Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer, Three Arena, 10th June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

Was that the gig with the two drummers? I wasn’t there but I think there were highlights on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

That was the previous Olympia show, the Adore tour. RTÉ had a highlights show, preceded by an interview with Billy, conducted by Tom Dunne.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

No, that was the earlier gig. 2000 had no D'arcy. Melissa Auf Der Maur played bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

Yeah, thi happened me with Coldplay trying to secure better tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

some gigs youre better off taking what ya get, most times you can 'trade' in older tickets for better ones (if available)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Zardoz

This seems to be selling well, strange how fickle people can be.

Billy played a superb solo show in 2019 in the Olympia and it didnt even sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's not really a fickle thing. I wouldn't go into my back garden to see a Billy Corgan solo show but love (old) Smashing Pumpkins.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I thought it had sold well. I was up the front in the Stalls, though. No idea what it was like in the back of the Circle or in the Gods. People weren't impressed with the high price (€77.65, once you added all the online fees), so may have opted to stay away. A tiny Church venue in Glasgow was an extraordinary £27.50, and other shows were much cheaper than Dublin too: Grevenmacher €33, Hamburg €44, Paris €50, Utrecht €41.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭crl84

Exactly, plus Weezer on the bill too.

I don't want to hear Billy Corgan solo songs. Ideally I won't hear any post-2000 songs next June either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Prices are a bit crazy for this!!! 😣

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

They are trying to shift as many VIP tickets as they can first. There will be plenty of semi-normal priced tickets available closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Teen Mortgage who supported Off! in The Grand Social recently added as openers.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Perhaps an indication that it's not selling as well as they hoped / expected.

I am glad people are not falling for this VIP nonsense. There was enough casualties of this tactic at Coldplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Teen Mortgage won’t affect sales at all with how big they are. Bit daft why they’re even bothering with a support act as well because it’ll only cause Weezer to have a shorter set

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I was away when this went on sale and ticketmaster were having none of me!!!

What's with all these ridiculous notion tickets? Please tell me they will be turned into normal tickets closer to the day? I don't want any experiences, I want to see smashing pumpkins play a gig 🙄

Post edited by suvigirl on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Very often platinum tickets and the likes are downgraded and sold at "normal" price nearer the gig, I'd imagine it'll happen in this case

No way of knowing when, sadly, just case of checking Ticketmaster periodically. Probably not until a few weeks before, though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭piplip87

Lads the wife bought me a ticket for xmas and let it slip. I already had one. Its up on TM standing ticket for face value

Must be in dire straits if there going public

Whoever gets the gig will have some story to tell and wish everyone all the best

Post edited by PTH2009 on

I'll chuck in my CV for that. Won't get it obviously but that'd be mental getting to tour with them.

Surely it's more that they just have relatively straight forward parts to play? A band like them could easily hire a touring musician

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭krazymuthafuka

I'm trying to get two tickets. If anyone is selling please give me a nudge, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Seems to be impossible to get a sniff of tickets anywhere.

Have Ticketmaster opened up resales yet?

It's usually closer to the time that they do, and that people's plans get in the way. I'd say there'll be a few pop up a week or two before the day

Resale is available, transfer isn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ticketmaster used to release extra tickets for gigs in the 3arena regularly in the past but their latest policy is to sell these as platinum.

If/when they realise these aren't selling they do often drop them back down to standard price. No way of knowing when though, annoyingly, you just have to be lucky to be checking at the right time

I held off as I'm still not sure if I can make it, but I'm quietly confident that a ticket will be available if I decide to go

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

one standing resale just gone up face value

Stage times off MCD, bit hard to read but Teen Mortgage on at 6.30, Weezer 7.15 and Pumpkins at 9. Looks like Weezer will only end up doing an hour or so again which is very annoying as they haven’t done a proper headline show in about 20 years here. Don’t really get why the need for a support band

Suggests Pumpkins will probably only do 90mins too 😕

• Advertisement

More excited for Weezer than Pumpkins

Advertisement