do you have to order individual bricks in a seperate order?

Hopefully you understand what I'm asking

Yeah should show up now in the order. Only thing is the that if you order sets as well there sent out separate to pieces and bestseller pieces sent from Poland other pieces sent from Denmark and take much longer. I had to get over certain amount to get free delivery as well seemed to be over 55 euro as well I thought more 60ish 70ish to get free delivery. Plus I think different delivery fee if not bestseller pieces. Mine all were so didn't get charged there. Ha well don't go on for 10 cents piece and you won't spend anything.

Ok perfect thanks.

That's quite the image. It's like the end of a particularly gruesome Lego battle scene 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

I'm hoping someone can help me. I used to pick up brickheadz sets here and there but only recently built them. I've got a few now and got a nice display cabinet for them. Does anyone know where I might pick up some of the older brickheadz at a decent price? They don't need to be sealed if that would help. I think they're the perfect Lego set as they're not too expensive and you don't need a lot of space for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭HorseSea

You could try Bricklink: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=S&catString=903 or

Brickowl: https://www.brickowl.com/search/catalog?query=brickheadz

If you have not used the sites before, read sellers terms and conditions and check shipping before ordering.

Advertisement