Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Morning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah exactly. I’m wondering if there’s more in the wings. He’s technically not done anything wrong or illegal afaik. His main vice is being a prïck to fellow presenters and she staff behind the scenes and being a serial liar but the fallout seems very severe given what he’s actually done. His talent agent has also dropped him and he’s left ITV so I’m guessing there’s a lot yet to come out and probably the amount of stuff is the real issue. I am probably wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,594 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

He had a relationship with a younger colleague. Someone he appears to have been instrumental in getting hired into the role. And someone he had had contact with from when they were 12, and then again at 15 on social media. He denied this relationship to his employer in the face of rumours of inappropriate professional conduct from other colleagues.

And then there was some falling out which lead to the other party being moved to a different role in ITV and then seemingly out the door. Possibly tried to sell story to newspapers and prevented by super injunction.

https://limegoss.com/phillip-schofield-timeline-events/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,594 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,698 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Apparently there was an accident at one of the NTAs with Phil, Holly and Matthew

Holly knew way more, she is backtracking now

Lady Colin Campbell saying everyone knew about Phil

I think Phil used his power with ITV to get the young fella a job as he wanted to crack on to him, Phil must have been seen as Mr. Untouchable Gold by ITV that he could get colleagues fired too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

There's photos of the runner who's upset approaching Holly after Phil allegedly had security remove him from the awards ceremony after the runner got upset and told Phil he loved in in front of others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,378 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can anybody remember when the rumours about this started online?

Around the time Schofield came out as gay 2-years' ago. There were rumours not only within This Morning but outside it.

Dan Wootton claims to have made a complaint at the time, and I believe Ruth Langsford did, too. Others, such as Lady Colin Campbell, claim that everyone knew what was going on.

And bizarrely social media played an enormous role. I actually didn't listen to the rumours on social media over the past number of years, I put it down to some kind of circulating conspiracy theory. But social media stayed strong on the rumour, and that no doubt added some degree of pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,378 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

@[Deleted User]

Thanks for the reply. I remember it at the time and people sort of talked it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

There’s a video posted in 2020 that explains the real reason for Phil coming out- goes into quite a lot of detail much of which we’re hearing now in the press for the first time but very similar to information contained in that 2020 video - I guess there’s millions of videos about different things out there, most are conspiracy and speculation but this was erringly accurate

Phil started on kids TV, he always had a wholesome family happy man persona

Of course we don't know when his affair with Matthew started but Phil was in contact with him when he was very young as seen in the photos so imho it still is very icky and I think there was a lot of lies, cover up to protect him, Holly's career is gone down also, she will always be associated with Phil as co hosted many shows, a double act

Phil came out to a big "extravaganza gushing event" on the show which was all staged, lies now we know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think they need to make the partnership Dermot and Holly now. I don’t think Holly deserves to be cast aside because of all this. I would like to see Eamon and Ruth back but that is very unlikely to happen.

After seeing Eamonn's interview last night I don't think we'll be seeing Eamonn and Ruth back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I don't know, I think everyone could end up going...guilty by association even if they didn't know anything.

I think if the show survives it will be with brand new presenters probably younger.

Roman came across very well in the jungle and on gogglebox and is very easy on the eye.

Stacey Solomon might also be a good fit.

Maybe Ryland but I think he's a guest presenter already so maybe not.

Holly and Phil seemed to live in each other's pockets so I'm not 100% convinced she knew absolutely nothing, not even an inkling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭squonk

That’s it. I think if they had a professional relationship only I.e. when the credits rolled she went back to her life and he went back to his separate life and they only met in the context of work you could have sympathy for Holly and just because her coworker was a rotten apple it has no bearing on her. What actually existed though was a close personal relationship as well as a professional one. I know we can make bad choices in our professional relationships but you usually revise things if the other person gives you cause fur concern. She knew well what was going on and had to have known more than she’s letting on and especially before now. I think it’s not a good situation for her to be in really.

Ruth is still on ITV's Loose Women

Phillip Schofield dropped as Prince’s Trust ambassador

• Registered Users Posts: 60,471 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is creepier than anything Phil did.

Dan Wootton is in his element enjoying Phil's downfall as he's been pushing for it for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,716 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If there was any chance of Eamonn getting back, he wouldn’t be doing the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

They both work for GB News ones as odious as the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

I see Eamonn is an OBE! What does that stand for? Obese Bell End?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭trashcan

Never liked Eamonn Holmes. I always felt he was president of his own fan club. Everything he says about Schofield might be right, but I still can’t stand him. Even in that interview he says “I know my limitations” then goes on to say “ I don’t think there’s much I couldn’t do”.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I liked Eamon and Ruth, he especially is a brilliant host and has exceptional people-engagement skills. Ruth was a real stunner in her younger days.

It seems Holly is back Monday, will she address the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

She'd be the most senior presenter of the new partnership on this morning now...not too sure she have the capability and experience in such a short space of time as Schofield had...not her fault of course ...a bit like being the captain of the titanic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,871 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She's either a liar, or are we to believe her when she claims to be an absolute clueless airhead who knew nothing. Either way both should eliminate her from doing the Job. She was at the NTA's with '' that young guy'' , did she not even question why such a low ranking member of staff was front and center on stage with Phillip and her.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

If that was the case Stephen Nolan would also have one....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Pop bitch is a decent read this week, hinting that Eamonn has his own skeletons in the closet, I don't doubt he has tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭madeiracake

Did phil learn nothing from Kevin spacey's spectacular shooting himself in the foot. Phil now claiming it's homophobic if someone doesn't approve of his affair. What an absolute kunt.

Advertisement