Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On your marks...Set. (General chat)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,002 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah at this stage I have no interest in tshirts so quite happy if they give that option

Oh absolutely. I dont mine race prices going up really, that happens. But its them going up 3 months in advance of a race and calling it "late entry" that annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Runster

This channel gives you good reasons to do those V02 Max workouts....A bit of motivation:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I am running a half marathon shortly in Donadea, what is the surface like? Are road shoes ok or should I use trail shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Road shoes are fine, the route in Donadea is path the whole way around, if the weather stays as it is it will be mucky but the surface is fine. The half is 4 laps of a 5k loop plus a bit at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Thanks for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

ignore: Was meant to post in random running questions thread

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭marathon2022

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Honestly no, but with the caveat that I'm a dog owner. Much like a parkrun, as a runner I don't have exclusive rights to the path or track I'm running on. Every run should have at least one dog pet, particularly when it's a puppy.

This is really funny but I just got sent this article about half an hour ago about this fella and then I open Boards and see this lol.

I know him :)

Hes a pretty good fighter, did martial arts in Thailand as well.

His mother is a lovely woman and he was well raised.

But not sure what happened him over the past few years as I lost touch with his family. Its a shame to end up inside.

I hope he doesnt end up on drugs or worse after that spell.

Obviously I'm not justifying what happened.

On a separate note, I remember jogging along Drumcondra where the path is split with the cycling lane.

Its a pretty wide path and this woman was coming towards me power walking.

We made eye contact. I made sure I was jogging to the left side beside the bike path as she was on the right close to the houses.

She then decided to walk towards the path on my side after we made eye contact and she saw me steering as left as I could to avoid her.

She thought I would move into the cycling lane so she could take up the entire path.

I raised my fist to my shoulder just as I reaslised what she was going to do.

She shouldered me while passing but instead of getting my nice soft shoulder and pushing me into the cycling lane she got the knuckles of my fist into her shoulder.

She was disgusted and I said to her that I wasnt going to get hit by a passing bike just so she could take up the entire walkway.

I was watching out for a car for the entire run, thinking she might go home and get her husband and come after me.

But the move was totally an aggressive and dominance kind of stunt on her behalf and I wasnt in the humour for it.

It's mad how something could get so out of hand. I do sometimes grumble to myself about pedestrians and dog owners that have no control but a confrontation is never an option. Usually just step out of the way and jog in.

• Advertisement

I've had similar experiences, can be very annoying when it's a blatant aggressive move on the other person's behalf. Unfortunately some people are not very nice.

Post edited by Runster on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

A fun geeky post about track measurements...

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2024/01/running-track-measurements-a-brief-rabbit-hole.html

Nice article, I wonder if the measuring wheel he used is calibrated? 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Back to crappy weather for training !!

Go Allie!! Anyone who follows Allie Ostrander will probably find this video to be a bit of a tear jerker. You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer athlete..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭echat

Tolka Estuary Greenway is developing well. It is not finished yet but you can get into it along the sea in East Point or below the Circle K garage in the docks:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The Emil Zapotek biography is 99p on Kindle at the moment for any running readers out there

This RTE bit might interest some of the locals

Basically its from research carried out at DCU which incorporated over 150 hours of data analysis leading to the creation of the Running Injury Continuum(nice name). This model identifies nine levels of injury, from minor niggles to severe issues, highlighting the physical, psychological, and social effects of injuries on runners. On first reading it seems the basically assess the importance of recognizing and managing early signs of injury, like niggles, to prevent more serious problems, probably obvious to most around here but interesting non the less

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Unknownability

We're excited to invite you to join us for an unforgettable experience where you'll feel the sheer speed and performance of the incredible ASICS Metaspeed Paris Series!

Event Details:🗓️ Date: Thursday, 16th May 2024 
    ⏰ Time: 6.30pm
    📍 Location: Roberta's, 1 Essex Street East, Dublin, D02 F5C6  The METASPEED SKY PARIS racing shoes are designed for stride-style runners who are looking to start fast and finish faster! What to Expect:

• An Exciting 10.22km Run: With the distance between Dublin and Paris being 1022km, let's put the ASICS Metaspeed Paris and Nimbus 26 to the test in a fun 10.22km run. It's going to be a blast! 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️💨
    • Special Guest: We have a special guest joining us at the event, so make sure to grab your ticket! You won't want to miss out on this!
    • Post-Event Celebration: Hang out for some great conversations and enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages as we celebrate together!

Who's Welcome? Absolutely everyone! Whether you're a seasoned runner or just starting, this event is designed for all skill levels and abilities. Cost: A small fee of €5 guarantees your participation and helps minimize 'no shows' on the day. The great news? You can fully redeem this amount in-store at any of our three Run Hub locations in Dublin. Just show your ticket at the checkout. Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to experience the ASICS Metaspeed Paris Series in action! 🎟️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️ SPACES ARE LIMITED SO BOOK YOURS TODAY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Are you affiliated in some way?

Advertisement