Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACDC Croke Park Sat Aug 17th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Fair enough, its a hard song to sing allright, he'd probably not be able to do it justice now.

Brilliant song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Thunderstruck is far higher vocally than moneytalks though.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,999 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Thunderstruck is a gigantic world wide hit though, there would be uproar if they took that out of the set. I also like money talks though. There's not much room for the setlist to be changed these days, so many songs are staples that will always be there. Looking forward to what couple they bring from the new album, demon fire pretty likely as they played it in the last gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ballumshouse

Hello! I know this is a really big ask, but if there's anyone with an access code or link for the resident's presale for tomorrow morning, could you please send it my way? Desperately want to get tickets for my mum and dad, and I'm worried that I won't be able to take part in the General Sale on Friday due to being in hospital that morning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much, and good luck to everyone hoping to get tickets! 🤘🏻🖤

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

If anyone has a presale code, can I be really cheeky and ask for it? Only band the father hasn't managed to see and I'd absolutely love to snag tickets for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fanirish

If you get a croke park residents ticket there is very few in their allocation so you’d have a slim chance

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Any prices yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

€176.25

€166.25

€146.25

€126.25

€86.25 (Upper Tiers)

There is a front standing/gold circle area, even though it's not displayed on the present venue plan.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭slick_rick88

I got an email from MCD about different gigs coming up earlier this morning, saw AC/DC and option underneath it to purchase tickets, brought me to Ticketmaster que system, logged in etc, only to be brought to event page with the countdown to tomorrow sale...I cleared my cookies and went onto my Ticketmaster account, changed my address close to Croke Park yet I don't live in Dublin, clicked the link from them email and was in que again, logged into my Ticketmaster account again and it brought straight through to buy tickets, as I selected my tickets and going to next page, it kicked me out and brought up the countdown for tomorrow sale window...god loves a trier! Looking back I should have had changed my address the first time and then maybe it would have been okay but also I should have taken screenshot the prices for everyone when I got through the second time..

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Areas by price. Looks like they went for the Springsteen model for pitch standing.

2 x "Front Standing" i.e. GOLD will set you back a modest €373.50 all in.

Post edited by Mac-Chops on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

gold circle is very common at this point

kinda expected pricing I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭1992ChainGang

So is that 146 for regular pitch standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

I wouldn't have ever taken much heed of the gold circle ticket pricing to be honest but always going to be top tier price of course.

Just going by comparison of other gigs in Croker this year, Coldplay is €101.00 for normal standing and Bruce is €136.25.

ACDC pushing it further again at €146.25 for the same which I can't justify personally!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

this wont sell out folks so relax, havent even decided if im going yet, probably wont till much closer to it...

...fcuk prices are saucy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Jaysus €146.25 for main standing is a bit mad! I haven’t been to a gig in a while but that’s nuts.

(I’ll stupidly still pay it though 😵)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

I think anyone that wants a ticket for this concert will get one, maybe not on the first day of sale, but eventually.

maybe, maybe not, production tickets are regularly released later into sales, sometime after the event officially sells out, this is very common, particularly for larger venues, so, no rush.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

Yeah, I won't be paying that.

Lifelong AC/DC fan. Seen them multiple times. Seen the BiB line up, Razor's Edge line up, the post Mal line up...But, nearly 200 quid for Brian and Angus is too much. It isn't AC/DC to me anymore.

Saw them at Powertrip on Youtube. Really wasn't impressed. Part of me was down watching it. The band deserved a better send off with Cliff and Phil. But, Angus isn't the sentimental/emotional type. It's straight up business with him. I reckon he'll continue on in some form. But, this is Brian's last hurrah.

Hope whoever does go has a great time :)

yea price is p!ssing me off now, i ll sit on this one for a long time....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Gonna wait and see how the Pearl jam registration goes

then I’ll grab these closer to

...probably be able to pick up pj tickets closer to also

Will do the same. The concert is right in the middle of holiday season, so loads will buy tickets and will end up clashing with holidays. I expect plenty to be available on resale closer to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I’ve never seen them and was considering this (being the last chance) but just can’t justify paying those prices for Angus and a knackered Johnson. As others have mentioned, I saw The Police from the Davin Lower and it was brutal…”saw” is a stretch as you’re about 20 miles from the stage and looking at out of sync screens.

I’d love to go to Pearl Jam, I haven’t seen them since 2000, but it’s the night before Rammstein ffs 🤦‍♂️

Yikes the price is crazy (won't be long till gigs will go €200 and upwards) but I will give in because I have not seen them before, missed out in 2015 and it will be something to tick off the bucket list. I will use the Klarna option on Ticketmaster to spread out the cost overtime instead of one big lump sum!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Was extremely lucky to see them in 2009 in the O2 which was an incredible experience. Not sure if Brian's voice is really up to it at this stage. But I hope that it's a great gig for those going that have never seen them. Will sit this one out.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Same price as the Stones a few years ago

• Advertisement

Standing was much cheaper back then it is now!😀

Advertisement