Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Those Dunlop tyres at the nw200 wtf ?

Spoilt the final superbike race

Hickman was fast before he had problems and will surely dominate the TT. Glenn Irwin making his debut I think still

Hickman is flying as expected

Glenn Irwin putting in a good showing first-time

Michael Dunlop a creditable third in the superbike race j think a few retirement helped move him up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Delighted for Hickman

Ya the guy is so relaxed

Hard for Michael Dunlop to compete against these guys now that are doing the British championships

Michael Dunlop with a TT win today .Gotta like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

Put it on a spoiler FFS. Been trying to avoid the results until it's televised later on like most people I would guess.

😞

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Speedline

Rubbish. Just avoid the thread until you see the highlights later. You are not forced to read the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

Davy Morgan rip. Absolute legend of road racing, been in the paddock for as long as I've been following road racing.

Thanks for the memories Davy.

The bikes are not getting any slower

Think it was that muppet Fogarty that first broke 120

Johnathan rea knocked off him off his perch anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

Will there be any motor bike racing in Ireland this year?

The lack of insurance seems to be the death knell of the sport. If we lose it for one year I don't think we will ever get it back.

The sport hasn't been helped by people involved in it taking insurance claims. Surely we know the dangers if we're racers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Calendar in the six Counties is gone anyway. Not certain about road racing planned in the Republic.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 633 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Oh you say that but you wouldn't believe some of the stuff I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Mondello motorbike circuit racing is now gone for 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Toprak off to BMW! Didn't see that coming after him testing the MotoGP bike with Yamaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

Seriously? Wow, also didn’t see that coming. VDM out the door then?

I wish JR was as ruthless with his moves. Stayed too long on the Honda by at least 2 years and I feel like it’s the same now with Kawasaki.

or is everyone just waiting/hoping for Alvaro to retire!

I get ya! I really hope Kawasaki aren't stringing JR along the way Honda did.

I think he is hoping he will be allowed get back the full rev range but even if that

happens I can't see Bautista getting beaten.

I normally go to Portimao for this, but the flight this year alone is €305!!!

TT underway , good to see MD up there

Clicked on a random link just there and realized i was listening to some random robot generated waffle

TT Live is well worth the subscription.

Ya i was going to but I like the TT twitter feed and manx radio commentary

Just seen upthread there i was drunk posting on Fogarty a while back. He's not the worst, TT legend himself just a touch of arrogance about him

They're all legends and TT is growing all the time in status

I sometimes have the radio commentary on when watching it. Chris Kinley is brilliant.

• Advertisement

AI can never replace the likes of Sylvain , laverty and hodgson on bt sport thankfully

Well done Michael, more to come over the week.

Man and machine versus road . There's no one better

Made up for Mike Brown. Fantastic result and brilliant to see Eddie Laycock fettling the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jonnreeks

Hi all,

Just curious to know which series are bike fans into at the present!

MotoGP or WSBK

To be honest I follow both, but do find that World Super Bikes is currently, especially over the past three years more exciting then MotoGP.

Maybe because of the Toprak, Bautista & Rea battles!

🏍️

Moto gp for the commentary and the sprint plus Marquez is back making it interesting

Still both. But the combination of Bautista and the Ducati being unbelievable is making it a bit boring.

The Kawasaki is really poor, even Alex Lowes has had enough and is finished with them at the end of

the year. Toprak to BMW can only be a good thing.

But my favourite series at the minute and has been for a long time is BSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Are kawasaki releasing an updated bike next year or where is the performance update going to come from?

Good race there

• Advertisement

Dunno he can't compete anyhow with Ducati

A few flashes like Marquez is doing with a pole position

Advertisement