Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche Taycan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

There would be very few Irish cars that went out without at least €10k of options fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Nearly every week lads send me picture/article about taycans been dirt cheap now and nobody wants them.

In Ireland Porsche have sold nearly 200 taycans this year, double the year before and double the previous year to that.

The Market in this country is just correcting itself i would think as there was a 11 month wait at one stage whereas now orders can be processed within 3 months so supply is filtering the availability of plenty of second hand ones and as a previous poster said the 50% depreciation is kinda the norm for this type of car. i didnt buy it to make money on it.

i am on my second one now and yes the spec is important both to me but also for resale and although they havent been without issues`, its the dogs bollocks ! it has presence that even the Audi, i4 or any EQE will never have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

Well I guess I meant bargain relative to it's new price.

I keep seeing a lot of media talk of how the Taycan has tanked in value but I don't see it so much myself.

I see examples given of 2020 Taycans @ around £50K ... but then the cars in question are usually RWD, standard battery with little extras, these examples were only £75k new back in 2020, so to lose £25 over 3/4 years is what I'd expect.

So what I really see is the media using the Taycans to bash EV's in general, claiming their used prices are plummeting where in reality they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭User1998

Even the £100k ones dropping to £50k is completely normal. They are 4 year old cars now. Pre covid most luxury cars lost half their value in 3 years let alone 4 years. The market is just correcting itself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭User1998

I think its the sheer amount of them for sale which has people talking about them too. 600+ cars available is a lot when you compare it to other luxury cars. But like I said previously they were a great tax incentive when new so they sold in big numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Even over here and in the North there are more used Taycans for sale than e-Tron GT’s. Seems odd considering the Audi was cheaper new and has an extensive dealer network. I suspect a lot of the Taycans here were originally UK cars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

Not necessarily, the Taycan RWD was cheaper than the E-Tron GT, The taycan was also available over a year before the GT. The Audi is more comparable to the Taycan 4S and when spec'd similarly, the price difference is actually quite small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭mailforkev

They sell loads of Porsches in the U.K., 18,500 of which over 5k were Taycans in 2022. They also love changing their cars over there, and buying nicer motors than we do. So the Taycan situation isn’t too strange really.

If I was based in my London City office then I could lease an EV through salary sacrifice for buttons thanks to the tax savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Anyone know what the servicing cost/regularity of the Taycan is?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Advertisement

Might suit to bring south ?? , it’s a love it or hate it colour and only a 4 seater;

https://www.usedcarsni.com/2021-Porsche-Taycan-420kW-4S-93kWh-4dr-Auto-334122994

That colour is exceptional in the flesh.

Don't think I'd be buying without adaptive cruise or ParkAssist though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I like that colour myself. But I’m colour biased as I had a Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 and I do like that yellow in the VW ID4 range 😂

Could I live with it as a daily now at this stage of my life, I don’t know 🧐

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Woodie40

ACC would be nice to have for sure, should be standard but Porsche like to have a long option list. By ParkAssist, do you mean some sort of automatic parking? It definitely has bumper sensors in the photos and surely has a rear camera standard. Has nice wheels and Bose though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

There’s one in Cork in that colour and I have to say I find it…. Challenging.

ParkAssist has 360 degree camera and a load of sensors to help with backing up. Don't think it's automatic parking. Wouldn't use that part of it.

Have seen it. I think it's awesome, but then again I don't know if I'd pick it. 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭maddness

Love the green in that Taycan, great to see some colour in a sea of grey, white and black cars.

Usually one parked up in Mallow town at the Apple Green petrol station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,690 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I love mamba green, along with mission e wheels it's on my must have list for taycan exteriors!

When looking at a used taycan the thing that instantly turns it to a no from me is the lack of the drive mode selector on the steering wheel. It's a sign the first buyer skimped on the options list. And that mamba green car is a great example, no adaptive cruise (a must have for me). Means they probably didnt pay for the 150kW DC or 22kW AC charging either.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Different strokes & all that. Personally I’d have no use for the 22kw AC upgrade, and I don’t do much motorway driving so adaptive CC wouldn’t be on my list either. Other options I’d spend the money on, not necessarily a sign that someone has skimped.

The two best colours on the Taycan IMO are mamba green & cherry red, both removed as options this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭sh81722

When the Taycan was first out this was exactly the colour I picked for my imaginary config.

People always equate ACC with motorway driving. I find it just (if not more) useful in stop-start traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Mine arrives in Jan, will have been waiting about 14 months for it! Will be a 5-10yr car for me so was happy to get it exactly how I want it.

Wow that’s a long wait. Well wear. Post some photos when you get it. What colour/spec did you go for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭lukas8888

I purchased my Taycan in 21 and skimped on options and it still cost me 14K extra. If i went with everything I fancied i could have ended up spending 40K extra. As I am now considering changing the extras will count for little but the fussy Boards car enthusiasts will still complain about the lack of this and that toy. In my opinion Adaptive Air Suspension is by a mile the must have option.

In the used car market, everyone wants the fully loaded example but nobody will pay any extra for it. A well spec’d car in a good colour will sell faster though. Buyers expect a Porsche to be well kitted out . Air suspension is great to have but I’d personally rather not have it on a car thats out of warranty and getting on in years. I once had an early MK1 Q7 with air suspension that gave a lot of trouble towards the end. Expensive to fix when it goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,126 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ohh ffs, here goes nothing....long legged hot women in party hats...

• Advertisement

€5K wiped off the asking price on this today. Shame the km’s are so high on it. Nice car otherwise.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/35501303

Porsche Taycan 4S 93 KWH Performance Plus

Advertisement