Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I know but saying that there is ones will end up getting and will sadly pay more. I got the galaxy Explorer set the other day the last 1 in swords. I should of bit the bullet earlier on it and got it on lego site when was available to buy and got a GWP with it but I always thought it would of reduced online on smyths before hand. It only ever did once for like 2 wks about a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Just put in my order. My credit card is still acting up for online orders so I had to use his....so I had to behave 😂😂

I got one of the Mario expansion sets reduced from 60 to 39, the polar bear set (I already have one but it will bulk out my winter scene) it was reduced to 9 , I threw in a couple of minifigs....if they are duplicates I've 2 kids so not the worst ..I also had the Ninjago ice dragon set (from insider points)

So all in it came to 56.....I had 4 fiver vouchers ...2 of them were bought on black friday so taking that discount I think everything worked out around 29 quid....3 sets, 2 minifigs.....happy enough.

Gonna take your advice and head to blanch on the 17th see if the 2 gwp are available....worth a punt as they say!

You done really well there with what you got. Always nice to get a bargain. I will see if I will get more this month as lego bricklink sets early next month so I might preorder 1 or 2 and put money away for them.

Crowd funding goes live early next month for these. 20k sets getting produced for each set. Only bad thing is there is another crowd funding one in June then October i believe, i wish there was only 2 a year to spread them out as there pricey sets. About 2 sets per series I like so easily over 1k there. No way I can afford them all and then lego sets out that I want at moment but I might try and get 1 per series even. I like the general store and castle this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The old train shed looks lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Finally got around to building the 10497 Galaxy Explorer Classic Lego space reboot set over the Christmas that my OH got me last year - it's a real beaut! 👍👍

I built it over three days- the base of the ship is very sturdy and involves quite a bit of building before the superstructure goes on. There's loads of internal space in the ship for the astronauts.

It's at least a third bigger than the original 1979 galaxy explorer ship set which I was too young at age 4 to have when it was in the shops.

Very pleased with it - now the question is where to put it! 😁

I think if you could attach it from the ceiling with some type of wire it would look class but then you'd only see underneath and side.

Looks brilliant I am glad I pucked last 1 up in smyths swords after Xmas. That's the eternal problem with lego, not enough space for it all to display it sadly.

Lego store has some new build a minifigures. Got 3 today but doubled up on knights figure. Was tough to get the helmets as none there asked staff and they got me them.

Now I think the pirate in pre made box had a bow which was a bit different colour I should of asked for it but I didn't at time, was whitish colour. I just picked up sword instead. But a good way to get the knights minifigures if they have helmets there on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Wall mount it? I've ran out of space myself so looking at options. Wall mounting looks good for some of them. I do like having them in a cabinet to keep the dust off though. Haven't built anything in ages and have quite a stockpile. Must breakdown a couple of sets in the cabinet to make room.

The Space Shuttle is the biggest set I still have to build, no idea where that's going to go. I also have Technics Ferrari Daytona and Ecto-1. Oh and Apolo 11, an X wing of some description and several smaller one's I've forgotten. Think I just need a new display cabinet if I'm let put it somewhere!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

I don't think Amazons customer service is that good :).

Anyway another Christmas over and my plans to get stuck into some of my kits never happened. Still have Land speeder, medieval blacksmith, tall neck and clone helmet to get through. Sometime I think I rather look at the boxes tham the actual built items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Yeah, it's the only one that stands out for me. I think they need to take better pictures of the other models: everything looks a bit washed out.

Double lego insider points from 20th to 24th January also the year of the dragon set from 20th January to 31st of January with 85 euro spend it seems. Not sure if stores will still have the last GWP van for 190 spend as that ends today I believe. Not sure if they will still be in store as I do know the lego stores do keep a lot of the GWP that you get with the threshold been met after the date there due to end so be interesting if this happens on the GWP set. If they do be nice if spending 190.to get that the year of dragon set and double VIP points instore come sat.

There's also this coming up.

I checked in lego store the set if you spend 190 euro isn't in lego store in town but YouTube video says that GWP is to have another run in April so must be why taken off shelf until then. Was hoping it would overlap for double insider points this wkend.

Little lad wanted the above minifigures. They had tons of them premade which is great. Will get more packs but saying that might like different heads for them to mix it up.

What's annoying tho is why don't they release tons of the knights swords with these been released. Only swords they have is ninjago 1 and musketeers one so got 3 of them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

This looks like a great idea. I will definitely look into this.

Thanks! 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Sorry to ask what might be a stupid question but I'm only new to buying Lego after many years away. Does the x2 points timeframe which runs 20Jan-24Jan include the 24Jan or does it end at midnight on the 23Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

It'll run to midnight (or so) on 24th Jan from memory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

I got that for myself for my birthday.

Absolutely loved it. A real nostalgia hit for me. I was trying to not build it too quickly!

There's just something about it, maybe the tinted windows in the cabin, or the way the back closes up bought home the real essence of Lego for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭wench

You know Lego has gotten expensive when you have to turn to drug dealing to afford it... ;-)

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/jan/19/lego-value-thousands-dollars-seized-melbourne-police-arrest-alleged-drug-trafficker

Just done an order there to get over 85 spend to get the year of dragon GWP. Seems they are giving out the Chinese lunar parts polybag even tho not on their offer page. So not sure of threshold, usually 55 to get it. Just make sure your registered for lego insider as usually have to be registered for lego insiders. Not sure if you would get it instore as well as like I said it's not advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭amacca

Yeah it's 55 I just put in an order!

Between that and the dragon, and I redeemed the cassette player , plus a few small sets , not a bad haul for 86 euro

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

No parts bag in Grafton Street today, at least not handed out on use of a VIP card. Didn't know about to to ask, likely wouldn't have asked either!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

None in Blanchardstown either

• Advertisement

No that was good now to be fair, seems the parts pack was just extra online so when reading comments below and not 1 they advertised online either, just appeared when I put in my order over the threshold.

Advertisement