Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yeah it's the QR codes on the manuals. I think there on sets going back about 2 to 3 years. So you can add them on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

That's good to know. My youngest loves Lego and is able to tackle sets that were bought for the eldest. It's definitely something I'm encouraging as I think it's a great skill.

I wanted Lego as a child myself but the parents were traditional and it was a "boy toy" so I'm reliving my youth through them 😂🤣🤣

Fair play but remember lego isn't just for kids now 😁😆

Today until 12 in Blanchardstown. Busy but if you're about.

I had to queue to get in, but I was there at 9:45 , there was only a handful of people Infront of me. However I'm delighted I did queue then as lots more joined me and the queue remained.

I managed to get every gift with purchase...there was very few of the 250 ones left. I'd say the Disney one and the store one will be gone by 31st unless there's more in the stockroom..

I also got the cats that I forgot about.

• Advertisement

V good haul that. I don't think there was any 250 GWP left. Tons of Disney GWP left and a good few lego shop GWP. I got nothing as wanter to get the Galileo GWP which is out on the 1st November instead. Sometimes lego stores if still have the other GWP next day might give em but not sure as that other GWP be out then.

Oh that's a nice set!

There was only about 3 of the 250 left when I was paying, that was around 10:40 I'd say.

I was hoping to get the Winnie the pooh Disney set but they had none, ended up getting the Disney big reel set.

How do you find out future gwp?

My youngest is busy building the cat now.

YouTube. So brick clicker or stud city they would put the GWP sets up. There will be Xmas part pack out on the 1st November with the GWP I put up so I will get em. My little lad wants the lion's castle set for Xmas and more knight figures. Lucky mid November they are doing a remake of the Majesto magician set with 2 knights so I will get it then, I believe the wkend before black Friday and will be double VIP points that wkend as well. I usually wouldn't buy in lego store or online unless GWP so hold off until then.

Oh that's good to know.

Mine are big into Minecraft which is usually cheaper in Smyths. So yeah, I wouldn't be too pushed without a gwp. However there were a couple of other sets there I liked that I said I'd wait for the next gwp. So I might be swinging back up to blanch in a few days time.

Though really should be saving the pennies for black friday deals.

Black Friday on amazon does be good. I can't remember lego last year if was good or not. I'm sure some deals but I will probably get something wk before to get the majesto GWP and double VIP points. I think over black Fri they might have some Xmas GWP.

• Advertisement

Just for today and tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I think they are also doing a Christmas themed GWP around the time of the Majisto one, so keep an eye for that. Would be nice to get double points and 2/3 GWPs at that time. I'm getting the Eldorado Fortress for myself for Christmas but am holding off until late November. I hadn't bought anything in a while but I got the Viking Village a few weeks ago, and I had €10 in VIP points so that knocked the price to €130, then I got the Scary Pirate island GWP and the 3 in 1 Witch GWP as well as the Halloween add-on pack. Plus I got VIP points worth €14 after the purchase! The feeling of satisfaction after that was off the charts! :) Love me a good Lego deal.

Yeah I think there doing the majesto set wk before black Friday and that wkend will hve double VIP points so if I get the caste then I will get 40 euro in points as well. The majesto I think might be on the black Friday wkend as well but would be worried its sold out then so I might just grab it wkend before when it comes out 1st and double VIP points. You done grey with the viking village, I made and order then but sadly the witch GWP didn't appear even tho I saw it on YouTube so I knew was to happen, got other 2 packs. I want to get the Viking set and eldorado set as well, but will pick up a few star wars sets I need before retiring. Be interesting to know if the lego stores will still have the Disney GWP tomorrow as well as the Galileo at the same time as I know they can leave GWP in shops on top of new ones to get rid of old ones. The Xmas GWP part pack is from tomorrow and that's with a 50 euro spend.

Just out of lego Blanchardstown there. Busy today. But if you are close to it and we're tempted to buy 130 online to get the Galelio GWP and GWP Xmas parts pack online I would recommend getting to Blanchardstown store as they still have the lego store GWP if you spend 120. So I got all 3 there with 130 spend. I did like the Disney steam boat GWP but held off to get the Galelio GWP instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭omri

Looking to get some sets for xmas. Tempted with the Galileo GWP but will there be any 2x Vip points coming up ? Should I buy now or wait for something interesting in Nov/Dec ? I missed out on the pirate GWP that would pair nicely with the Fortress set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

There is usually a VIP Weekend the 3rd weekend in November that includes double points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

18 & 19th on the Lego calendar from Legoleak.

Yeah like other people saying below double VIP points wkend before black Friday and apparently there will be a remake of majesto castle GWP so 2 knights and majesto magician in that coming out that wkend also. Not sure what the threshold will be to get it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭omri

Do they bundle 2x Vip with GWP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

So I own and love,

Lighthouse/typewriter/SaturnV/Moon lander/Mars probe and from the technic side Bucket wheel/tree logger.boom crane thing and similar.

Honestly not interested in any of the movie franchise stuff, half tempted by the Mario Brick or Bowser. But kinda feeling priced out - there seems to be nothing around the 300 mark (still expensive) that I really want. The castle or random shops are grand but not wow, would love the Titanic but I honestly cannot bring myself to spend that much.

Kinda let down this year with Ideas sets and similar, and honestly Technic the last few years has been not good unless you like cars/bikes - it's just reheated older things. Sorry don't mean to be negative post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Jacovs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,551 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,551 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

Used to love playing with lego as a child. Bought my first lego set as an adult today in Blanchardstown S.C. Will get stuck in on Saturday. If you spent over €50 you got a free gift. You had to have another lego set to use the parts so it was useless. Annoyed with that.

Really like it now. Watched YouTube video but says might be 250 spend to get it which is a hell of a lot was hoping maybe 150 spend and then you get it.

Apparently this GWP will be out the same wkend as the majesto one you posted as well so be double VIP on 18/19 th Nov plus these 2 free GWP.

Looks like small castle build when you use some of your lego VIP points apparently on 18/19 Nov if you have a VIP account.

In smyths today. Kids got there ones I. Swords store.

Does anyone take part in the "insiders sweepstakes" there seems to be 2, one is free the other 250 (I think) points.

Anyone ever win anything/know anyone who won?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyone here have the mars rover kit any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

I got my first Lego kit recently. It's a Bonsai tree. I'm having great difficulty with the tree trunk. It's very complicated. I'm stumped. It's a shame because it looks deadly. I'd love to get it done. I might leave it and come back to it sometime.

Advertisement