Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moon landing hoax

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Indeed, here's the video of the grid

Here's a site showing the experiments done in front of the grid

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

These guys have got to be part of the conspiracy now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,842 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The ISS is visible and there is documented proof of it from hundreds of thousands of observers. To suggest it is a drone is without basis given the height that it has been observed at.

To suggest we are completely reliant on NASA is a therefore a falsehood.

To suggest "anyone can fake those" similarly is without basis.

Your claims are completely lacking in credibility. Your objection to the moon landing is fundamentally based on your theory of space flight, that it is impossible.

It is a central point to your allegations against NASA and other organisations engaged in space flight, if we have established proof of their credibility on whether space flight is feasible, is in fact a routine operation for them.

If satellites and the ISS are real, then space flight is possible. It then becomes a question of the practicality of manned space flight to the moon.

It is therefore entirely relevant to point out that to believe your alternative theory, one must also believe that the ISS, satellites, all uses on earth relating to satellite technology are part of the conspiracy.

And therefore it is entirely valid to ask questions as to the motivation of multiple countries over a span of decades to engage in their charade with satellites and space flight. Entirely valid to ask why supposed enemies such as the USA and USSR during the Cold War would give their opponent a free pass even as it hurts their prestige eg the US with Sputnik, the USSR with American moon landing. Entirely valid to ask why further countries such as China and India would continue this charade.

But we don't get any such coherent credible answers.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You've got to wonder if those who back it all being one big conspiracy genuinely believe what they say, or are they just trolling for the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

https://youtu.be/P_6my53IlxY?t=785

Oh no the green screen!

So now that's been disproven, very easily in fact, I guess it's time to go ahead and disregard all of that evidence right? Maybe even question the abilities and motives of anyone spreading that around as evidence and maybe move onto something else, seeing as it can be debunked trivially?

Nahhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement

In my experience it's a mix.

Some do it for the laugh, some do it to stick it to the "the skeptics" or science or whatever, some genuinely believe it, and some live in a bizarre world where they know it's false but they can't break character and keep pushing it - and everything in between.

These two videos prove that the ISS cannot possibly be a drone or other form of aircraft:

This one explains how the height and speed of the ISS can be measured.

This one details more the logistical impossibilities of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There was a piece of incredible footage from Apollo 11 featured in 'Something Funny Happened on the way to the Moon' that I've never seen before.

Went digging for the footage itself and it's on youtube in it's entirety:

The most interesting parts are those of the astronauts trying to get a shot out the viewing port of earth.

Around the 30 minute mark you see the camera zoom out and what was once a closeup image of earth floating in space now has a light beside it, some movement in front of it, the lights then come on and you get to see the actual setup.

Now I can see how conspiracy theorists like Bart Sibrel saw this and immediately thought 'GOTCHA!'

But if you actually watch the video in full, you can see its just the astronauts trying out different filming techniques to get the best shot. They've the lights off because it's simply the best way to record earth in those conditions. At one point later in the video they're trying to figure out a way to get the camera to focus on one of their badges. Just seems like a difficult place to get a decent image. As I've mentioned before, there's no reason to jump to grand conspiracy claims when a mundane answer is far more likely.

They really go into a deep analysis of this video in 'Something funny..', at one point even saying that the movement you see in front of earth is them removing an apparatus to create the blurred terminator line in the earth shots - an absolutely amazing conclusion to jump to from a couple of shadows of movement (which are clearly just the astronaut moving in front of the viewing window, it would make sense that people would be moving around the cabin after the shots were taken).

They also state, as fact, that once the lights go up, you can actually see that earth is 'far bigger' out the viewing window in the background. No you can't, you can't see the window at all, it's just a blur.

It's all just incredibly disingenuous. The type of film that starts with a conclusion and then attempts to get 'facts' to fit the conclusion, speaking them with a ridiculous amount of conviction.

There's a ton of footage and audio from the various missions that never seem to end up in these kind of documentaries. Mostly they only just show edited clips to trick the audience. (A trait shared across all conspiracy media.)

There's some really funny incidents that a lot of people don't know about.

