Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sarc

gutted but so proud of the team. If I take one positive from this it’s that I never have to go on that ticket website again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Facthunt

There are loads of tickets there …. Unfortunately I think a lot of Irish people are going to be out of pocket. Think they will have to sell them well below face value to recoup a few € back again!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭scooby77

Should be able to pick up cheap tickets nearer the time, could be bit of craic.

We're in Paris weekend of final anyway, and if France aren't in it, there might be tickets available so we'll probably go along, Stade de France easy to get in and out of.

( sorry replied wrong thread, was meant to be in one bout going to semi anyway- head not great today!)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭user060916

Any ideas where to offload two tickets to France v South Africa ideally at face value?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

They won't care as they sold the tickets so have their money.

Not sure how cheap your have to try and sell a €550 cat 1 ticket for (there are loads on the resale site) to get your money back.

If Wales had made it, probably wouldn't be as bad.

Then there's all those aircraft sold out for Friday...how many people are going to be on those?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

How did people get on with ticombo? Did anyone have a ticket that wouldn't scan I wonder?

On about note, there must have been 10/15 free seats within view of where I was. 😳

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My brother got 2 tickets from Ticombo as I posted about last week, and although they were expensive, there were no issues and 100% genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ohh I understand they've made their money but it would still be highly embarrassing for them to have a noticeably not full stadium for a semi final due to their own errors of drawing the comp too far in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Looking for 2 finals tickets if anyone is selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Imagine there'll be loads hitting the resale site now that France are out....

• Advertisement

They are popping up on the site as we speak ….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Site is down for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

On the site but can't snipe any - still looking for 2 finals tickets if anyone has spare.

That's a lot of resale tickets for the NZ v Arg QF.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Blut2

1500 odd for the NZ/Arg semifinal, and 500+ for the SA/Eng semifinal, tickets on sale on the official resale site now.

If someone had said there will be literally thousands of tickets easily available at face value for the semis a few weeks ago nobody would have believed them!

Face value …. I’d say unless people drop the price for these tickets a lot of folk will be left out of pocket! Losing Ireland, France and Wales in the quarters hasn’t helped ….. !!!

I’m tempted to still go over but there is no way I’d pay €550 for a ticket now Ireland are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭COH

Lad on toutless selling his CAT 1s for 300 each (instead of 550) ... Id say we'll see a lot of that over the next few days

There are nearly 2000 tickets for resale for the Argentina v New Zealand game and nearly 1000 for the England v South Africa game! And how many more have not put them up for sale yet!

I think a lot of people will do well to get €150 - €200 back for the Cat 1 tickets! Losing Wales, France and Ireland was a massive blow! The organisers won’t be too bothered as they pretty much have their money!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭COH

Agree 100% and those are not including the ~800 available for SF1 and ~600 for SF2 that are still currently available from RWC direct.

• Advertisement

There are going to be a lot of empty seats!!

In fairness the value for money games were Ireland v New Zealand & France v SA!

sorry to say but the semi finals don’t have the same appeal …. Certainly not €550 worth!! Argentina and England don’t have the teams to match New Zealand and South Africa!

There will probably be a lot of green jersey’s in the crowd Friday which will be kind of embarrassing!!!!!!

The problem with discounting the tickets is you still have to pay for a flight.....indirect ones are about €350

Would love to see the load factor for the Ryanair flights to BVA on Saturday (theres about 7 of them and they are all sold out), will be near empty at a guess but the airline won't care as they got their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Blut2

If the semis were even going to be decent games for neutral fans it mightn't be as bad. But NZ are 18 point favourites against Argentina on Friday, its going to be a walloping.

I'd also love to see how many empty seats there are on the Dublin to Paris flights this weekend.. That'd be an excellent way of seeing how many fans have bailed - presumably they'll at least give away their match tickets, if they have to.

I’m still undecided about going …. I’ve no ticket only transport and a hostel sorted!

If I get a freebie or cheap ticket I might be tempted! Like most Irish rugby fans I am on a bit of a downer! Been a hard week so far …..

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Plenty final tickets up right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭techdiver

I see the prices from the scumbag tout websites are dropping bug time too. Hopefully they all get hosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Has anyone had a cat 1 restricted view ticket throughout the tournament? If so was it a bad view? Just managed to pick one up for the final. Tempted to go but it's still a lot of €. It looks fine on the 3D viewer but I'm thinking it might be that barrier in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭DBK1

I was in Block D1 row 1 last weekend and they were great seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Vast majority CAT 1s though. €950 a pop.

I'm going over for that weekend with a couple of pals and we'd love to go to the game but are all unwilling to pay more than €200 each. (so CAT 3-€200 or CAT 4-€100)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Sarc

Yeah me too! Great seats

Advertisement