Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Prodigy (animated children's series)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Is Chokotay in an alternate timeline do or the Prime Timeline as he had already gone to the future before the events that happened in Prodigy Supernova oarts 1 and 2.

I suppose them events happening could change the future Chokotay is in now or because he was already there maybe not and they go off on a different branch to creat another future one where the Federation never come into contact with Solum so the Diviner and co never try to go back into the past to destroy the Federation or Starfleet so you go round in circles lol. OK I will stop now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭corkie

@AMKC so you go round in circles lol

Yes, you could Rattle Your Brain trying to figure out the cause and effect when time travel is involved.

The TIMELINE of Star Trek: Prodigy Explained

Doesn't really explain the alternative timelines.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just binged 11-20. Good show overall. Plenty of scope for Season 2, The Search For Chakotay, Ascencia and Dreadlok still out there.

Some of the plot points were a bit face palm, like when Dal body swapped, he should have made some sort of better effort to act like Janeway and call off the attack. Morse code came up, something on the Protostar could have been set to flash code at the Dauntless I would have thought, or a ship like what they used to escape could have ejected one of them who could have tried to explain why they can't talk to the Protostar.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭Stark

A lot of facepalm moments in the body swap episode alright. But I suppose at the end of the day, it's still a show about kids and it would probably be more unrealistic to expect them to be fully adult competent. Especially without Training Hologram Janeway supervising them like in the case where Dal was on his own on the Dauntless.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So even though season 2 is in post production, this has been cancelled and now they're trying to find a new home for both seasons, as the first one seems to be getting pulled by Paramount+ as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ffs

It was a decent show and deserved its place

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

The surprising decision to remove the series—which will mean a tax write-off for the streamer, a tactic we’ve also seen recently from Disney+ and Warner Bros.—affects a handful of other Paramount+ series beyond Prodigy, including ....

Shame about that, at least season 1 was a self contained season, if a tax write-off does that mean Nickelodeon won't be able to show it either, unless a new buyer takes it of P+?

Edit:- Nickelodeon is owned by Paramount.

We will probably never find out if they managed to save Chakotay from the alternative future?

Edit 2:- Garrett Wang reportedly said Harry Kim's character "belongs" to Star Trek: Prodigy, which he said is the reason his Picard season 3 role was cut.

Post edited by corkie on

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Gutted, was really looking forward to season 2. Hopefully it gets picked up. Maybe Nickelodeon will pick it up? They carried season 1 didn't they?

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Half-way through the first season and this is a shame. Getting very sick of these networks pulling shows from their services and canning seasons that are already made (such as 'Snowpiercer' which has its fourth season ready to air but has been shoved away). Hopefully the Trek name will attract some interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Yeah, real pity with that. Did not expect the series to grow on me as much as it did, and the early episodes were rough. But it turned out to be a grand show to have on in the background doing other stuff. Grand story and short episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well crap!

Ms

Awe that's a pity. Can not see it going anywhere else as it is Star Trek and ever since that fan made debacle a few years back Paramount are very Strict in who can make Star Trek now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Star Trek: Prodigy series has not only been cancelled ahead of its previously-announced second season, but the show will in fact be removed from Paramount+ and Nickelodeon entirely. ~~ https://blog.trekcore.com/2023/06/star-trek-prodigy-cancelled-paramount-plus-removal/

Paramount owns Nickelodeon.

They might sell the rights to stream, the first two seasons. But not the rights to produce more.

Is it already to late? or can it be saved from a TAX Write-off?

Literally just started showing it to the kids as a Trek gateway.

They bloody love it. Screw you anyway Paramount

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

I'm three episodes in....it's very 'kidish'. I've come directly in from Picard Season 3 and Lower Decks Season 3, so this is very Nickelodeon in comparison. The Protostar is absolutely beautiful I'll say that. Does the show improve?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Yes it does. It never gets too heavy but does stay very engaging.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's still getting settled and establishing things by that point. It has some surprisingly dark elements later on.

This is an idiotic decision. This is the gateway for a whole generation to Trek and they sh1tcan it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,527 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

This thing of a show having to be removed as well as cancelled is a joke.

It's hard enough when a show you like is cancelled but to make it so that you can't even watch it again sucks.

I was saying over on a Discovery thread that Paramount is rumoured to be in a fair bit of trouble.

• Advertisement

Good job that my friend Harry Mudd gave me an isolinear chip...

• What Else Is Different In Star Trek's Alternate 25th Century?
    • How Will Gwyn Unite The Vau N'Kat?
    • Is Janeway's New Ship The USS Voyager-A?
    • Will More Voyager Characters Join Star Trek: Prodigy?
    • How Are Chakotay And His Crew Faring In The Delta Quadrant?
    • Will We See More Mr. Murfy No Shoes In Star Trek: Prodigy Season 2?
    • Where Did Jameela Jamil's Vindicator Go In Star Trek: Prodigy's Season 1 Finale?
    • Whatever Happened To Jankom Pog's Crew?
    • Will Starfleet Ever Accept Dal And The Other Augments?
    • Can Star Trek: Prodigy Complete Its Original Delta Quadrant Mission?

Guess we will never know, unless the rights to stream the 2 seasons are sold.

Flight of the Protostar - A Star Trek Fan Production (2023)

Even the fan community is getting behind the effort to save the show.

Bloody hell, my kids absolutely love this. They have had zero interest in Trek up to now and are now complaining that I am only doing an episode or two a day.

Fecking Paramount

This contest is open to TrekCore readers worldwide through Twitter and Facebook.

The comments section of this article will not be considered for contest entries.

A chance to win some merchandise if anyone is interested?

Bloody hell, the ending of the 2nd last episode. This show is far more respectful of kids than any crap my kids watch.

They are now massive fans, my son spent the episode pointing out ships which looked like "evolved" (thanks Pokemon for destroying the meaning of that word) versions of the Conny Class.

I know that Paramount is struggling badly but their drive for quarterlies is sacrificing the next generations of Trek fans here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Indeed - this is the downside of streaming services. You don't own anything and your favourites can be removed at any point and physical copies may/may not be available either.

Always good to have a few chips lying about the place just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Just read this on Google a few minutes ago.

Absolutely gutted. I thought when the era of streaming began that the days of good shows being cancelled was over but it is actually worse.

If the streamers would stop making that “reality” garbage they’d have the money they need now. And Igers nonsense about Marvel Disney+ shows distracting the creatives from movies - they are all being made by different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

Well, you weren't wrong folks. I'm just over half way through the season, it's shaping up nicely. I'm enjoying it now

• Advertisement
    Ms

Absolutely gutted. I thought when the era of streaming began that the days of good shows being cancelled was over but it is actually worse.

I would say it is worse because there is more shows than ever and people have more choice and so of course some shows are not going to do well and are unfortuntely some are going to get cancelled.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement