Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 RWC Buildup, Squads, Fixtures 'etc'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

What a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Great kick by Ramos. Some game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shehal

Obviously the media won't put France under any scrutiny but imagine the pelters Ireland would get if they threw away a 27-10 lead...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭noc1980

Scotland are the real deal and are super fit. Not fading like they have in the past. We're undercooked (again) and won't get out of the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Wow, its not even in an Ireland specific thread this week 🤣

Yeah Scotland have come back well..... but not forgetting thet gave away 11 first half penalties, umteen knock-ons and went through a 52 minute period not scoring a single point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Scotland are a great team to come back when the game looks like it’s done. Have to (metaphorically) keep the foot on their throat and not give them any encouragement.

I’m sure Farrell and co will be noting this and working out a way of suffocating them and their backline. With regards France, will be interesting to see how fit they are once the tournament comes around. We backed ourselves in that regards in the 6N.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

The rugby insight is... staggering.

Scotland lost but I won't be asking for your analysis any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭ersatz

Scotland killing themselves with mistakes, dumb penalties and knock ons. They're not far off being excellent though. France are a bit of a mess without Ntamack and Dupont. I'd be raging if Ireland performed like that against Scotland, but a wc warmup with ac couple more to go before the big event...they'll be happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Sure we may aswell not turn up . We haven't a hope, should concede defeat.If only we had the beating of scotland somehow.We are only number 1 because other teams don't try blah blah.

Grow a pair ffs how are we undercooked? We are 1 game inti 3 game build up. If Scotland beat us its because we under preformed. I don't mean to be harsh with this comment BTW,but we are a bloody good team. I think Tonga could turn over the Scots and our game with them could be irrelevant.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭fitz

Scotland close to their best, were very good. France not close to their best, though - you could tell it was the first game for a few guys. They'll want to get up to speed quick though for the NZ game.

If SA are off their game, though...Scotland could give them a shock. I don't think it'll happen, Scotland still make too many mistakes/poor decisions and lapses in discipline, but who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Same goes for us to be fair.

Look Scotland could beat any team in top 10. However by time they play us their depth will really be challenged. Scotland are good but we are their krptonite ( may be spelt wrong) We will beat Scotland and if we don't the world rank8ngs aren't worth a jot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Very impressed by Scotland bar Russell whose goalkicking and wayward kicks/poor decisions will cost them in tight games. Scotland have a good 6 front row forwards and they have a nice give it a go style that gets rewarded in these tournaments.

A few injury worries for France.

Scotland could really turn over that S African side especially if Libbok is taking their kicks. Pollard is a massive loss and their game down through the years has always been dependent on a good goalkicker.

Looking forward to it all now. Hope we have a good tournament.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭fitz

To be fair, everything that could have gone wrong when we played them during the 6N did go wrong, and we still beat them away from home. I'm confident that we have enough to beat Scotland even if we're not quite at our best. Much like France just did.

SA, though, if Scotland can manage to not get out muscled, and that's a big if...I think they are a more creative side than SA, and more likely to score tries. But ultimately, I think their lack of composure and discipline will cost them. Their defense is not good enough, they invariably give away too many penalties under pressure.

Yeah, sure don't bother to spend half a second to see when that was posted (Scots conceding two trys in 4 minutes at the start of second half and looking shell shocked)

I won't be asking you for the time 😉

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Look Scotland could beat any team in top 10

No they couldn't. Which is why they have never beaten NZ, why they've beaten us twice in the last decade, and beaten South Africa twice this millennium. They've never beaten South Africa away from Scotland and have beaten Ireland away from Scotland once since the turn of the millennium.

I should have added" are capable and on their day" I still think we beat them handy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I mean, sure. Technically it's true I guess and it's what Scotland themselves always say, but I think it is worth pointing out that far, far, far more often they don't.

I expect Ireland and South Africa to be 1 and 2 but based on Ireland's previous world cups I expect them to be hammered in the quarter final

The oracle has spoken......

Everyone book something else to do in October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

The Scots probably have a big 80 minutes at the WC in them. Unfortunately for them it could come as 40 mins v SA and 40 mins v Ireland and they lose both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭OldRio

I would not be surprised at all if one of England Australia or Wales make the final. And then, who knows? The teams on the other side of the draw could be decimated with injuries and/or suspensions.

The quality of the squads will be vital but not as vital as luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Given the draw, and the ease with which one of them will get to a semi, its absolutely possible. On current form you could add Argentina into that. im not sure which of those three would comfortably beat Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Watching Farrell's hit again, it is really hard to see less than 5 games of a ban

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Cateym

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭sioda

Without a doubt. We all know he has priors for this and the joke shop tackle school that he previously took. The book has to be thrown at him at this stage and rightly so and he only has himself to blame.

I rather not have to explain a tongue in cheek remark. A response to another poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Does anyone know if the player he hit fail his HIA?

Well he never returned to the field so I would presume he did unless there was another reason he was kept off (which I doubt).

• Advertisement

Using data that's 4 years out of date is usually not a successful way of making predictions.

Advertisement