Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I just tired there to the 3 known Ibans, expect it will bounce again. Last time I tried was April. Once they admitted they were at fault and working to resolve it I gave up too.

My current alternative method:

Revolut > PTSB > AIB Visa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Has anybody else seen "Savings Vaults" in their hub offering very decent APR's?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,874 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Doesn't appear on mine, just the regular vaults

Edit: found the T&C's, looks similar to the service raisin bank are offering in that your savings are held with a different bank

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭feargantae

Nothing on mine either. It'd be great if they launch that here, especially with the daily interest payout

Edit: Aren't you in Germany? It seems it launched in Germany, not Ireland, or the rest of the EU. Pity!

Post edited by feargantae on

@Yggr of Asgard Are you on a Metal account if you don't mind my asking? I saw something from last year that the savings vaults are available to Metal customers only (and presumably Ultra now as well)

With some of those rates available, the interest could pay for the Metal account fees plus some extra, so it's something worth considering 🤔

• Advertisement

I'm Metal and had a look and not seeing it.

Be interested to know their plan and if its an irish account...

Thanks, my guess is that it hasn't launched in Ireland yet, but hopefully soon

I skimmed the legal info linked above and it looks like the money is held by a 3rd party bank, not Revolut

It seems like a similar setup to Raisin bank where you can see various savings accounts from different banks across Europe (and UK and US presumably) and pick which one

Dunno if Revolut will have a selection of accounts available or if it's just with a single partner bank, still to be seen what they have

If it's an EU bank then you're under the deposit guarantee of that country, not the Irish one . So if you deposit in a French bank which subsequently collapsed, you'll have to apply to the French financial authority for compensation

As with all these things, read the T&C's before applying

Don't say anything about French banks collapsing haha. I use raisin and its in a French bank 😁

It does read like a similar service to Raisin but possibly without fixed term? That will be interesting to see alright.

I think they're leaving it open to both, the legal agreement has the possibility for max or minimum terms

Some Savings Vaults may have a minimum or maximum limit on the length of time you can deposit the money. You may not be able to withdraw your money before the minimum length of time has elapsed, or you may have to pay a fee. Any limits like this will be clearly shown in the Deposit Information in the Revolut app when you create the Savings Vault.

It disappeared for me now, looks like it got confused with my location and citizenship not being the same offering me german stuff.

Happend before.

• Advertisement

More problems for Revolut

Revolut’s US payment flaws allowed thieves to steal $20mn

Article here:

Revolut’s US payment flaws allowed thieves to steal $20mn | Financial Times (archive.is)

Darn, hopefully they bring it here soon

Or I guess I could figure out a way to pretend I'm in Germany 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bosco26

Hey, is there a way of getting a physical card without paying a fee? Just set up a joint account. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭raclle

No.

I set up an account recently and just received my card. I tried to log into the app and it won't accept my passcode. I first tried reinstalling the app but didn't work. The forgot passcode gives an option of txt or email but keeps giving an error "something went wrong". I tried verifying with a selfie and photo id but nothing happens. The chatbot doesn't reply and there doesn't seem to be anyone to talk too. The only other option I had was send an email. Is this how they operate? Any ideas on how I get into my account?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I don't see what any of this has to do with getting a card for free?

Previously, when I've re-downloaded the app on a new device, I've been able to log straight in using a combination of PINs and facial recognition, it took no longer than 2 or 3 mins.

If you've failed all these I can only suggest you contact them using the email address provided and see what they say.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Any reason you need a physical card, we have our joint account with Revolut now. Didn't really want to pay for a card and with the virtual card loaded onto our apple and Google pays it's not an issue.

Never actually carry my physical sole account with me either, means my card can't get skimmed at an ATM or POS device either as I tap for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Seregwethrin

I still haven't got an Irish IBAN and having the LT IBAN.

Is this normal?

I'd like to have the Irish IBAN. So many companies make it difficult direct debits with non-Irish IBANs.

The "no" reply was to the previous post. You can't get a physical card without paying a fee. The other part is my own issue. I tried to log in on a different device like you mentioned but the same outcome. They send me an sms verification code but then bypass it to facial verification so I can't input the code. Yesterday they could identify me by facial recognition that went nowhere but today they can't. Its an absolute shambles. Ive to wait now for some generic response that could take a few days.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Sorry, misread that.

Hopefully you can get sorted, don't think there is anything more that you can do.

Finally managed to get it sorted.

I'm going to leave this here for anyone with similar issues as I imagine this happens regularly. I inadvertently went down a different path.

Looking at the system status page, there seems to be a sign in issue which could have also been a factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

This is a bit ocd but bear with me. Basically I have the round up function set up so that when I open the app, my balance is in exact euro amount, no cent. Plus it's a nice bonus that when the balance is low I can check the vault before topping up from my primary bank account. Recently though, the round up doesn't appear to be working right. I have a cent amount in my balance. Money is still getting sent across to the vault so is there anyway to check what's going on?

Try transferring 1c to the vault and see what happens?

So, bit of an interesting fact, you bank balance is actually to something like 8 decimal places, you can only ever see two because that's what the lowest denomination of currency is

I wonder if you balance is something like €20.009 and it's displaying as €20.01 due to a roundup error. But maybe the roundup transfer is triggered from the "true" balance, not the displayed one

This is all total supposition btw, not an indicator of how the app works under the hood

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Thanks, went through the transactions. Turns out there's a vending machine at work that Revlout doesn't do round up on for whatever reason, maybe it's actually in a different currency in the background or something. Anyway mystery solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gijoees

My Dad's account has been restricted even though I gave them all the information required. But the app won't open for me and keeps saying try again later. And of course he doesn't have his passcode (relying on face recognition). I thinking of requesting to close it because have been waiting weeks for it to be resolved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Anyone have Revolut card saved to their Google wallet.

Top it up via Google Pay with PTSB card, but can't link Revolut card to it directly.

Would be handy for paying for non€ things instead of having to input card details manually.

Gets authorised on Revolut side no problem but then Google just says "setup failed, please try again later"

?????

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yup have mine linked to google pay and works fine when I tap my phone or am buying online, used Google pay for the chipper for delivery tonight on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

Hi Kat1170,

I have been having a problem with my auto top-up on revolut for the last couple of weeks. Revolut goes to pending and then a few minute later it goes to declined.

I wonder if the issue you are seeing is similar and if the issue is on the PTSB side?

If I do a manual top-up all is fine.

Anyone else on PTSB having a auto top-up issue?

Yeah, auto top up wouldn't work for a month or so. I presumed it was because I changed my phone. Suddenly started working again last week via Google pay rather than directly by card

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

I might have to try that. Thanks.

• Advertisement

It didn't work straight away either. I left it set and it suddenly started working one of the times I dropped below my top-up limit

Advertisement