Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭Homer

@unkel keep your electric cars. I prefer people to hear me coming 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 65,053 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I use the horn for that. The one on the i3 is actually pretty loud and agressive. Typical for a BMW 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Nice, but ugh. 150km with a light foot on a good day... Not exactly a ringing endorsement for an EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

Not suitable as a main car obviously, but perfect for a second car for the overwhelming majority of people! The car is also being 100% charged up from the sun since I got it and will be for most of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm going to list these one-by-one with better photos, starting with the Omega. There is some interest in the Seiko but all are still available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

So, how do you recognise a timewaster commentor on your classified ad, without them openly declaring?

Well, there is an ad on Adverts.ie for a 2018 Speedmaster, full set, where the last commentor is asking:

"What are the Exact dimensions please?"

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭H_Lime

At least he didn't ask when the battery was last changed

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Johnny1980

Selling my JLC reverso duoface tribute to 1931 . It is published on adverts and will obviously give decent discount to boards user .

https://www.adverts.ie/30807897

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭rx8

Breitling now offering warranty extension for a limited time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I'll consider any offer on these as I have my eye on something that I can't quite afford. On holidays in the South East later this week until the end of the month so can arrange pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Someone offers €1000 on your watch up for €1800 and you refuse saying the offer is too low. 2 days later someone offers €900.

I literally ignore them.

Have a watch up on adverts & chrono for about 3k. Next best chrono with same model number is for 3.7. Would probably settle for 2,750. A little less leeway on chrono due to commission. My best offer has been 2,500 on chrono so far, 2,400 on adverts. Wouldn't call it time wasters but just have to be patient I guess.

See two posts above to explain my adverts lowball offer 🤣

You two should just PM 😁

It's a buyer's market out there for most luxury watch makes (like Omega). I'd say most sellers on C24 would accept an offer of 10-15% below their asking price for a not super hot Omega and that's before C24 takes €200 off a €3000 watch as commission and then there are complications with shipping, the money being in escrow and the buyer could well not accept it, you'd have to relist it, somebody has to pay for the insured return, etc.

With an asking price of €3k on C24 for your Omega, I would personally accept a reliable €2400 offer on adverts (from a regular in this forum), but no doubt if you have the time and patience to wait a few months, you might get several hundred more

It's difficult to sell on chrono what with commission and shipping unless you have something in big demand, but I've sold there before and it went well. But ye I prefer adverts.

When I put up something on adverts I always have 10%-15% in mind for negotiations. 2,700 is 10% and on a good day and with a good feeling about the buyer I might take 2,600 but 2,400 is just a tad too low. Thankfully I'm not in a rush.

people on adverts will usually want more that 10%off and that doesn't make them time wasters it is just part of the game, a time waster for me is someone that makes an offer and doesn't pay or arranges to meet between cork and dublin and doesn't show up which has happened to me, what i am getting lately is people asking to look at the watch but haven't asked anything about it so that puts me right off after i had a woman look at a tag for an hour and accuse me later of having a fake even with box and papers and the watch was still in warranty

Looking for more than 10% or 15% off is not time wasting. It's a genuine offer and I would thank them for it. Sometimes I might even accept that offer. Thankfully I never had no shows or idiots. Adverts can be slow but over the years it has been a very positive experience for me for all sorts of stuff as a buyer and a seller. I love it.

@CalamariFritti - "When I put up something on adverts I always have 10%-15% in mind for negotiations."

Yes, that's reasonable, depending on what you are selling. You wouldn't put up a Rolex sports and expect to give 15% discount or you just mispriced it in the first place. On the other hand I have accepted offers of 30% less than what I was asking, simply as there wasn't much demand out there. That was not for a luxury watch, more for a lesser known microbrand or something like that

And 15% off your asking price of €2950 is €2500. That's only €100 more than your bottom line!!

Go on @CantGetNoSleep, surely the two of you can do a deal here, I don't think I've ever seen such a small difference between bid (€2400) and ask (€2500) that wasn't overcome 😂

• Advertisement

Lol I’m obviously having a bit of a ‘slow’ moment. So we’re actually talking about my AT here?

In which case I'm going to be frank with you since we're all like minded gents here.

I bought that AT a year ago for 3,100 on c24. Maybe I paid a little too much for it I dont know but I dont think so compared to other offers for the same ref. Plus it's in perfect condition.

Then not so long ago I bought another watch which looks to be a watch-for-life sort of thing and between the AT being a bit too dressy and never gotten much wrist time to begin with and the lifer the AT is out of favour and needs to go.

Reason being that I simply can't afford to own an expensive watch that I dont wear and neither can I afford to drop 700 on the same. Spiritually I'd like to see it going to an enthusiast from here but dropping 500 is right there at the pain threshold.

Didn't I tell you about the Rolex ;-)

Up to you of course. The market is considerably down now compared to this time last year. And achieved prices on adverts are considerably lower than asking prices (or even achieved prices) on C24.

If I got that offer on a not so hot (but beautiful) Omega with no box or papers, I would probably have accepted rather than wait it out for possibly several months to squeeze a few hundred extra out of it (if you're lucky)

But that's just the realist in me. Plenty of people have proven me wrong by getting more than I expected them to get on adverts before (but most don't)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I don't think I've ever seen such a small difference between bid (€2400) and ask (€2500) that wasn't overcome 

if only there was a well placed Speedie going for a song to help bridge the gap 😉

okay so a quick bit of googling and looking at previous sales with full set etc and the price has dropped on the used market quite a bit in the last six months, looking at it from an objective point of view there was an offer of €2400 on the table and lets say it was cash so no fees to PayPal etc and you could have possibly taken it to private message and raised them up a touch so everyone is happy.

selling on advert can be very fickle and i would always be wondering how long before another offer comes along and in the meantime the watch could end up needing a service which off the top of my head is a €1k hit from omega and the value could drop even more as people are dropping watches to free up cash flow.

I hear you although not quite agree but out of curiosity why would a watch sitting in a box not running need a service all of a sudden?

watches need servicing and can develop issues at anytime wether it is being worn, kept on a winder or just left in a box for the oil to dry up if we knew the answers to when and why they need servicing we wouldn't be paying omega a fortune for a service

i sold a quartz tag heuer and when i went to set the date for the new owner the date wheel mage an awful sound and it was goosed

i sold a rolex on chrono24 not long ago and the crown came out completely when i was about to wind it

up to yourself how you wish to handle the sale obviously and i wish you the best of luck with it

Yes and my house could come crushing in on me tomorrow, too. Sorry but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

My watch is the cheapest on the market by a long way. That will have to do for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭893bet

I sold you the more modern version of the AT…with full box and papers….two years+ ago during peak watch …..for less than your bottom line on that 😀😀. (And my loss was a lot more than you are talking of here).

Take the sale and move on is always my advice. Sooner your sell the soon the pain of the loss disappears. Cconsidering watch market has dropped, you bought on C24 (expensive) and from a dealer (expensive as dealer margin included when you bought it! or are you offering the buyer his money back in 2 months time if it developes a fault?).

Life is too short but YMMV.

Like Archie said. It’s got to hurt a little.

Advertisement