Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peoples Republic Of Cork forum

Options
  • 29-02-2024 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭

Am I alone in thinking its seems to have become a poorly moderated bastion of incels and creeps? The Langers Forum anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Left it years ago. There was a real smart arse attitude there that I didn't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

It was always like that. It seems to be dominated by bigots these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭PreCocious

Boards has gone that way as well. The current affairs / political fora are full of culture war stuff and the old community atmosphere is almost extinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Was absolutely fantastic around 2002 to 2007. **** me but there were some ridiculous piss ups and life time friends made

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

From the opposite direction, Reddit's Cork forum is mixture of a distilled progressive dogmas and the Nihilist mindset of posters that don't take anything seriously. At least Boards has still a measure of balance compared to both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I used to post there and there's some great posters on the sports forum. A handful of trolls though dragged the site into the gutter.

The admins refuse to do anything about some of the trolls there. It's sad because it was a great site back in the day.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

I joined in 2008 and i enjoyed my time there up until 2013. After that though things started going downhill. I no longer enjoyed posting there.

The place was starting to have a negative affect on my life and so i left. I have no regrets about that decision but there was great memories as well, and i met some great people there too.

I tried Reddit Cork as well. The downvoting thing is a form of bullying imo. If you offer an opinion that goes against what the in crowd think, then your opinion will just be downvoted until it's hidden from public view.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Yes, I think that is a fair way of putting it. It was like that 10-15 years ago also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

I never joined it but visit there a bit. It's like the wild west, but some of the humour on the site is priceless!

• Advertisement
Advertisement