For example this one where the astronauts have a very serious discussion without realising they were on microphone:

Or this one where the astronauts deal with an unknown flying object in the command module:

Would love to know how these incidents fit into the conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Ok so if it looks like they are faking something then it's a training video, gotcha 👍️

...but then they proceed to use this footage and claim it was halfway to the moon? Seems a little off.

Still no explanation for the other videos? Steering clear of the one with the guy clearly grabbing the harness during the somersault. Practice video too maybe?

I am not confusing radar and GPS, even though they both exploit the earth's magnetic field. It is well known in aviation that they use Inertial Navigation Systems (i.e. gyros and dead reckoning) when over vast bodies of ocean. Why fall back on hundred years old technology over oceans when GPS satellites are buzzing all over the place?

• Advertisement

I am not confusing radar and GPS, even though they both exploit the earth's magnetic field. It is well known in aviation that they use Inertial Navigation Systems (i.e. gyros and dead reckoning) when over vast bodies of ocean. Why fall back on hundred years old technology over oceans when GPS satellites are buzzing all over the place?

Planes primarily use GPS (also GNSS) over oceans and land. They also have backup GPS systems and other guidance systems.

GPS is done with satellites. You dispute the existence of satellites, which begs the question how does GPS work according to you?

Also, how does satellite TV work according to you. I can point my dish at the sky, change position, and lose signal, what's going on there?

Why fall back on hundred years old technology over oceans when GPS satellites are buzzing all over the place?

Let's pretend that your claim is actually true and planes don't use GPS over the ocean. (We have plenty of reason to doubt your word on this.)

Let's pretend that there isn't some reasonable explanation for it. (We've seen that this has been the case for every issue you have.)

Your question is framed to imply that if there's no explanation for this, it means that the GPS satellite explanation must be false.

This is tremendously contradictory given the many, many things that you have left unexplained about your theory.

If you're arguing that the satellite idea is false because people cannot provide you an explanation, then you must also accept that your whole premise is false because (to pick one example) you can't even explain why they would go to the bother of this deception in the first place.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

@Marcus Antonius

Yes, you absolutely are. GPS does not have dead zones over oceans, radar does. Show one source for your GPS claim.

Good grief. Do you actually think websites would allow publication of things like this on their platform or scientific journals allow publication of papers relating to "satellites not working over the ocean"? This would be like me asking you for scientific evidence that Putin ordered the killing of Prigozin.

It is all over the internet, people asking why doesn't GPS work over oceans - and it's the same bot answer: "GPS does work, aircraft just need other systems to confirm that the GPS is working" . What a load of BS. Here's one mind-numbing example:

Here's a paper that discusses different systems that are necessary due to the "unreliability" of GPS:

Reciever Autonomous Integrity Monitoring (RAIM) being one common system, designed purely to let the computer know when the GPS signal is lost and regained. Everyone knows commercial airlines are flown by computer. The flightpaths are programmed in based on previous data. Computer systems can only make estimates using Gyros as to how much they need to adjust their course due to wind or other environmental factors. All of this only necessary until they get within range of thier standard, ground-based navigation systems (ADS-B and MLAT (or GPS as you call it))

The SR71 Blackbird used a star tracking technology that could be used during the day. There is a huge amount of research now going into machine learning and AI to improve navigation. Why is all this necessary if GPS is so accessible as you say?

Several contradictions here.

First you are adding hundreds more to the conspiracy by claiming that websites and scientific journals block publication of evidence.

Secondly you then contradict this statement by pointing to what you believe is evidence published to websites and journals.

Lastly, both of your links refer to satellites as if they exist, so in your worldview these sources are lying, therefore cannot be taken as reliable. The people who wrote these must also be part of the conspiracy.

The first line of the first link you posted immediately contradicts you.

"Well, most airlines do cross the ocean with GPS in today's world."

The first line of your second link contradicts your position

". System Description. The Global Positioning System is a satellite-based radio navigation system, which broadcasts a signal that is used by receivers to determine precise position anywhere in the world."

According to you, considering you don't believe satellites exist, how does GPS work?

How does my satellite TV work?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,380 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Also please note that you were asked for a source that states that planes CANNOT use GPS over oceans and that there are "dead zones".

Neither of your links support or mention such an idea and contradict it entirely.

