Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Blue means the signal isn't very strong and has resistance outside its design.

First as you've don't check all the connections at the rear of base station that's the loop wire and guide wire.

If they're all good and still have a fault the problem is with any connections you have in the wire along it's run. They're either faulty or water ingress has gotten in and made some connection to ground.

First place to check would be the guide wire to loop connection. Then if you've had any repaired breaks in the loop or guide. Replace the fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AidenL

I’m not impressed with the Husqvarna so far, it’s been in the dealers workshop longer than it’s been on my lawn.

Has no one else experienced this slow speed running?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Thud

Would be interesting to get a poll in here there seems to be a lot of Husqvarna problems reported but not sure if that is down to them being problematic or more people owning them.

• Advertisement

had a short bit of wire lying around just just rewired it into the base and the flashing blue light is now solid blue.. i guess i have a cable issue somewhere.. a job for a dry day if there ever is another one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Just off the phone to the lad fixing my Ambrogio. It’s out of warranty since last nov. Just over 2 years old. Would need 1k to replace whatever needs replacing.

Honestly, with the amount of problems that thing has given me since I got it. I wouldn’t buy a robot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭blackbox

There's a setting on mine where you can disable the ultrasonic sensors. if you do this it only runs at slow speed so that it doesn't have hard collisions. When the sensor is enabled, the machine slows down when it approaches obstacles.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AidenL

I’m beginning to feel the same after my first three weeks of ownership.

• Advertisement

One of the reasons I'm telling people to keep it simple.

I'm about 5 years into my mccullogh ownership. Few cable breaks one or two caused by myself. And one slug eating through the charging board on the charger and that's all I've had.

Unit cost me 600 on a black Friday deal. I board and a battery refresh last year and it just keeps going and going. Per year cost its saved me hundreds in fuel. And immeasurable time.

Go dumb, go simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Where can you get those now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Jist bought a worx wr147 to replace my robomow rs615pro.

Anyone interested in an rs615 for parts ?

Also have brand new battery for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Mine didn’t have a cable breaks. No problem with the board. It was still cutting fine. My problem was it wouldn’t go on charge. It would just keep spinning at the base. Maybe twice out of ten times it would actually charge. Always get stuck in the grass even though the grass was short (I’d cut it with a push mower every now and then). He must of listen 5 things that needed replacing totalling to over 1k. An absolute joke after not even two seasons cutting.

The chap I bought mine off doesn’t sell robots at all now, because of the amount of hassle/phone calls he was getting.

Says it all really.

it will be a self propelled mover for me from now on.

As I said seems you bought an expensive machine with too much to go wrong with it.

It's not really a statement to not buy a robotmower. The same could be said for any fancy machine. The more bits the more likely hood of failure.

I have a powered push mower for a strip out at the road but you wouldn't catch me near one for the entire garden.

They only sell a newer version R800 which has less coverage.

Probably cannibalising husqvarnas entry level market. (They own mccullogh) so they stopped making them.

It did everything the mower at 2K where doing but at a third the price.

So they made an 800 which covers less and increased its price by about 600 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

I'm looking at a landlord or Kress model at the moment, wondering how robo mowers in general deal with goal posts and nets. Don’t want the nets ripped up on the first day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

If the net is long and on the ground it will rip it.

If the net is tight and off the ground you will be relying on the mower to hit the ground bars and bounce off them. If the bars are narrow then the mower might drive over them, rip the net and then get stuck. So, its a depends answer!

You'll need to see what the mower does when it hits the ground bar and then possibly section the goals off if its a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

I bought one of those, an L15 delux. It worked very well for the first 15 months, then had a problem which took them 8 months to fix under warranty. It then failed again within 3 months. This time they told me it was out of warranty. Had to take them to the small claims court to get my money back. Now looking for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

I have a Husqy and have boundry wire around goalposts so it wont go near them. The net would be the least of my worries, getting caught around the blades and going unnoticed could spell disaster for motors etc

• Advertisement

The motors designed to stop when over pressured. As the blades catch for example cordyline australis leafs. Which are in effect strands of cord.

Their will be zero impact on your motor. The machine will stop.

As for goalposts tape all the outer net to the poles with electric tape. The mower will just bump and go opposite way.

Found my cable break with this and up and running again

Check this out! https://amzn.eu/d/eLtqoeX

Handy tool to have

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I’m heading for 10yrs with mine and never had a cable break. The cable is quite strong so I’m curious how the cable gets broken when it’s underground?

I know some have had dogs dig it up but apart from that it shouldn’t break unless it’s not the proper cable.

Mines not fully underground.. I had a cable connector that I forgot about that seems to have let water in and the cable break..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭denismc

I have 2 sections of cable, one section is underground installed by the installer with a trenching tool, the 2nd section is overground installed by myself.

Nearly all my breaks have been in the underground section.

My theory is that the installer applied to much tension when laying the cable and it got damaged when it came up against stones and pebbles.

The damaged section then corrodes and swells over time and eventually it's unable to carry the voltage.

My breaks are rarely clean and are very hard to locate, but they usually seem to occur after very cold or very dry weather which causes a bit of soil movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭poker--addict

So the Husq prices seem misleading...

correct me if I am wrong, the new nera 320 is about 2,900 euro BUT for the wireless function you need to buy the EPOS satellite aerial piece, at 1300euro?

so around 4200euro, the navimow is 2800euro? Fair price difference

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭denismc

As I understand it that extra piece is an option for large gardens or gardens with signal interference so not a requirement for everyone?

Just read a review that says the "optional" Epos kit is a requirement for wire free mowing which makes the whole thing a lot pricier. The pricing is a bit misleading tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Yes so not really optional given they advertise nera as wireless. Like saying Tesla is 40k but you need to pay 30% extra or 13k for a special plug.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Our two Yardforce cheap and bog standard mowers got released again for the year on Saturday and have the place under control fairly quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bridget Clarke

How much can I expect to be charged for having my Husky 315X serviced, does anybody know? It's 2 years old, never gave me an ounce of trouble & I just want to keep it that way. Thanks

Advertisement