Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you know someone is bad news just by looking at a photograph of them?

• 21-05-2023 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

And I would also follow this question up by asking can you tell someone is bad news (or access whatever else about them) just by their phenotype alone, without being able to make any judgements based on facial expressions or clothing? Do some of us spend too much of our time giving some people the benefit of the doubt when we can know enough just by one look? Should we even be bothered trying to put our finger on why we don't like someone.

Take this first photo. Leaving aside who this person is (for now) and just from looking at it, I would instantly assume that I would have nothing in common with him. I get the impression that he wouldn't exercise or eat healthy, and that in itself is not a good enough reason not to like someone. I'm just wondering why it is that I'm almost certain I wouldn't like them. I do have to admit that part of the reason that I don't like this person is because they remind me of someone I know who I wasn't to fond of, and it's therefore hard for me to know how much of it is to do with that previous experience. What are your thoughts based on this photograph?

If I saw this next person for the first time, I'd just assume they were a scumbag to a greater or lesser extent. Why though, seeing as his face is expressionless? And it's no surprise that this fella was in fact somewhat of a delinquent who caused difficulty before he got into Love/Hate.

Comments

Advertisement