Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Yeah, not unusual and normally settles down for trouble free listening when it matters.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

FM Frequencies for the season

Was hoping the west may have been added for my drive to westport on Thursday but looks like I'll lose the signal after strokestown again like last year.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Christmas FM via Tunein is dreadful in the car

Can't wait to be able to hear it via FM

Caught a test broadcast in the car yesterday, pleasant surprise! Looking forward to Tuesday now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Love this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I love how Christmas FM shows the song and singer on my Google display. I wish all the stations would enable this!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

over 3 million streams in November alone is very impressive.

Was WFH for the afternoon & had Christmas FM on in the background, first time this year I've really enjoyed the main channel. Loved the DJ's constantly referring to the FM launch tomorrow, you can feel the excitement around it.

Roll on midday tomorrow & we can see who gets the ball rolling re: first FM song of the year.

The FM had a generic playlist playing all day today obviously testing the frequencies for go live tomorrow.

interestingly enough they’ve taken to social media to ask people for first song suggestions. If they go off it Fairytale of New York is going to romp home the winner.

• Advertisement

ChristmasFM socials have me so excited for tomorrow. They are so excited for go live!

Happy FM launch day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Andrew93

What time is launch today 12? trying to clear my calendar to catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Christmas FM launch day is also the offical launch day of playing Christmas songs in my house, thats it now until the 27th! Hoping for fairytale for first song

Launch is indeed 12pm, block your diary with a meeting request.

Emily Brew is one of the people hosting the opening show 12pm, delighted for her as her weekend show on Radio Nova is great and she has been a huge part of ChristmasFM for years now!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Less than one hour to go! 😀

15 Minute warning!

oooh the anticipation!!! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭tscul32

Yay

• Advertisement

& official first song for 2023 is.....

Andy Williams!!

Its the most wonderful time of the year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

It's the most wonderful time of the year! - it really is 🎅🎅

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Wooooooohoooooo 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

It's CHRIIIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

We are live!🎅

A ChristmasFM classic, where does that rank now DVB for most used for 1st song?

It really feels like Christmas has started now!! 😃

4th time its been used. 2011, 2015, last year & now this year.

Bing Crosby's 'Its beginning to look like Christmas' still in the lead with 6 times used as first song.

Straight into The Pogues now, starting strong!

• Advertisement

Advertisement