Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

I've just had a meeting re-scheduled so looks like I'll be able to tune in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Did anyone get to listen in yesterday? I completely forgot about it after my meeting 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

Completely forgot about this until I got home after work. Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I just turned it on 10 minutes ago and they still have a presenter. I didn't hear his name, but sounds like he has a Spanish accent to me. I don't think I've heard him on Christmas FM before.

They're currently playing Kylie, Christmas Isn't Christmas Till You Get Here.

My first time to dip my toe into the festive tunes since last season. Must be the cold weather today.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Just turned the App on and live DJ on it

Happy Dayz..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,125 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Normally listen to classical only this far out, but having read the recent posts on here just had a listen online and there is indeed a 'live' presenter this afternoon also. A little odd that nothing was announced on their social media accounts as they normally would as soon as any presenters are broadcasting even if it is just online.

Just heard 'Christmas Tree Farm' by Taylor Swift, one of my recent favourites... still a little early though so will put classical back on for a couple more weeks methinks.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think it’s more about testing and giving the presenters some “live” experience/training.

it’s great. I’m gonna be tipping in and out soon. I’ve resisted so far but it’s only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Also a live presenter this morning, first cold morning in a while with blue skies so said I'd throw it on for some cheer! Sent expecting the live "and in an hour or so we will be" voice! - Mariah on ATM 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Have replaced the kitchen radio with Alexa so making sure the app plays nicely. Classical has been playing a bit recently, haven't tried the main station yet.

Just 6 weeks to official launch day.

Also, Christmas FM have a look back at where the money raised from 2022 was spent on their social media channels, both 'X' & 'Instagram' wont allow me link them here though as they're videos.

Post edited by DvB on
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loving this constant stream of live DJs lately. Gonna have to log on, on the commute to work me thinks.

Hmmm, I have to be honest, the main Christmas FM channel is still a little too soon for me, tried listening briefly last week when DJ's were mentioned but turned it off after 2 or 3 songs as I'm just not there yet. The last couple of years with DJ's starting on Nov.1st I started dipping in briefly and that built up slowly to the full launch nicely. Thinking of trying to hold off for the full FM launch this year though and not dip in early.

I didn't get time to click into ChristmasFM this morning myself so my streak is still alive haha. Will definitely dip in sooner than later, when time allows.

Off work today have a few jobs to do thought I’d flick on ChristmasFM for the first time this year to keep me company and HalloweenFM has taken over.

That’s a sure fire sign for me to wait until November 1st at least.

Classical still working, still my go to when WFH. Though it is getting a little repetitive now to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Halloween FM is back! I haven't seen or heard any mention of it. All the presenters listed this year are connected to Christmas FM...including Garvan Rigby! I seem to remember Jessica Spencer was involved last time. She has been associated with Spin1038 and I see she is now also a presenter on Christmas FM.

The song contest is back!

Oh baby now we are cooking!!

Not sure where to put this interesting fact and it doesnt warrant it's own thread so here will do....

"All I Want For Christmas" by Mariah Carey got over 300,000 streams on September 1st this year, a massive jump from the previous month. Over 115k of those streams originated from The Philippines where Sept 1st is the start of their Christmas celebrations which last for months.

Imagine the meltdown in After Hours if our celebrations started Sept 1st haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

A younger member of staff in work decided to put up some Christmas decoration in our office because it was November 1st. I nearly had a meltdown myself!

• Advertisement

WFH today because of the weather warning that was in place for earlier this morning, finally got around to having no teams meetings so have stuck on Christmas FM classical (still too soon for the main channel for me) and twigged that the official launch is 2 weeks tomorrow! Now that countdown has gone by in the blink of an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Wow exciting and scary!! how is it launch day tomorrow 2 weeks, time going so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Looking forward to this coming back! Even my goddaughter keeps pressing the preset on the car radio to see if it’s back yet 🤣

Hasn't it just. Looking forward to it now as I've managed to avoid dipping in early this year.

I meant to say last week I logged into the ChristmasFM app on my morning walk at 6am and there was a live DJ broadcasting, at first I was sure it was a recording but he gave time shout outs which matched the exact time on my phone.

It just amazes me just how dedicated the volunteers are in ChristmasFM, someone was doing a test broadcast at 6am in the morning, and most likely had a full days work ahead of themselves afterwards as well, that's why ChristmasFM is so special, the dedication. That's why other radio stations soulless knock off streaming channels that play Christmas songs (looking at you TodayFM and the Go Loud App) don't compare to ChristmasFM.

On a negative side of ChristmasFM, the playlist so far on the main channel has been terrible, I even caught 2 seconds of a cover of Christmas Shoes by an american boyband on ChristmasFM this morning before I swiftly turned it off. Hopefully the tunes get better when it goes live!

Since 2020 & covid, it appears they are DJing live, albeint online from Early November, which I think is a great addition. Every other year I started listening in little by little up until the full FM launch and surprised myself by enjoying it. Thought they may drop that when the restrictions around covid stopped but great to see it carry on. Haven't managed to listen in to the main channel yet this year though, struggling to get excited by Christmas this year so far with so much going on at home & at work. Hoping that if i can hold off for the full FM launch it'll raise my christmas spirits from their current slumber!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Is Christmas FM live on the app most days now ?

• Advertisement

DJs are still very sporadic at the moment, they usually ramp up before FM go live and keep going until NYE.

Advertisement