Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Isha - There's no branches down in my garden / Met Éireann were too cautious/not cautious

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Registered Users Posts: 67,045 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Well congratulations on joining up just to be a d1ckhead. Let me be the one to explain a few realities to you.

a) The Storm hasn't peaked yet

b) You live in an inland relatively sheltered location, lucky you. The Casement weather station has been recording gust into the Orange range since lunchtime.

c) The Dublin coast is also getting Orange level gusts, and there are several dozen power outages across the County.

So while we are all thrilled that Rover got his nightly stroll, we'd just as soon you lubed him up and shoved him sideways up your ar5e.

Now go and see about that feeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

That tower clock in Galway is heavy absolute miricale it did not hit anyone very busy street

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stormyhead

So, big mouth, when is it to peak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭nachouser

Ok, it's now not so simple, or elegant and kinda confusing. There might be something to be said for that whole red-amber-green thing after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stormyhead

What a lovely response. My post is clearly tongue in cheek in what i believe is an appropriate thread. Youre a nasty piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭appledrop

It is most definitely a strong storm here in NCD, in fact it has been since early this morning.

Flights cancelled all day long and I've been out and about and it's horrible.

Don't know about the rest of country but definitely the worse storm here in NCD for a long time.

Some of other big storms never really impacted us here.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

All jokes aside. Nothing too fierce around D4 on the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭appledrop

Flights started to be cancelled from early morning and continues throughout the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Gusser09

After finishing here in kildare.

Is there a proper thread somewhere?

Must take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭standardg60

Don't be putting yourself up on a pedal stool just yet, damp squid has been a running joke for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Met Éireann should have had a red warning for my house.

I'll use any excuse to post some IT Crowd

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

My cats are seriously pissed off and taking it out on me. They only got out for one brief window of about half an hour today. One picture frame broken so far.

It's fierce windy out now, with intermittent heavy rain, and I see some small branches from the large tree outside my house littering my front garden. South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Trees down all over north Kerry. Tiles off roofs.

My honesty box blown over.

A damp squib it's wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

First time my trampoline has tried to make a run for it. Some wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Got a number of roof tiles replaced after the last storm. Needless to say they went bye bye again after the first strong gust.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I took a look at radar around reported time of suspected tornado in meath, inconclusive, appearance was typical of downburst straight-line winds which could also peak at F1 tornado speeds (150 km/hr). When possible and safe to do so, anyone nearby could check for evidence of debris moving either

(a) straight downwind, indicates downburst, or

(b) rotational debris paths, indicates tornado as cause.

Either way, the line squalls noted on radar were likely to have produced brief intervals of gusts in 130-150 range. Reports may come in during daylight hours tomorrow in rural areas of apparent similar damage streaks not witnessed during storm. Airport and weather station gusts can never provide a total picture of actual peak wind speeds and I always assume that some location not being measured will reach a peak gust 20% higher than grid of observations. Of course, in severe U.S. tornado outbreaks, that ratio could be 200% or more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭standardg60

Despite being literally blown sideways a couple of times, my cat has just gone for a wander, so all good in South Dublin at the mo👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Just heading to bed. Still it bit of a wind but the sky is clear and the stars are shining. So glad Isha didn't blow them away and my child sacrifice work to protect us.

Hope we don't have any more storms . I'd have to resort to animal sacrifice and that would upset the vegans 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Not moved from my armchair all day as that to me must have been the strongest / loudest storm and not even over in South Dublin.

Wonder how many wheelie bins off to a new home or into the side of vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Northernlily

https://twitter.com/DavidCostelloDC/status/1749189801872425080?t=_E8cwRFd8b54qJXvlthyZA&s=19

This happened in D4. Shipping containers tumbled and caused some damage at Dublin ports south side.

I'm guessing the gusts blew right up the road by Clanna Gael Fontenoy and toppled them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Watch the video from Salthill.

Why would you do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

You know lines from famous poem,

"If you can lose your head while all around you

are keeping theirs,

you'll be a d1ck, my son."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Read that as a euphemism at first but I guess I'm wrong..

Advertisement