Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Children stabbed in Dublin city centre **Read OP before posting**

• 23-11-2023 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/at-least-three-children-stabbed-near-school-in-dublin-city-centre/a198507873.html

At least three children stabbed near school in Dublin city centre

Feeling slightly panicky here. Does anyone know any more about this??

Mod - No speculation, unconfirmed reports or rumors. Post verified information only. Threadbans will be handed out if this instruction is ignored

Additional - The identity of the arrested man has not been made public yet. Rumors of their nationality are just that - rumors. Racist of xenophbobic posts will be actioned accordingly. Posts discussing immigration do not belong in this thread either

*Threadbans*

Wailin

JeffreyEpspeen

Hud6009

JeffKenna

Recode the Site

i.am.putins.raging.bile.duct

Hungry Burger

thefallingman

Dad11

Gusser09

BPKS

TooTired123

SonofGoat

Modulok

baldbear

Redunited

StormForce13

Horse7

Snooker Loopy

Feisar

Tigerbaby

Morgans

Facehugger99

rovers_runner

BorneTobyWilde

dmakc

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Parnell Square. The rte news alert link I received mentions a gaelscoil in the area so possibly something to do with that. I don’t think I’d like to speculate any further without details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Stuff happens - unfortunately it's life.

No need to panic, I would suggest, report states the attacker has been aprehended.

Best wishes to those injured etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Stuff happens? Children get stabbed at lunchtime on a busy street in the capital city? Ok kippy. Nothing to see here. Carry on with your Thursday…

I didn't say there was "nothing to see here" - but theres no need to get "slightly panciky".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭SharkMX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Quitelife

The judges of Ireland have no problem with people beating up people or stabbing people not to mention free legal aid solicitors who love scum bags ….our politicians will turn a blind eye ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭DeadHand

No, this doesn't just happen.

I did not grow up in a country where small children were stabbed on the street.

Our society has become more violent, tense and unhappy.

And we all know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

People on the reddit thread, claiming up to several kids stabbed and one man was arrested.

No confirmation on this at all, obviously lot of confusion and worry at the moment.

Absolutely horrifying news though. Hoping the kids are okay and nothing too serious or obviously fatal.

Edit: Sky News mentioning 3 kids

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

does anyone know the school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭davepatr07

Sad to hear in this day in age. Hope kids are ok. This is gonna put more pressure on Harris and McEntee, absolutely useless Justice Minister. Of course the courts, judges and politicians are so far out of touch with reality.

• Advertisement

Children getting stabbed on the street in broad daylight. Nothing to panic about. Only on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,578 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Man arrested and is being treated at the scene for injuries, either self inflicted or someone or some people got a hold of him.

Hopefully the kids are okay, horrific for them.

She’ll have to be filmed walking around Parnell Sq with a few Gardai in order to demonstrate how there’s nothing to worry about here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Astartes

Was watching parents running up to the police line looking to be let through on that TicTock video. **** hell imagine that panic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,161 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Only good aspect of this story is that it's right beside O'Connell Street and ambulances and paramedics would have been there within a couple of minutes and able to help the injured.

what could you actually do to prevent some nutter losing their mind and stabbing people though? invest in mental health services? there's a guy with what looks like schizophrenia who just rambles around the streets where i live all day, that should be in a home of some sort for his own and everyone else's safety

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Horrific incident. Hope everyone gets good hospital care and really noone dies.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ok,

Of course it's not normal or expected or wanted.

However I was moreso trying to suggest that the OP may be over-reacting a but by saying their were slightly paniced by it.

Life is gonna be very difficult if something that you read online makes you slightly paniced.

There are other emotions you might go through but panic?

I suggested that the attacker was caught (which he has) and wished the injured well.

What exactly do people expect from posts on internet messaging boards these days. Thought I had covered all the bases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

That got me too. The fear going through the heads on those parents till they reunite with their kids

Fingers and ties crossed that all the victims will be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,582 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Old Colaiste Mhuire that was up near Granby Row is gone but there is still a Gaelscoil called Colaiste Mhuire. It is on Parnell Square East.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Hopefully this doesnt result in any fatal injuries. The motives for attack dont matter for the next few hours. Thoughts with families.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There's a youthreach building there. Images look to be outside its door or adjacent to it. Not sure this is related to any school.

Apparently, this individual was disarmed by some young men who stopped the attack - well done to them, if that's the case.

Gardai say they are "following a definite line of enquiry", so that would rule out a random or terrorist attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭archfi

Rumours that a couple of young men passing tackled the attacker and let's say 'danced on him'

A girl is apparently in a very bad way according to RTE Radio.

Please God no fatalities.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Can you please stop having a go at each other and (goes without saying I hope) no wild speculation, verified information only please

He looks deceased.

Paramedic clearly doing chest compressions on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,994 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cpr was performed, so at least one person very serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Hopefully they are reunited with their children. I would not like to see anyone go through this having experienced this with members of my own family.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

shocking news...hope the kids will be ok..

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

pps wheres my wheres my rte macaroons,kevin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,627 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Feel sick thinking of this. Awful awful incident.

RTE: "The injured have been taken to different hospitals including Children's Health Ireland at Crumlin, and the Mater Hospital.Gardaí are trying to establish a motive for the attack but do not suspect any terrorist motivation and believe this is an isolated self-contained incident."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

5 in total taken to hospital. 3 children, 1 adult female, 1 adult male

Praying for that young girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If they were coming out at 1.40 it's very likely they were kids in either junior or senior infants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

The school only goes up to first class, the Irish Times have a picture with a paw patrol bag on the ground. Heartbreaking.

At least 2 lads took him down.

If there is anything to be taken from this horror it's that sort of selfless bravery.

Absolute heroes.

The fact that this can happen in broad daylight on a busy street in the middle of the day must result in the dissolution of the current government. We can have no confidence in them to protect us or our children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I heard they were deliveroo drivers that intervened?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭jay1988

How exactly do expect this to be stopped? seems to be a domestic or family incident, there is absolutely no way to predict something like this.

Our current government has provided us with plenty of sticks to beat them with, this is definitely not one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭celt262

It probably was over in 30 seconds what you want the ARU on every street in the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

how will the government stop people losing their minds and stabbing someone? i have a friend who's been in psychiatric care for a long time as he lost his mind and did something awful to another family member, so unless you're suggesting massive investment in mental health and social services i'm not sure what the next government could do about such incidents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Whatever the motives… the city / country has turned into some dangerous kip. It’s a shadow of Ireland 15 years ago, kip. Kids stabbed in broad daylight now ffs.

Leo and Martin won’t give a feck, they’ll pay it the usual disingenuous lip service that we’ve become accustomed to and on with the show… meanwhile others will pass it off as another mental health escapade…and wonder if taxpayers did enough for the man..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭hynesie08

How could this have been avoided? How is the government responsible for some lad attacking his family with a knife? Stop and search? Armed Gardai on every street corner? Or is somehow the hate speech bill to blame?

I walked from Rathmines to the city center and then later from there to Phibsboro last night and didnt see on Garda. Come to think of it I dont think ive seen a Garda in weeks and thats regularly walking from the Luas stop on O'Connell street down Talbot street to Connolly station too. Seen plenty of scrotes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,051 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Irish Times quote the Gardai as saying"definite line of enquiry" which I would take to mean that the reasons are obvious. Which would I assume support the related theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Open to ideas about how they could've stopped this. Armed police at every school searching absolutely everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seriously? You can't blame a minsiter for some disturbed individual's sick action. Police cannot prevent every crime.

Especially when the police are nowhere to be found the majority of the time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement