Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

This is a general HEO comp, I wouldn't expect there is any matching outside of people requesting to be tagged for their own department. Usually mobility is two years. My advice is get in and see how it goes, it might be good to do something completely different. My own assignment at EO was a million miles from CO, but it has been great for challenging myself and gaining new experience.

Are there any interviews currently ongoing?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tinkerbell83

They were interviewing Cork this week

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

That sounds really tough. I feel like part of the pressure might be that HR know no one internally wants that job so they pushed it on a new starter.

I wouldn't rely on internal mobility at all while every dept has it, I've seen people miserably unhappy who were never moved. In fact, my motto is transfer out, chose your own destiny. Your options are list and advertisement based mobility, as well as secondments.

I suppose you have to think, how willing would you be to revert grade if you have to? Would you be okay with returning to your old dept at your old grade? Would you feel that you couldn't return and would rather be redeployed (if that would even be possible and then you will end up bouncing between 3 jobs). I have seen people in mismatched roles (and been in them myself). I do recommend speaking to your new manager rather than HR though, who can explain the day to day. I still say go for it on balance though.

Internet hugs from me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 vietjune23

Anyone know have any candidates been called to Stage 3 for Louth or Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tommy101

When does this panel expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

March 2024. The new HEO competition should open towards the end of this year.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

Yes they've called meath and Louth to stage 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 sabrinagt4

Anybody know if any movement on Longford panel for stage 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

It's all gone very quiet here lately. Does anyone know if Waterford or Kilkenny have been called for interview yet? I presume if they haven't been called at this stage they probably won't be!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 decmartin

I am top 5 in longford batch 1 and haven't heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bradyei

I am number 19 for mayo batch 1 and I have my interview Friday 🥵

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

Best of luck with your interview on Friday, it's good to see some areas are still moving. I am in the top 5 for Kilkenny but haven't heard anything yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

Interview done last week, Anyone who's already sat an interview & received results, could you confirm how long the results took to come out please & thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mo10

Did my interview last Thursday (6th July) and received results today.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

I got mine this afternoon too. Thanks a mill for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ATIMOK

I’m No. 29 on Mayo panel - anyone in the twenties called for interview - last post was someone at number 19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Not too sure if I should post this here but here it goes. I was a co for just over 2 years and got promoted to EO on external competition to another department. I started my new position on early February of this year. If an interdepartmental or internal HEO comp starts soon am I eligible to go for it or does the fact I'm on probation hinder me from applying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Kirbi

You'll be able to apply (unless they change the standard rules in the meantime!)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

Just be sure to be deemed satisfactory at your probation and PMDS, and you can go for any competition you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ATIMOK

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭bleaks

Folks, on a completely separate note but the answer may be of benefit to a few people - is there a health insurance group scheme for civil servants?

If anyone has any info on this, let me know - thanks.

Best of luck to all in the competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

I know this has been asked before but does anyone have recommendations for interview training around the midlands/Athlone area?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

I did a virtual session with Tina kinirons for an internal HEO comp (she has a website called TK services I think) we went through the presentation and she gave really helpful feedback and gave me a good steer on the type of questions that might be asked based on my application form and other panels, found her very helpful and I placed high on the panel. She also does in person training in Dublin afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 31 zeldamayo

Hello, hopefully someone might know! ;)

I was a public servant in local authority for nearly 4 years and I moved to the civil service this year. Would time as public servant count for inter departmental or internal competitions??

I’ve been placed 10th on an OOM with the Data Protection Commission for a job at HEO level (completely shocking because it was the hardest interview I’d ever been to and didn’t think I even passed). The job description said there were several vacancies available, so just wondering if anyone knows how likely it is I’ll be offered a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Watermelonsugar

I know alot of people that have used Carr Communication and Tina Kinirons but with mixed results on outcomes. I think the problem is alot of the coaching results in very similar coached interviewees so it is hard to stand out from the crowd this way. My advice is to put in as much prep as you can yourself, 'interview boss' has some great podcasts... instead of forking out a couple of hundred for a session. And don't be afraid to show some personality. If you can get involved in as many projects, initiatives, groups or committee's outside of your core role it shows more drive than any coaching session can teach. PM if you have any further questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 pip1414

PAS have been in contact with me regarding clearance for a HEO position. However, I need extra security clearance in addition to Garda Vetting - how long will this take? The email said it could take up to 16 weeks, which is February, then an offer would actually be made then, and I would give my two months notice at my current job, so making my start date in April (nearly a whole YEAR after I applied for the job). Is this a likely timeline, would I be able to start before this additional clearance is obtained?

Advertisement