Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot e-5008

Options
  • 30-12-2023 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭

Due late summer but a few may arrive earlier....news here welcome. Especially been for price news, fingers crossed they don't lose their minds and go EV9 pricing

😎

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

Still think it will be pricey, above 55K starting

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any ideas if there’ll be a 7 seat version?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Seems from the YouTube promo video there will be

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chrisd2019

It will not be cheap in this country!

Guide price of 55K in Germany is being thrown about in the motoring media.

Previous Peugeot new models have a history of faults with early production runs and associated issues with the company denying existence of issues and carrying out corrective work under warranty. I would not be rushing to be one of the early owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have the latest version of the ice 5008. It's a grand family car with my only big issue being the painfully slow and unresponsive infotainment system. I'd assume they will improve on that for the e-5008 and use the same systems they have in their latest EVs. They do look a bit better from what I've seen in reviews of the e208 and e3008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭Jofspring

My wife has a 5008. Agree it's a brilliant family car, a true 7 seater. The infotainment is poor alright and the drive on it isn't great. If they can do a good job on the e-5008 it would definitely be high on my priority list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭poker--addict

no 3rd iso fix in the back….will lose 20% of the market.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Wow that's an awful decision by Peugeot. A few years ago we were trying to decide between the 5008 and the Skoda Kodiaq and went with 5008 mainly for the 3rd isofix in the 2nd row

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya moves it to being a 6 and half seater rather than full 7 seats like the current set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

I had a look at it a few weeks ago…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Mark, is the 3rd isofix across the middle not a huge competitive advantage/differentiator for the 5008, I read a data point somewhere that "only" 20% of their market wanted it - that is huge. EV9 operating in a different price sphere thinking its a Merc.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

I would’ve thought so. Assuming I get to drive it at an international launch, I will ask why they removed it.

Advertisement