Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pumphunt - Fuel price search

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭Invincible

Just downloaded the app there after sending it mentioned here. Updated prices for Caseys Roscommon to 146.9 diesel,then saw a updated picture from 4 hrs ago, 139.9 diesel and 154.9 Petrol, so updated again. Great ideas for the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PumpHunt

As I said, station colour is based on your own settings (max distance, max update days). Which determines the order of the stations lists (and colours are based on the list position).

So if you are seeing stations with old prices marked with green/yellow/orange, then try updating your settings to lower the maximum number of days.

*NEW FEATURE ADDED*

If a station name has 'Diesel Only' in its name. It will hide it completely if your fuel type is set to Petrol. Also, it will hide the Petrol fuel price options on the fuel prices page.

So, my request to you guys is. If you see a fuel station that sells diesel only. Please report the station and put 'Diesel Only' in its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭con747

Not being smart but I have never seen a Diesel only "fuel station" in Ireland. Now it's been a while since I drove around the country for a living so maybe things have changed. Or am I missing something?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭keithb93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭con747

They don't sell petrol? New one on me. I'm behind the times!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Collinstown Business Park | TOP Oil Diesel in Dardistown, near Dublin Airport

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Jones Oil (Certa?), Greenhills Rd, Tallaght. Diesel and Kerosene only.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lots of heating oil suppliers, plus older automated stations were often diesel only as there are some legal questions over whether automated petrol pumps are legal (nobody seems to care anymore)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This does mean that I won't see the diesel only station I often update, as I use petrol myself so have that set as my display fuel. However it's updated by others too so won't be missed often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Thanks. There's actually a link/button on the bottom right when you click on a station. It's called 'Report' and you can enter the new name there. Saves me trying to search for all these stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

There’s one in Ennis too

I suppose generally they’re geared more towards HGVs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Is that kip still going? Went there years ago for a while, when my Jetta started running better in applegreen diesel you know it’s bad!

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

*NEW FEATURE ADDED*

I've added a new button under the Search menu. It's called 'Set Position', and it allows you to center the map to any location entered by you in the search text box.

I know a few people has requested this feature before. It will also help if people have disabled/blocked GPS within the app/website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Buffman

Don't forget the duty rises start on Thursday. Petrol going up by €0.21 and diesel by €0.16 spread out over 3 hikes.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

Was able to update prices abroad.

you might be able to push this app for other countries.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

It will work in other countries yes. But fuel stations are not usually listed. They do get added automatically when someone browses the map (it will do a Google Search if it didn't find any and add them).

In other countries, there are actually databases of current fuel prices (like in UK, some EU counties, etc), so there are already apps out there has 100% accurate daily prices. So no need for PumpHunt.

I made this app for Ireland, because there is no such database of prices here.

Very cheap at Spar Crumlin Road, Dublin 12 right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Seeing this message pop up a lot in the last few days. Usually accepts the diesel price but doesn't accept the petrol one. Both updated at the same time and green box pressed. You'll get this pop up and it disappears very fast. The diesel price is recorded but not the petrol. Doesn't happen all the time but more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭POBox19

It probably doesn't belive how expensive petrol is becoming.

PumpHunt has upper and lower price limits, to try to stop invalid prices from being entered.

It seems the fuel prices have increased so much in the past few months that we've reached the upper limit.

I just recalculated the upper/lower limits and applied them to the site. So it should accept your price updates now.

Please let me know if it works ok for you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Just updated Circle K Mulhuddart. They increased their diesel price from 1.72 to 1.82 today. Was gonna fill up but I'd rather do it

when the vat increases so the don't get the profit. Very cynical move by them but the forecourt is very busy so why wouldn't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

It took weeks for the tax decrease to reflect at the pumps... So I presume it'll be weeks before they need to up the price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

A couple of things on this post. I only realised today that I was putting in the premium price is there an option for this?

The premium price today is 1.83/ltr which proves my suspicion that they took advantage of the vat increase and any confusion around same and put on the increase a day before - blatant profiteering.

There is no option for premium prices or other fuel types. And no plans to add those options at present.

I feel it would add extra effort to putting in fuel prices by users. Also the number of users using premium is likely very low. Additional the premium prices can generally be figured out based on the standard fuel prices. So if it's cheaper for standard fuel, it's likely cheaper for premium fuel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Had no problems since making updates. Looks like your change worked.

How do you set the upper/lower limits? Is it manual or via formula like 20/20% above the average prices across the site or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Allinall

Tax decreases went instance in any garage near me.

Methinks you have selective memory.

• Advertisement

I have a spreadsheet to gather prices from https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Ireland/diesel_prices/ (same for petrol).

I then have a formula in the spreadsheet to allow for 20% below and 15% above those prices.

This is a manual process that I have to do, to update the upper/lower limits on the website, so I generally don't do it unless someone reports it, or if I see a lot of errors about invalid fuel prices being submitted.

Advertisement