Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACDC Croke Park Sat Aug 17th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Saw Ac/Dc in the early eighties on the For Those about to rock tour and in 1984 headlining Monsters of Rock which is good enough for me, Johnson was in better form and could actually sing back then as opposed to screaming. I know they're pushing new material but they're a bit like Status Quo these days for me, was more a Bonn Scott fan and the Johnson earlier years. But for those who've never seen them grab your chance, they are worth seeing once in your lifetime.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Anything4883

Any rumour on whos support ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sad to see so many hard-core fans on their phones rather than enjoying the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Any restricted view areas where someone looking to be seated should try to avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Avoid sections 301 and 701 in cusack, 336 and 736 in hogan as side on stage view. Personally would avoid Davin stand but they are usually priced the cheapest as the furthest away from the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Following on from the question above, where are the best areas for a seated ticket?

(Never been to a gig in Croke park)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Gotta wonder what MountCharles was up to , this would have been a near perfect Slane gig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ha just seen that, so there's the same amount of Alanis Morissette members as AC/DC in the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I enjoyed the Aviva show but the miles were certainly showing even then. Be interesting to see BJ back at the helm after Axel. The clips I've seen have been decent.

The expected €100+ for tickets is a major turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

With Metallica being such a rip roaring success I'd thought AC/DC was an inevitability.

Slane is a pain but there's no doubting ACDC there would be something special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Honestly logistics might have been issue if only availability on ac/dc end was Electric picnic weekend.

Slane is a pain from logistics perspective . Croke a breeze in comparison as bars, toilets built and transport plans are run of the mill for anything in Croker.

Even consider the number of bus drivers, if you had Slane and EP on same weekend pretty sure you’d wouldn’t have enough coaches/coach drivers around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

We live in a world where the Corrs are charging 100 quid for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭enricoh

I'm going anyway, last time I seen them in punchestown will live long in the memory. If there a quarter as good as that it'll do me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Donnington one? The one I saw in Glasgow in 1982 was brilliant, agree on the Donnington gig though, found Van Halen and Gary Moore way more entertaining.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yep Donnington. van Halen in their prime just blew everything away.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Brilliant, tickets should be plentiful

Would like to see a solid support lineup. Someone like Volbeat, Airborne

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

So it'll be nearly double the price of Punchestown '09, which was the Back in Black line-up, thought Aviva was a brilliant gig even though it wasn't the same without Rudd or Malcolm, even 6/7 years ago big stadium gigs were about 100 euro, it's a wild mark up.

In a way I'm glad a lot of younger bands I like probably won't reach stadium status, how long before it will 200 euro for standard entry to a show like this, having said that I probably will head along, I'd like to feel the bittersweet feeling of hearing the intro to For Those About to Rock one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Didn't think Punchestown was all that amazing. A serious pain to get there and a total farce to get back.

The gig itself was fine, but, it wasn't anywhere up there in terms of big gigs I've attended through the years.

But, I probably will go. Getting in and out of Croke Park should be a hell of a lot handier than a trip to a field down the country. I regret not going to see them in Landsdowne and you'd surely figure that this has to be the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

went to punchestown and really enjoyed it- I was driving so was dealing with drunk OH,

didn’t get tickets for aviva initially but took a chance on limited visibility ones for €56. Had cracking seats with full view of stage and in premium section with easy access to bar. Was driving again but definitely easier. I really enjoyed the gig.

Will try for tickets but the ticketmaster % is gone mental, I’ve an Airbnb booked as hotels will be mental. So no driving for me if I get it- it’s ohs turn to drive but couldn’t be listening to the complaint. Long drive to Clare too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Guess that's AC/DC playing Slane put to bed

Was it the band who didn't want to play there or promoters deciding elsewhere

2009 would of been the best time for it

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Have the prices been confirmed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Seville for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Only starting prices. 85 for cheapo seats. But they'll be in line with Wembley, maybe a bit cheaper. So 125 standing. 140 ish gold circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Bandwagoners and event junkies will be all over this.

Will be a quick sell out of initial allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Can't see any golden circle. Think its just pitch standing judging by the venue map. It was the same for the aviva i recall. Queued for hours to get the pit pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'll probably go, but I'd be wary of sound issues for anyone not on the pitch. Pitch standing would be the only way for me to see this one, and yeah it will very likely be that last chance to see them in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Croke Park is huge, therefore any seat passed midfield is pretty terrible and you'll be looking at screens

I suppose when you look at in gaa game context , could you spot someone you know on hill 16 from the ard comhairle ?

Post edited by Ash.J.Williams on

Advertisement