Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

For some reason had the Germany show down as an Indoor Stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There's 80000+ who would have bough tickets to the 3arena if only Roman was on the card was there? The fans who didn't buy tickets to the first UK ple in 30 years where he was main eventing were all waiting for a Dublin show were they? Romans never drawn a 90k audience because they were all diaspora waiting to visit the homeland was it?

Why do Irish event junkies get so precious when you point out reality to them?

You're right though lads, Roman Solo and Jimmy Vs the brutes would draw the largest paying crowd in wrestling history.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jesus Hynesie, you must be great craic at parties. 😂 Let people have some dreams and fun discussions, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They could fit 90+k into Stade de France.

That's not a place I'd like to come out of at 11pm and try to find my way back to a hotel.

It's a secondary PPV being mentioned so I'd say it will be an Arena event.

Suppose they could use Racing 92s indoor stadium with the massive screen

• Advertisement

La defense is 40k and indoors, would look incredible on TV as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Never mind coming out of. Given the champions league final between Liverpool and Real Madrid, you might not get in in a timely manner, and there was reports of people getting hassled in the day time.

I would be the most excited person on here if they did an outdoor stadium show. I'm just realistic that it's not going to happen, no matter how loudly we chant OLE at a 3arena show that didn't sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think an important difference though is that the 3arena was a house show (I assume). I wouldn't make the trip for a house show that means nothing.

If it was a PPV, I'd be getting tickets the day they came out.

Not saying it would be a Croke Park event but I think with a good build, promotion and some big names they would do a good number here.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Couldn't sell out the national stadium last time he was here........

It does not need to be Croke park.

The WWE ran the RDS 20 years ago and they could do 20k to 25k there if they wanted a bigger venue than the Point if they though they could draw that number here for a secondary PPV.

If memory serves right they sold out the RDS at 20k then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would also depend on what else they do at the time. Like All In was helped by the fact it was the only AEW show near here so people travelled from here and I assume mainland Europe. But if they're doing a PLE in Berlin a few weeks after one in Ireland, why would people fly to Dublin? Also as has been shown before, probably cheaper for non Dublin residents to fly to Berlin for the show there.

This year's MITB was special and I believe it would of sold out the likes of Spurs Stadium, Emirates, London Stadium etc. Even though tickets were expensive there were no empty seats in the O2 that night. Stature wise it was the biggest non North American/Saudi international WWE event in quite a long time. CATC was a new named event like the upcoming Berlin show

What's making a big difference to this events is that they have accepted they can cut back on fancy entrance trons

That's some incredible mental gymnastics.

"If we ignore their 2 main markets and the bigger attended show that had a new name, and the RDS show that had a bigger attendance but was 2005, this is the biggest show in years...... (By reputation), except Australia.

Where did I mention the RDS show in that post ?

MITB London announcement

“The O2 is one of the world’s premier venues and the perfect home for Money In The Bank. We are excited to bring one of our ‘Big 5’ events to the UK and look forward to welcoming the WWE Universe to London on July 1,” said Dan Ventrelle, EVP, Talent at WWE

That MITB and previous ones could be heavily referred in the WWE history books as its a 'Big 5 event'. Docs, countdown lists, best ofs etc.

Not discounting CATC which had its brilliant moments (you made a list in the MITB London thread). Maybe they won't be a CATC II.

Here

"Stature wise it was the biggest non North American/Saudi international WWE event in quite a long time"

I'd say stature wise the RDS show (biggest house show in history) the France house show (actually outdrew MITB) And super showdown Australia (70k+) were bigger, backlash 2023 had a bigger card as well, considering you defined a card by whether or not Brock was there.

You literally discounted catc in your post.

Meant PPV/PLE

So why don't they state about the RDS show ? Because its was a 'House show' and not a PPV ?.

Then Australia was still bigger.

Yes WWE have never acknowledged house shows in their numbers, zbysko/sammartino in shea stadium outdrew most manias.

True its bigger attendance but as of yet not as big in stature as the like of MITB and other the big 4

Out of all our arguing it all doesn't matter a **** as fans will be buzzing going to whatever event they have a ticket for. They will be many a wrestling shirt on Planes, Trains, Automobiles and Vessels

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That was my first WWE live event to attend. Was a seriously solid card, getting to see Austin in person was the highlight for me anyways. JBL got nuclear heat too after calling Ireland Britain's bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Only my two cents... but I think running a ppv (or ple, whatever you wanna call it now) in Dublin would be a bad idea.

WWE doesn't draw big over here so you would be relying on people from up north, UK, even mainland Europe to fly over to fill up a big venue like Aviva. Am sure if it was a big show like SummerSlam people would flock over. But some random show like "Disaster in Dublin" or whatever lol wouldn't draw a massive crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,208 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

You don't necessarily need to aim that big though. Many of their PLE's are around ~18,000 people (Payback, Fastlane, Backlash etc), which I think there's enough demand for, so in that context we could get away with a smaller venue than the Aviva. I still don't see it happening anyway though, with the UK shows close enough to suck in the Irish interest so it's a bit hard for them to justify it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

With an announced German one and likely a French PLE to come next year (presumably alongside another UK one) there's a couple of decent options for us anyways.

Besides, if they hold one in Ireland (Dublin especially) the hotels will just gouge the ever loving shite out of anyone coming over.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think they'd be better off doing a tv taping in Ireland first around a uk or European PLE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Sure it was only 2 years ago that NXT: Takeover Dublin was supposed to take place at the 3arena which iirc is listed as a 14,500 capacity wrestling arena

WWE has a huge presence in the US, but continues to expand their reach to fans across the globe

The company has had several big events over the last year or so such as Clash At The Castle in the UK and Backlash in Puerto Rico and has already scheduled Bash In Berlin in Germany for 2024

They also have no plans of slowing down anytime soon, when it comes to going to different places

We’ve learned at The Ringside Roster-Wrestling News & Rumors via F4WOnline, that WWE is reportedly talking to different cities and governments all over the globe as they work to bring more events to different areas

It was noted that WWE wants big money for their shows and are open to anyone who is willing to pay their asking price

Up to Aiken Promotions and various government departments to enquire

Government department using taxpayers money to pay for the WWE to hold an event in Ireland sure go for it cut the dole cut the rent allowances cut the medical card numbers to pay for it.

There's more hope of me dating Taylor Swift than there is of the government funding a WWE PPV in fairness🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement