Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your own pictures of bad parking **WITH CHAT**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,314 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Couldn't get a pic as I was driving but today saw two cars parked half on the footpath, so what says you, but this was at a bus stop!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,924 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Dunnes Stores Ashbourne on Sunday last:

• Advertisement

Can't have your Dacia being doored by all the plebs in their Porsches and Lamborghinis.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

There are 3 houses opposite our local supermarket. Gates right onto footpath. Public road running in front. No drives and no chance of them being put in.

Lately a new person moved into the middle one and people have noticed he's put a strictly no parking sign on gate.

Acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jack of all

He can put whatever sign he likes up but not enforeable though if it's a public road. Near where I live there's a row of old houses directly fronting onto a public road which is near very busy commuter railway station. No front gardens, open front door straight onto public road. All have signs up asking people not to park there, they park their own cars there. They've no "right" to have exclusive use of the public road to park but it would be pretty unreasonable to park your car outside someone elses house and disappear to Dublin on the train for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Thanks jack. Appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

You see the same thing in the inner city in Dublin, people putting cones outside their houses when it's just a public road. Anyone can park there, they just want free parking directly outside their door but all the other roads are paid parking and residents need a permit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

And here it is 5m and an offence! Just not enforced.

Another beauty from Blanchardstown Shopping Centre:

Could easily have parked in the middle space of 3 empty spaces, but no, park and take up 2 spaces.

Not to be outdone, this plonker in Ratoath - need I even say no disabled pass?

To be fair the car park was very full at the time…..

🙄

There were in total 3 vehicles in the car park at the time, but he or she still couldn’t park in one of those free spaces, and their parking in the disabled bay is so bad they’re making the bay to the left of it unusable too.

Some people are just too thick to be allowed drive

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Dundrum Town Centre, busy but not jammed, but some people are just too important to find an actual parking space, and leave designated pedestrians routes clear.

Cones, plastic chairs, wheelie bins, plastic boxes, etc., all strategically placed to safeguard one's entitlement to store their private goods on public property

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

no photos....but is there an increasing trend for motorists to park on the double yellow at the entrance to the Supermarket, Shopping Centre whatever while they 'nip in'.

i see it a lot at Omni in Santry and in Tesco Clearwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Knocklyon is as bad, a double-yellow line with ample parking only meters away yet there is always a row of cars parked on it by their lazy owners.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.2828414,-6.3178467,3a,75y,309.04h,79.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2Ukdvzq7oZ9j9RP-loVY8Q!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Another beauty from the Blanchardstown SC:

From this pic, and the dents on the rear I think it’s safe to assume parking is not their greatest strength.

Last Sunday afternoon I went for a swim in Ashbourne. This was parked like this (unoccupied) when I arrived :

Amazing parking!

They’re parked:

in a 24 hour designated taxi space.

Over the white line partially blocking the traffic on the main thoroughfare.

With both front wheels on the raised path.

I was over an hour in the gym (I have no idea how long they were there before I arrived). When I came out they were still there. It’s ok though, they had the hazards on…….🙄

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Particularly prevalent around the Mater and Mater Private Hospitals. For a time during Covid Dublin City Council suspended on street car parking charges around the hospitals for healthcare workers with a valid pass displayed on their cars. The local residents groups and some politicians went to war on it objecting and obstructing at every opportunity. There were reports of some cars being deliberately damaged at the time to shall we say “discourage” the practice, but no one was to the best of my knowledge ever charged on this.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Mac 3

Come to Limerick. No one gives a Fook.

YPLAG is a page on Twitter dedicated to the ignorant lazy and stupid.

Parking inside the unit is managed by APCOA so just throw it up on the footpath outside instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Dundalk Aldi at rush hour today. Seems to be a common occurrence to literally dump your car in the middle of the roadway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Northside shopping centre

That is a pedestrian crossing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Bad enough getting around them on the bike when there's traffic, I'll be doing it with a pram from now on. The fella in the jeep doesn't seem to have a waste permit either, he uses this road to load his trailer full of rubbish.

• Advertisement

Another beauty from Blanchardstown SC:

And then this from Tesco Ratoath:

To be clear, those are not spaces!

Advertisement