Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Every single cast member has been talking to the papers each week, or tweeting teasers, except Francis Magee.

I haven't seen a single thing in the paper attributed to him, he must not be giving interviews about the show at all. Maybe it took a bit of detoxing for him to get out of the Bren frame of mind, it has to take a toll playing a character that twisted

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That was great. Sick to see the end of bren but you can only be a horrible bastard for so long before someone gets ya. Frank was unexpected, I wondered what the point of him all season was, we got our answer in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭De Bhál

As he was getting kicked around the place by Bren earlier in the episode, I said, that's the best bit of acting from Aidan Gillen all season and he hasn't opened his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭8mv

Great end to the season. Glad Aiden Gillan went out with a bang - good performance. As someone else asked though - what was the big job Bren was setting up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Francis Magee was not happy to be written out of the series, he wanted to do minimum 2 series as was the original agreement but the producers reneged on it. Hence he’s done no press for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No IFTAs noms for Kin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I would presume the arc for season 3 is the cops trying to take down the family.

Did rte have to give that warning about suicide at the start really? I had forgotten about it to be honest but remembered then when Frank did the deed so saw that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Aiden Gillen pulled it out of the bag in fairness. I have been critical of him his season but he nailed it in the last episode.

When the awards come around though I still reckon Francis Magee will do well but I think Maria Doyle Kennedy put in an great performance as the sister trying to keep everone in her family balanced while similtaneously being terrified and psychologically abused in her own home. She stil brought out her nasty Kinsella streak in the last episode though when she visited the witnesses mother at her job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Rte spoiled the ending with the warning about suicide beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Anyone recognise the character playing Jess's mother.....she had a minor role as the junky/love interest of Hinds 'the coach' in the movie Veronica Guerin

small shout but I recognised straight away for some reason

So Amanda is going to have a baby, is that what she said to Nuray Batuk at the end?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

Not saying with hindsight but I felt Frank was an obvious killer from early season. He was so pointless he had to do something.

Michael was too obvious, Jimmy and Viking are a pair of gobshites. Birdy was probably next most likely after Frank.

So, the hit-and-run victim was a relation of the lollypop kids, is that all?

The Molly storyline is still up in the air too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭threetrees

Not sure if Chuck from Glenroe is able to take down the Kinsellas!

That's 2 great actors gone for Season 3 now, you'd have to imagine the collaboration with the Baaaadooooks will be big in S3, and the baby that Amanda is carrying! Presume that's Mikey's after the one night stand. That's going to make Jimmy feel inadequate.

No mention of pharma lady at all, that was a red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I've never seen a man shorter than his mother as in Anthony's case.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Photobox

Thanks! Was bugging me alright how I knew the face. I thought it was excellent ending. I had it recorded and missed the warning at the beginning thankfully..

^^True, the actor is 19. This image is from Season 1 so I guess he'd have been 17 here

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The actor playing Anthony is related to the director. McKennas.

Anthony has something to tell Amanda!!

I killed the lollypop kids

My driver killed their relation

Bren killed the driver and buried him in a barrel full of foam

I went back to the hit-and-run scene and I think I was spotted

I've been very busy Mum

That wasn't explained very well at all. Based on that scene all we know the woman knocked down was called Angela, and presumable Glen's family either knew her (local to the neighbourhood maybe) or possibly a relation. The picture of her at the vigil didn't really look much like the woman laying in the road but that scene was so dark it was hard to tell.

The woman who spotted Anthony and told d'mother was going to lay the teddy bear where Glen died which was close enough to the hit and run spot I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Jesus life came at Anthony fairly fast tonight, watching his wannabe Heisenberg grandad in action 🤣

Must say i really enjoyed this season. Bren will be a loss. Looks like the Kinsellas and Badooooooooks have formed a strong and formidable partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Entertaining season overall. Agreed about Bren. This show needed a big over-arching presence and I’m disappointed to see him gone.

Aiden Gillen has done what he did with his love/hate character and moved on after only 2 seasons.

Leaves some moving parts for season 3. What was the €60k 2 days work Amanda offered to yer man Bren bashed about (can’t remember his name) ?

hopefully we don’t have to wait another 2 years to find out

No i think one of the relatives of the lollipop lads happened to be paying her respects to the girl who was knocked down in the same incident and spotted Anthony.

Was the driver of the SUV who shot the Batuk guy at the airport/field the guy Amanda offered the 50k and 20k bonus to if all went well?

• Advertisement

The €60K was for shooting Hamza in the aircraft hangar. He was the guy in the front seat of the jeep that shot him

Advertisement