Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer, Three Arena, 10th June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

You're seeing the VIP package

They are there, look again cos they are easy to miss

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

yeah got standing but couldn't fin them at first with so much of that insulting crap

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eims5769

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I already have my tickets but was playing around with ticketmaster this morning to see how it works now with this new queue system. I got bounced out of the purchase page for rejecting the seats they were offering me too many times (maybe about 5) and then thrown to the back of the queue behind 2000 people. Good to know for next time, don't do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭blue note

I did not have tickets and did the same thing. Now I have no tickets. I was literally being offered the very back of the venue, I couldn't get any standing. I'd take those awful tickets now though.

That must have been what happened to me. Was rejecting seats in the hope of getting good ones. My phone was only showing VIP tickets

Ended up settling for nosebleed seats from the laptop

Watch this space

If I get better ones (I'm not giving up) I'll have two terrible seats to get rid of 😀

You'll get in I'd say, there's rubbish seats trickling back in again now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I'm consoling myself by "knowing" that there will be good tickets on adverts a week before it.

• Advertisement

I considered that myself. And now no-one will want to buy mine if I find better 😀

And for some reason my tickets were 20 more than the block over 🤷‍♀️

Those ridiculous vip tickets are bound to release soon, there's bloody loads of them

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Sold out except for Vip tickets now. Got all the way through to the verify in your AIB app bit and then TM gives me an error message. So no tickets. Wonder will they add a second night. The Sunday and Tuesday nights are free on that tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭crl84

The edge blocks are usually cheaper than the more central blocks. Sometimes the tickets towards the back of the central blocks are the same price as the edge blocks, or at least cheaper than the rows further forward. Depends on the gig though.

There's no way they're gonna sell all them VIP is there

I've never seen so many for any gig.

They will surely be released soon

Keep checking

All them missing out today will probably end up with the best seats when they release 😀

Wave up to us won't you

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Hope you're right! Don't think most smashing pumpkins fans are the VIP experience types.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd say that backstage guided tour is riveting and of course the 'exclusive VIP gift'

Exactly

Most of us will be in our 30s and 40s

They're lucky We're willing to be out past 6 on a Monday night never mind wandering around the bones of the 3 arena 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 19 XxCigiXx

Hey guys,

Managed to bag 2 tickets for 80 each, how bad is block P, have never been to 3 arena before 🙈 Tried to buy tickets during the presale and all that was left was VIP, so was happy enough I could get them at this price on general sale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Section P view from middle of the block.

if seats are 260 - 275 they are right beside the wall and restricted view

Seats 220-235 in section P are the best ones of that block

This is from Block P row 40 seat 225, usual annoyances of people up and down constantly but view is good

In Row 37 seat 234 for this gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

I'm sick of buying tickets for something that is so far away. I'll get them off adverts the week before

• Registered Users Posts: 19 XxCigiXx

Very helpful thank you!! Just happy to see them anyway 😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I hear this. I managed to get 4 standing but had I not this would have been my approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Genuine news story today.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

He lost the plot after missing out on tickets !!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I was working local crew for that. My main memory was how long they stayed around to chat with whoever wanted to chat with them.

90s child and thank to The Simpsons I became to know 'The Smashing Pumpkins'

One of the top episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins.

...Homer Simpson! Smiling politely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Devastated not to get tickets for this! But I cannot justify the VIP prices now. Haven't seen them since The Olympia in 2000, which I did pay a horrific price for! Hopefully some come up on resale at a reasonable price.

Advertisement