Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah it was him. Not sure what else he has to do because that won't have taken two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Ahh , cool , I missed that bit (it showed a flash of him in the front seat alrite but I hadn’t connected it was him )

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Very enjoyable finale .... sad to see Bren getting shot dead ... he was a great character ... a pure sbag played very well by the actor ... I sorta knew Frank would do him in in the end .... Michael, Viking, Amanda, Birdie, Anthony all have more to do in season 3 but Frank's main story was his being pushed to retaliate against Bren's constant bullying .... like Hughie in Love/Hate Bren was perhaps too vile to survive long ....

It seems Kin will follow the Peaky Blinders format of a different villain per season ... Eamon in season 1 .... Bren in season 2 ... season 3 will have a new villain ... that Turkish guy who got shot on the orders of the Turkish woman? That friend of Bren's? ... perhaps they hold the key to who the villain may be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I think Bren had to go.

It's difficult enough to survive in that world when the other side is out to get you, but when you are so bad that most of your own side wants you gone too, you are going to have a short life span for sure.

Hopefully someone different but equally as good might replace him.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why did Jimmy just let Bren beat on Frank

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

For the same reason he did nothing to the killers of his own son (Michael's really), he has no balls

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I haven't checked back but did we actually see Frank die? I know he put the gun to his head and BANG!! but I can't remember if we saw anything else before the credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭redn90

We didn't actually see him dead, but he's definitely dead. He finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel he didn't get to see when he overdosed. Plus, as a character, Frank has no more to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

It wasn’t perfect but the show deserves some praise for making a huge jump in watchability from season 1 to season 2. Hadn’t really expected much after a very patchy first season. Bren was such a great villain and huge presence in season 2 though that he’s going to be hard to replace. Also bonus point for The Golden Horde’s, Friends in Time, playing over the end credits. Haven’t heard that one in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

The villain will clearly be Madigan, and the family of the ginger lad who was shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

What I hadn't realised until I read an interview with Sam Keeley (viking) that Rory is played by ex UFC fighter Cathal Pendred.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I think Friends In Time was also played in an earlier episode.

I watched it live on RTE Player so no warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Guildenstern

It's like talking to a child who just won't listen. Let me try to explain it with examples.

If they went to a hospital and were net with a Filipino nurse or a middle eastern doctor, that would be a very realistic take on present day Ireland.

My point is there is little likelihood of black people playing such prominent roles in other parts in a story about gangland Dublin. If they had based Kin in London or New York, certainly so, but not Dublin, even in 2023.

As I said before, actually it's impossible to refer to ethnicity in TV drama before it descends into 'well, you're obviously a racist'.

I'm out of here. Back to the real world where there is common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Some of the Residents in Whitechurch in shock this morning.

Double shootings are rare, even down in the bog.

The Viper is suing for defamation.

Carcetti says beware of gun jams, they are everywhere. I reckon Frank is alive. Like Flash Gordon. " Frank's alive ".

Just goes to show that you would be a fool to underestimate the role of female accountants in the global opium trade. Don't cross them or they will get you whacked in Baldonnell in the back of a Jeep - for 60 grand. You get a bonus if you wear a grey suit.

I reckon the kid is finally going to tell his mam that he is gay, you could see it in his face, the guilt. If he is coming out then I reckon that glock didn't misfire, Frank might be toast after all.

I reckon that open span, two story gaff he was living was a simile on how see through and vacant his character had become?

Up Brid.... " do you want a fry up Bren?" " I tell u wha, why dome u sit down there and watch the laytess crime drama drivvell on are tea eee. fooookin shight so it is..... now dats a righ foookin fry up ..... goo man ur sell. "

Roe roe the Rathlin Bog the bog down in the valley o.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭cms88

For someone whith some such bad to say about it why did you clearly watch the whole thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Leaves some moving parts for season 3. What was the €60k 2 days work Amanda offered to yer man Bren bashed about (can’t remember his name) ?"

He shot yer man of d Baaadooooks, didnt he ? he was driving the Merc Gwagon at the airport and shot him in the ceánn .....

Good episode to finish the season.....

Didnt think Frank would put the gun on himself though ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Brenner was a stupid 1 dimensional cliched character ....

but he was the only one of interest in the show - the rest of them are utterly forgettable.

yet the producers went and got rid of him anyway.

leaving the audience with aunty birdy and the other boring useless gobsh1tes for season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,695 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Considering there has never been so much choice of shows, between the channels and the myriad of streaming services, I can't even watch all of the shows I really like because there are so many.

You really have to respect people who spend their time hate-watching a show just to slate it online, top tier time management 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 67,496 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Didn't see that ending coming. Sorry to see Bren gone and I think they will find it hard to get such a watchable pivotal character going forwad.

A great effort by all concerned though, thoroughly watchable drama.

The usual anti RTE tripe about the pre show warning. (They'd have gotten it in the ear if it wasn't broadcast too, so no win situation for them)

any one of a number of characters could have decided to end their own lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

The lack of police surveillance is a hole in the plot still. I didn’t find the Turkish boss having her brother killed as particularly believable or a smart move. I didn’t find a baldonnell style airport a believable setting for a hit.

its was watchable but character wise it’s a long way off the really good shows. Bren has been doing a lot of heavy lifting this series. Remains to be seen how they fill that vacuum in series 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭cms88

A lot of it is down to the fact Amanda is just a terrible character. Most of the time when she's not involved it's pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭pjordan

FYI He (Turkish guy) was her cousin, not her brother! Was the hit man the same one of Amanda's guys who got bet up with the wheel brace by Bren a couple of episodes back? Also, re the Golden Horde, it was played previously by Birdy when herself and Frank were getting drunk and having a heart to heart. Reakon, as someone else observed, Birdy will take Frank's death very badly and blame herself (Provided he didn't miss and is actually dead!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Enjoyable if a bit messy season 2. As others have said, the pre-programme warning from RTE kind of spoiled the ending a bit, but as @FrancieBrady said, RTE would have got in the neck if the didn't do it, particularly the weekend of Darkness into Light

• Registered Users Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

They could have at least given Frank a whiskey after he shooting Bren before the police arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hmmmm, season 1 finale had a hit at airport, same here. Season 1 finale we all think Frank is dead, same again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Missing Bren already...

'where's the passport?' .....2nd drawer in the office

'Daaaa fuk u doing with an office' 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Spencer101

Michael did the hit in season 1 of the car park of one of the international airports. Allowing that there is airport police in most international airports and CCTV and the ability post 9-11 to quickly cordon off airports- you could question realism of that- but at the end of day its a TV show. Think there was a gangland murder in carpark at Frankfurt airport earlier this year. Find a murder as others have said at a Baldonell type airport a little much. Moroever, Nuray Batuk's bodyguards who initially rushed towards the Merc when the cousin was killed were obviously convinced there would be no checks on them at the airport at all as they were carrying. Frank serves no further role in the storyline. It would be absurd if he had in reality fired a shot into the roof or whatever. Good to see more of Maria Doyle Kennedy- she's often been wasted. Again agree with others that Amanda/ Jimmy are frequently quite dull/bland and not on their own that watchable. But if you put someone else more to the fore perhaps in series 3 Maria Doyle Kennedy they are ok as an ensamble. Guessing Molly will pop up again and Michael and Jimmy's sister. Heard Emmett J Scanlan give a short radio interview yesterday where he was saying he didn't know if there would be a series 3.

Advertisement