Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish White Privilege......Yeah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Which is a natural part of our genetics , we're programmed to be like that, we also have advanced brains that can over rule our instincts too so it cancels out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

From post #1 - August last year...

"The National Council for Curriculum & Assessment (NCCA) released a new draft for the secondary SPHE curriculum that wants “white privilege,” “male privilege,” & gender ideology taught to Irish kids. In the draft curriculum it urges children to recognize their “privileged status” as a “white, male or Irish person,” & while telling them to seek positive portrayals of “LGBTQI+” gender identities in media amongst other things."

So here we are nearly a year later and I'm curious to know what's happening with the implementation & acceptance (by parents) of all this, as quoted above? Are parents protesting or are they accepting the teaching of .…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭SharkMX

White privilege in Ireland - The new Catholicism.

People in Ireland always looking for a stick to beat themselves with. Always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AyeGer

In all upcoming elections vote for candidates that will get rid off this sort of nonsense.

White privilege in Ireland a country opposed for hundreds of years, give me a break.

And male privilege? Tell that to the women in my family and they will laugh at you. They are doing very well for themselves.

As for gender ideology, well it’s quite simple imo. There are only 2 genders or sex they are male and female.

Don’t follow America on all of this, it’s a farcical mess over there. And getting worse. Stand up for what you know in your heart is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭concerned_tenant

I haven't seen any data on Ireland regarding this, but the UK recently — and sensibly — updated their guidelines to prevent many of these ideas being taught to children under the age of 9.

I suggest we follow suit.

Those who are deep will strive for clarity, while those who wish to appear deep strive for obscurity and seek to muddy their waters, for everything seems deep to ‘the many’ if only they can’t see the bottom - and they hate going into the water themselves.

— Friedrich Nietzsche

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,145 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Irish White Privilege......Yeah

yeah would you ever go and fook off for yourself and take that American bolloxology with ya.

I have told my kids to tell anyone that pedals this shyte to them that they have Mayo generations in them, a county that had the attached tag "Mayo God Help Us".

A county that was the worse affected by the famine and subsequent emigration which now means most families have distant branches throughout the US, Canada, UK and Australia/New Zealand.

And they got SFA given to them when they got there.

They worked hard for everything they gained.

So they can shove their white privilege where the sun don't shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

A vote for any party that pushes this nonsense is a vote for bigotry. Unfortunately it has been normalized in recent times, but only in media and political circles. Time, again, to give these scumbags a good kicking in the voting booths! I detest bigots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Jizique

I was happy to have Kellie Harrington as a positive role model but then the media decided to cancel her because she shared news of a horrific murder in France and we can't be having that

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Gary_dunne

You do realise that SPHE is taught in secondary schools so starting from 12/13 year olds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

So many of the posts here seem to be written by the same person, even though they are from different posters:

'Irish white privilege - dont make laugh….. yada yada yada ……woke b********ology….something something"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 susan678

Because it must be only one lone loon that would disagree?

The only people with privilege are the ones who get to push their propaganda and bigotry.

Children in schools should be though respect and decency for everybody.
    Children only learn division and hatred from adults.

The best way to help mould a happy well adjusted person is to teach them how to make a comfortable living everything else should be left to the Childs parents and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Packrat

Yeah, maybe OR maybe there's a majority of us still uninfected with this malaise.

The actual real multiaccounts are all busy on the refugee thread earning their daily bread reposting shyte and denying reality.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

Ah now - I wasnt saying they were multiaccounts. I know you are a real dude Packrat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I suppose my question is, does SPHE now include the teaching of White privilege & Trans-ideology? ..or has it not appeared on the curriculum yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Gary_dunne

I've no idea, I don't keep up to date with secondary schools curriculum. My post was directed as the other poster who essentially said it shouldn't be taught to 9 year olds. I was just pointing out even if it was being taught in SPHE it would be a minimum of 12/13 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I think even 12/13 is too young. It shouldn't be introduced until an age when pupils can critically consider the concept and be able to cogently argue for and/or against it as a valid concept in Irish society. It should not be introduced as indisputable doctrine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭lmao10

Having hundreds/thousands of anti migrant posts online probably means I'd have much more of a chance getting a job or help for anything off those posters than a migrant. That's one obvious demonstration of white Irish privilege, helpfully given to us by the posters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Pathetic nonsense.

Imagine if someone suggested we teach the kids of legal immigrants that call here home, that they are privileged to be accepted here and should always appreciate that privilege, and that this should be imposed as Government policy to be taught in our schools you'd be laughed at…. all Irish kids should be left alone by ideologues have we learned nothing?.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,145 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

It should not be introduced at all as a concept with regards Ireland.

The only places it has real meaning is in discussions about US and US history, French\British\Dutch\German colonalism, South African apartheid regime.

It has no place in Irish context and makes a mockery of our history.

The problem is we have been adopting concepts directly from America and some now seem to believe their history is the same as ours.

This is what you get when you don't know your own fooking history.

Of course the clowns that will gladly add this into the curriculum are the very same ones that have turned the teaching of history into an exercise in passage comprehension and joint the dots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

We’re uncomfortable without dogma to tell us when we’re thinking right or thinking wrong. It used to be the job of purple-robed bishops. Now it’s purple-haired theythems. Plus ca change…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

THE CONSULTATION PROCESS has begun on the first major revamp of the primary school curriculum in 25 years.

A key focus of the new curriculum is teaching about difference and understanding other cultures, as Irish schools have become more diverse.

SPHE

Wellbeing will include an update to the relationships and sexual education programme to operate as a precursor to the new Junior Cycle curriculum, which garnered controversy when it was first implemented last September. 

The consultation phase for the proposed curriculum is to be completed by June

https://www.thejournal.ie/primary-schools-curriculum-education-6317414-Mar2024/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nachouser

It's a 24 page document and privilege is mentioned exactly once. There's lots of stupid sh*t to be annoyed about these days, but you should really find better stupid sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭purifol0

We can see exactly how that went in the US and we know damn well it is being pushed over here too. It's only right we exercise caution to protect the children.

However you were wording you're post in such a way to make others believe it.

In the real world we are all struggling with inflation and keeping all our heads above water.

I have honestly no idea what you're post means.

Once too many times and please the profanity?

I am very careful what I teach my children.

The odd time I am asked a profound question I ask my children what do they think.

Education should be for the benefit of those who receive it not for those who dispense it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

And curse too don't want that in the curriculum either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nachouser

I'm not downplaying anything. It's a dumb thing to get worked up about, the entire curriculum is not about white privilege, it's confected outrage as usual from one word in a 24 page document.

Advertisement