Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mansoor said on Twitch last night that the reason that he never worked NXT TV was that he wasn't allowed to lose as part of the Saudi deal!

Demon MJF 😁

These two guys came up with some great pitches for themselves to do it's well worth checking out what they came up it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Hollyhood" Haley J, the one from Wrestlers on Netflix, is getting a WWE tryout and Finlay's son too.

• Advertisement

Will Ospreay said today that the WWE offered RevPro £1m to buy them out however RevPro turned down the offer as they really believed in what they were doing for indy wrestling and wanted to be that revoluation.

What could have been

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I'm having a hard time buying that whole "wanted to be apart of a revolution" to be honest. Either they thought the offer was too low or Osprey is talking through his arse lol. Any case it's a business at the end of the day despite what they may say.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

It might be a personal thing. I think Andy is the name of the guy who runs rev Pro? Maybe he didn't want to see something he built turn into evolve wrestling. Personally I would have took the money as running indie wrestling is a tough business

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Instantly shows they see her as bigger than a random NXT talent, anyway, treating the sgpigning as a big announcement, which is good news for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Announcing like this acknowledges AEW and their talent as well because how else would people know of her. be interesting to see what they do with her. Straight to the main roster or an NXT run to get her a bit of training? She wouldn't have the experience to adapt to any style like an indie wrestler would. But at the same time they could give her someone she can work with while having her do training in the background which we've read she's always keen to do. Didn't she used to train with the likes of Danielson in AEW?

New name?

side note: I didn't realise how long her fingers were.

Jade to stop Nia, "the baddest human in WWE"

Not sure about baddest but maybe the worst promo in WWE.

But yeah, the baddest b!tch against the baddest human.

But I think Rhea will be taking down Nia before Jade confronts Rhea.

Can also see her going to Smackdown since I'm sure they want to see her face off against Charlotte.

Or to make her a bigger deal, have her come in as a free agent and deciding where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

She wouldn't have the experience to adapt to any style like an indie wrestler would.

90% of the time that 'experience' is why indie signees fail with WWE so she's ahead there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two weeks ago: "There's no other place I'd want to be. He (Tony Khan) doesn't look at me as a number, he looks at me like a human being. He knows my journey and understands my purpose in the wrestling community and what I want to achieve and I don't think you can beat that. You can't beat this in a very interesting sport."

Today: "It feels great you know, I feel like I was just in preparation for the grand stage. I felt like this was always the mission. I felt like the shoe fit. I felt like this was gonna happen, honestly this is all expected so I’m excited to be here.”

Becky releasing an autobiography

Jade to Smackdown for Lashley's drip business faction could work also, feud with Bianca or Charlotte but doubt they would be fed to Jade on her debut

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

Possibly a stupid question but does AEW trademark their wrestler’s names like WWE does? So can Jade use her own name in WWE?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I wouldn't hold it against her, she's not doing anything a large number of other out of contract stars wouldn't. It's entirely possible as well she was genuine 2 weeks ago, or wherever the original interview took place, and WWE moved very quickly to her surprise. Both can be true.

• Advertisement

TBH I never thought much of Jade in AEW, ok in the ring and a long champion but no real competition

Obviously WWE think highly of her and she will pass NXT

I forget Davenport was also AEW before WWE

Cody back, whose next from AEW to WWE, is Survivor Series time to see CM Punk again 😁

I'm not going to lie for all his faults I'd mark out to hear his music and return even short term back in WWE

MJF is looking to get there, I suppose for all, it really is the top

Edge to AEW getting hinted by dirt sheets heavily again

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

Re: Jade.

In my opinion she's green but to be fair to her she has only had 64 matches. But she has that WWE look - 5ft10, fitness body, abs, unique hair colour and black. Screams WWE.

Ha, reminds me of the reported phone call between Vince McMahon and Ted Turner. Turner rang Vince up after he bought Jim Crokett promotions and said "Vince, I'm in the 'Rasslin Business" and Vince (in his own words said in a WWE doc) replied with "Well i'm in the entertainment business" - I guess Cargill didn't get signed on her wrestling ability but her sports entertainer value and fair play to her.

Ps, obligatory gif:

https://media.tenor.com/JjeW8ewQLJkAAAAC/heat-al-pacino.gif

Trying to think who could she interrupt that she could then leave lying. Chelsea is always a fun option.

Becky Lynch on WWE signing Jade Cargill:

"I watch all the products [referencing other promotions]. I think it’s great. More women with more platforms. I think she has a lot of work to do when she gets here, but if she is willing to do that, just look at her. She’s a star. It’s more people for me to get in the ring with and kick their asses."

(New York Post)

Jade Cargill speaks about Cody Rhodes influence in her decision to make the jump from AEW to WWE:

“He was top three, and not third. He is a phenomenal man. I've seen what the business did for him, I've seen him be the stellar athlete that he is. I didn't see any different for myself. He was one of the guys that led me to a great decision."

(The Ringer Wrestling Show)

Seems John Cena is heavily rumored to be in an upcoming Amazon Robocop tv series.

The part is that of a solider who gets killed in a war and becomes Robocop but it will also star Peter Weller reprising his role as the original Robocop mentoring the character. Sounds interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

His time as Prototype in OVW will stand for him here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭ThePott

"Dead or Alive, You Can't See Me!"

WWE is coming to ABEMA in Japan.

According to Tokyo Sports, WWE Raw and WWE Raw will air on ABEMA in Japan beginning on October 3. WWE Raw will air Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. while WWE SmackDown will air at 8 p.m. on Saturdays. The broadcasts will air in Japanese and free of charge.

WWE Premium Live Events will also air on ABEMA.

Keiji Muto (Great Muta) will be an ambassador for a special broadcast to air on September 29

Akira push to dethrone Reigns 😄 Shinsuke could take the title from Rollins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 KeegoLaughs

If she acts in wwe like she did for the cameras at netflix, she'll be kicked out very fast.

Advertisement