Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sasha Banks and Naomi walk out of Raw mid taping (Backstage drama Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Nah as pointed out in the comments that was just a cardboard cutout of her

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Talk now Banks is done with WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was always a fan but they don't need her really. She'll be back eventually if/when the Hollywood career doesn't pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Banks has been trademarking a whole of things linked to her real name that sound similar to names she would have used in the WWE

Mercedes Mone', Mone' Talks, Bank Mone', Statement Maker

• Advertisement

Fightful reporting that Mercedes negotiated her release from the WWE months ago and her non compete ends in December 31st and she is free to take outside bookings from the 1st of January 2023.

Which would seem to back up her reported appearances for NJPW starting at Wrestle Kingdom on January 4th.

No word if Trinity got the same release deal.

It is being reported now that Sasha wanted the same money Becky & Charrlotte were on however the WWE didn't think she was worth that kind of money and would not be a main eventer for the next five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She's far more popular than Charlotte but she never reached Becky's level of being over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I read that WWE management don’t see much long term in terms of Sasha apart from the return ratings bump and I can’t say I disagree. There’s not exactly a huge Sasha and Naomi shaped hole in the WWE at the moment is there? They’re fine without her. Feel bad for Naomi though, from what I read she got caught up in Sasha’s desire to make a statement and well, now no one really cares what she gets up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep. All reports seem to be about Sasha, while Naomi only seems to get mentioned if she's along with Sasha.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Smackdown could do with Sasha tbh, the women's division is a dumpster fire at the moment but Raw is absolutely stacked. She's phenomenal in the ring but a bang average promo similar to Bianca. Though that might be down to WWE's style of making them both do the 'Nah ah girlfriend' nonsense when they get on the stick..

I didn't see it but the now Mercedes Monè's performance in Japan this morning appears to be getting slaughtered. In particular her promo skills. Let's hope her AEW debut goes off better.

She was so bad she makes Tay Conti look like Brian Danielson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Watched the debut earlier ,very underwhelming..from the entrance music to a slightly botched move ..the crowd just seemed flat

Post edited by Cotts72 on

Yeah I watched it since. It's pretty bad. A few polite claps but you got the sense many in the crowd didn't know who she was and/or what she was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Obviously most wouldn't know what she's saying with the language barrier but if she was the megastar people think she is then the reaction should've been bigger.

She probably just needs to get her head around the fact she’s not in WWE anymore so her old schtick won’t work , she’s not in the impact zone so changing from “the boss” to”the CEO” and recycling her old schtick is just stupid, ,promos will need to be different, body Language is key and only a dumbasś would try to wrestle in heels

Just watched Sasha's appearance at WK. Is her entrance music just Kris Kross?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think I read somewhere it's a remix.

I'm no expert on Japan but I thought Mercedes' debut was perfectly fine. She came across as a big deal in spite of a stumbling promo and move.

Awkward debuts seem to be a thing in NJPW, again based on what I've read elsewhere.

The reaction on social media and pundits seems like a total overreaction to me, coming from a combination of people that just don't like her and people that have a chip on their shoulder over her being a WWE wrestler. I say that as someone who was never once grabbed by her in WWE like I was with the other 3 horse women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It was nowhere near as bad as people were making it out to be, I expected the worst when I saw the reaction on here before seeing it.

Got the feeling it was mostly from people who haven't watched much Puro or Joshi stuff before because the audio in the Dome is always brutal.

• Advertisement

Was thinking that as well. Anytime I've watched NJPW the crowd seems pretty quiet. Didn't find anything unusual about the reaction from my limited experience with them.

The problem wasn't the crowd, it was Mercedes doing her wwe style promo that included spots where she expected a crowd reaction and not being able to adjust on the fly......

Do feel sorry for anyone who thought her botch wasn't "that bad"...

Sasha in an upcoming film. Though looking at their other films, I may have seen 1 or 2 of them available when browsing sites.

She's getting a lot of mileage out of The Mandalorian. She was in about two episodes and had feck all lines in them.

They seem to just look at an actor's imdb page and see what the biggest thing they've done and put that with the name in the article. In this case outside of wrestling.

I've seen times when they might give an actor's name and they may have appeared in a lesser known series in a minor role as well as a guest role on an episode of something like Game of Thrones. But it would be GoT that gets mentioned.

But on a tangent, has anything come of Becky's acting career outside of Young Rock? Thought she was due to be in a Marvel movie or something.

Eh hello..The Marine 6?!

I think her pregnancy scuppered that Marvel one. But I read somewhere that they still like her and might use her down the line.

I'll take their word that that's what the instagram post translates as.

Trinity makes her debut on a tv taping for a non WWE company tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Presume trinity thought her stock was alot higher ..sums it up that she ended up on IMPACT

• Advertisement

And the crowd went almost mild for her debut 😂

Advertisement