I think this demonstrates that there's nothing to support your claim of dead zones.

The links you provided and have been provided show that planes do indeed use GPS over the ocean. You are not able to explain this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Those are additional methods of determining the flight path, as you can never have enough backup systems. Nothing to even hint at GPS not working over oceans, just details of multiple ways to figure out your location.

If I'm going out on long hike in the mountains for a couple of days then I may have my route planned into my GPS watch or phone, but would also have backup compass and paper map and have told people where I'm planning on going. Using old technology like paper map and compass doesn't mean that GPS doesn't work, and telling people where I'm going and when to expect me back doesn't mean that telephones don't work. It's just having backup systems for if something fails.

The SR71 Blackbird used a star tracking technology that could be used during the day. There is a huge amount of research now going into machine learning and AI to improve navigation. Why is all this necessary if GPS is so accessible as you say?

I would expect that a warplane has backup systems in place for navigation in anticipation of ground based and satellites systems having been taken out by enemy actions so that they can still fly and respond as required. Seems pretty sensible for military aircraft, but does nothing to support your claim that GPS doesn't exist.

• Advertisement

Also if the planes designers and operators were aware that satellites don't exist and made design changes to accommodate this fact, then they are also a part of the conspiracy.

Also kinda ironic given that one of the reasons the SR71 fell out of use was the increasing number and effectiveness of spy satellites.

Any comment on the fact you claimed the blue grid was actually used for CGI and background replacement, when it clearly wasn't? That the green ball was used for the "water droplets" when the video showing the green ball proves it was used just for the experiments shown? Why did you assume the green ball was used for CGI tracking? No proof of that, but you went there anyway? Maybe because you tend to fill in gaps in your knowledge with fanciful thinking right? No comment on this no?

Once you have commented why you were so sure this was used as a "green screen" even linking videos showing this, as proof. We can move on to the other topics. But please, let's not skip over this one until you have conceded that you were 100% wrong, and that all the evidence you brought with you was 100% wrong, and therefore the source is unreliable. No point in allowing you to hop between topics, just concede you were wrong.

Point me to the post where I said GPS doesn't exist. I said it doesn't work using flying magical satellites. If my conspiracy theories are so unorthodox, then why do you persist on lying to bolster your position? In fact, if it's so out of the realms of reality then you don't need to be here at all defending anything.

Still waiting for the explanation for why the harness was grabbed during the somersault or how the CGI artist neglected to edit out the harness of the astronaut in the background. Not moving onto the bubbles in space or other CGI glitches until I'm satisfied with these.

No. You claimed that GPS doesn't work over oceans because of blind spots.

This has been shown to be false and you've not been able to supply anything to support that claim.

You've not actually stated how GPS works in your world view or addressed any of the issues brought up with the idea that it doesn't use satellites.

We are still waiting for your explanation for a great many things.

You have claimed that satellites don't exist. GPS stands for Global Positioning Satellites, therefore GPS as the rest of the world understand it doesn't exist in your world.

These are your claims.

For example, you claim that satellites don't exist, okay, but that begs the immediate question as to how does GPS work? You haven't provided any satisfactory explanation, or any explanation for that matter.

You still haven't addressed any motive for all of this, why is the world spending billions sending all these highly expensive rockets and craft and satellites up into space if it's all fake? What's the reason?

There is no harness.. what is it connected to? Nothing there.. Anyway, go back to the green screen stuff, you were wrong about that weren't you?

Why do you persist on lying to bolster your arguments? Everyone knows GPS stands for Global Positioning System, much to your dismay I'm sure.

Your posting is falling below level DH4 of the forum charter pyramid, therefore I will no longer respond to any further posts from you.

________

Warning applied for backseat moderation

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

You made a mistake, so you're out :)

Get a date wrong, a name wrong, make a slip up and it means a) everything you've ever written or will ever write can be dismissed and b) the conspiracy, whatever it is, stands

• Advertisement

But the claim you made was that there were "blind spots" in the system and that planes couldn't use the system over the ocean.

You presented articles that did not support this claim and you've yet to actually show that this is the case.

There's no lying needed to point out that this is a massive, massive issue for your position.

Advertisement