Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Went fully through.... 60 cents for HiFi family

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

My last payment went through 24 August (Argentina). Revolut virtual card. Are we 100% sure that this won't work going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

Just on the Tidal Nigeria payment issue - it wouldn't work for me either (Revolut) until I remembered to turn the VPN off at the payment stage.

30 day trial so hopefully the Argentina situation will be confirmed either way by then...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I tried that but no joy. Do you turn off VPN on the page that you enter CC details on or when you select plan?

• Advertisement

Think it was at CC details.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Brilliant, just got mine to work through Nigeria using this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I had VPN on, set to Nigeria.

Went through the plan process, select HiFi.

Entered name and card details, click on the T&C ticks.

Then just before I hit enter, I turned the VPN off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

Mine was today, was taken from Revolut as normal, no issues, it's gone up from 49cents to €1.51

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mine too, right on schedule. Revolut virtual MasterCard. 1.01 which is what I was paying 2 years ago.

Mine, too, 11pm last night. No issues and the cheapest it's ever been (60c for family hifi+ 😲).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭deadduck

Went through for €1.01 for me today too. N26 MasterCard

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

I have a virtual Mastercard from Revolut. Payment went through last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭ooter

My tidal went through for this month on revolut, 39c.

That's the cheapest ever, last month it was €1.95 and the month before 53c.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Tidal took ARS 300/EUR 1.02 today, as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,356 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

So, are most people's going through? What's the difference for the people that didnt go through then?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

I'm confused by my Argentina subscription. I had been paying $145 per month for a year or two for a family subscription. But it was $589 for one of the months and now back to $145 now. Anyone had the same?

Yeah that happened to me last month, no idea why. Back to the normal price this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I got this email (in Spanish only) a week or two ago. It might be related to it. Looks like they are increasing their price and increased without notifying in error, so they reverted back to the lower rate for your September only payment maybe.

We are writing to inform you that, due to a technical error, you were not notified of the price increase of your subscription. As of August 1, 2023, the price of your HiFi Family subscription has been changed to $589, but due to the aforementioned error, we will honor the price of your original subscription for one month from your first billing date after August 17, 2023.Below, we'll break down in detail what you'll need to pay and when. On your next payment date after August 17, 2023, you will pay $145 through the payment method you have chosen and registered. Your HiFi Family subscription will then be priced monthly to $589 on your first billing date after September 25, 2023.

Big jump but still worth it, works out about 2 euro a month

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

That explains it. Anyone know what a standard individual subscription costs in arg$

• Registered Users Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Perhaps they havent introduced the ban on foreign cards yet, there might be an introductory period.

Hopefully dont have to move again as Im not sure if its possible to export my history and mixes, I had to restart after my move from Turkey to Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭lau1247

Foreign bank issued card aside, anyone got further email about further price increase?

Gmail translated the Spanish as follows

From September 25, 2023, we will change the price of TIDAL HiFi Plus FamilyHello Andy,The price of our HiFi Plus Family subscription will go up on September 25, 2023 to $890. We want to remind you that your HiFi Plus Family subscription will automatically renew with the new monthly price of $890 from the first billing date that applies to you or from September 25. The new amount of the subscription will be paid by the payment method you have registered, unless you cancel it before said date.You can modify or cancel your subscription at the address: account.tidal.com .If you currently pay a discounted rate for TIDAL HiFi Plus Family , starting September 25, that rate will be applied to the updated HiFi Plus Family price listed above.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

mine bumped up last month, looking back they did email me about it in June, gtran:

The HiFi Plus subscription price will rise to $570 on August 1st. Your subscription will automatically renew at the new price of $570 on August 1 or your next billing date (whichever comes first). The new amount will be charged to the payment method you have registered, unless you cancel before said date

Post edited by surfin_shoes on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mine went from 145 to 570 aswell.

Which (somehow) works out as 48c increased to €1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Rustyman101

My Argentine sub went through today ! Thankfully was dreading all the messing about again

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

I'd been using tidal Argentina for a fair while, cancelled a couple of months ago due to a few factors, mostly due to the iphone app misbehaving but I eventually figured out that was due to requests being blocked by my dns server so thats resolved. Also I hated that "Live" thing at the top of the app taking up the first row - there's now a toggle in settings for this so can be got rid of.

Just posting to say it was as easy as ever to sign up via argentina as a new user (and to renew and existing lapsed account), using VPN Unlimited and a mastercard revolut - as simple as turning on the vpn and signing up as normal. Also noticed that they offer a 30 day free trial, but they also have a checkbox for an "extended" trial of 60 days, which costs only 20c for an individual hi-fi account. Full price appears to be around the euro mark now (380 pesos) so if anyone needs that extra 80c over the next two months... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Darwin

My subscription eventually lapsed as I just couldn't get it to accept my revolut single use mastercard (also using VPN Unlimited) so I switched to S. Africa one of the next cheapest options. Must see if I can renew my Argentina sub again.

Advertisement